• Darth Vadar
    • Darth Malak
    • Darth Revan
    • Emporer Palpatine
    • Darth Maul
    • Darth Tyranus
    • Darth Bandon
    • Bastila
    • The three dark jedi on the star forge.
    • Mara Jade

Hey, I have some questions here:

Who is Mara Jade anyway?

Can we group those people into 2 categories so as to make things clearer? There are so many "Darth" people in the SW universe: how about "the bad guys in the movies" and "the bad guys in Kotor"?

Movies: Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Maul

Kotor: Darth Malak, Darth Revan, Darth Bandon, Bastila, the three siths on the star forge

Who is Darth Tyranus? Is he the guy who chops Anakin's arm in Episode II?

There is also one thing I haven't understood in the movies: There is a guy named Lord Duku (I think) in the movies and he leads the opposition against the Republic, is he Darth Tyranus? There was also another Jedi who is named in Episode II, a guy who supposedly disappeared "ten years ago" and who had ordered the creation of the clone army... Does anyone have any clue about who he is?

Cheers.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Who is Darth Tyranus? Is he the guy who chops Anakin's arm in Episode II?

There is also one thing I haven't understood in the movies: There is a guy named Lord Duku (I think) in the movies and he leads the opposition against the Republic, is he Darth Tyranus?

Yes and yes.

And Mara Jade is a character from the Star Wars novels; she's one of the Emperor's personal assassins, or 'Emperor's Hands', trained in the Dark Side with her last mission being to eliminate Luke Skywalker. It gets complicated from there, but suffice it to say she eventually ends up marrying him instead.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I think there was also a guy named Darth Sidius (he is mentioned in Episode 2)... Is he the emperor or what?

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Say, when did palpatine start cloning himself anyway?

If best = most powerful wouldn't it have to be Exar Kun?

I think in regards to this poll, 'best' means 'coolest.'

Nevertheless, why would you say Exar Kun is the most powerful?

Who's Exar Kun? :blink:

Sorry for being annoying with my questions, but the SW universe has still lots of mysteries for me...

Who's Exar Kun? :blink:

Sorry for being annoying with my questions, but the SW universe has still lots of mysteries for me...

Talk to Jolee, he'll know ;)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In point of fact, Ramza, if you have ANY question about ANY character or location from Star Wars, that link will probably be able to answer it. The official encyclopedia of Star Wars stuff.

That's how I learned about stuff in the books, since I've never read a Star Wars novel. :blink:

LIke.. Darth Maul was a true Sith warrior. You could touch his rage, it was almost physical. And his rage manifested itself into some really skillful fighting techniques.

Vader's fighting pales in comparison. Revan? Bah. Malak? Bah. Palpy is just a rotting old man. Tyranus is just a soon-to-be rotting old man.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

LIke.. Darth Maul was a true Sith warrior. You could touch his rage, it was almost physical. And his rage manifested itself into some really skillful fighting techniques.

Then how come an apprentice Obi-wan was able to cut him in half?

Then how come an apprentice Obi-wan was able to cut him in half?

I blame GLucas! He had to get rid of Maul. Otherwise, everyone would think the whole episode 1-3 was about Maul, because he was the only one to show a strong character.

And I was hoping for a Maul clone when they said about episode 2 "Concerning bad guys, you won't be disappointed". And we got an old man. Not that Cristopher Lee isn't cool, but he doesn't measure up to your average tatooed zabrak sith.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Darth Vader, no doubt about it. He's one of the best movie villains of all time. And he never becomes of one of those cookie-cutter evil villain stereotypes that are so common in the SW books and games. No cackling diabolical laughter, no gloating and no bulls***, just good ol' fashioned menace and a really cool suit of black armor. B)

Vader's fighting pales in comparison. Revan? Bah. Malak? Bah. Palpy is just a rotting old man. Tyranus is just a soon-to-be rotting old man.

He was also one of the most throw-away, wasted characters in Star Wars. He coulda been a contenda, as they say....but George Lucas has all the writing talent of a lobotomized AD&D novelist and turned him into a pale shadow of Vader's coolness.

I blame GLucas! He had to get rid of Maul.

And so it came to be, that the pen was mightier than the lightsaber...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Darth Maul was just so slick! He looked cool and was a great fighter!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Why Vader. WHY VADER?!?!?

He betrayed us! It's supposed to be the best Sith (well, you said Dark Jedi but I won't go there), NOT 'the person we think was redeemed'

NOT: the best sith from the jedi point of view.

The best effin' sith wouldn't bloody well turn to the "light side". Okay, I can understand why he did it, but nonetheless, his credibility just goes WAY out the window with that damn move.