Kentucky County Clerk still Refuses to issue Gay Marriage License

BruceVC

Though illegal immigrants might not be licensed to even be able to refuse to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples to begin with, either... :p

(e: holy recursiveness, batman)

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

If an illegal alien gay marries (is that even a thing?) a citizen does that help them towards gaining citizenship?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

i really dont get religious people. if a hypothetical religion had a rule that every saturday from dawn to dusk, believers have to be naked and all must have sex at least once regardless of age... would that make it ok to disregard the laws about indecent exposure and sexual abuse of children (since the children are not exempt from the sex rule)? or would it be ok to say to someone who does not follow that religion "My religion says all people should have sex today, so assume the position" (which is practically what this lady does to gay couples)?

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

This is interesting but I feel  jailing her is a bit harsh. She should have been fined or something similar

This may sound inconsistent coming from a huge supporter of gay rights like me but I see her as someone who just doesn't have the mental reasoning  to make the right decision. I suppose this does send a clear message 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Jesus himself has a temper tantrum and kills a tree because it didn't happen to have any fruit for him that day."

\L0L

As for the woman, she is being silly. She has a job to represent the gov't. If she cna't do that she broke her vows to her position so she should lose it.\

\As for jailing her over this, only nazis agree that is the right thing to do. EVIL. EVIL EVERYWHERE. Both sides are scummy.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's just going to turn her into a martyr.  

Also I read she has to stay in jail until she issues the licenses 

Now what will she do.....will she really be prepared to stay in jail indefinitely over her religious views....its seems a bit unfair ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Instead she is a victim of evil nazis treated worse than someone who kills gays. BRILLIANT.

\This isn't justice nor is it fair which is what the law calls for. So, the alw punuishes her for not following the law but the law doesn't follow the law either. LOGIC.

This isn't fair or reasonable punishment. Those who support it are evil nazis.

Edited by Volourn

"Jesus himself has a temper tantrum and kills a tree because it didn't happen to have any fruit for him that day."

\L0L

As for the woman, she is being silly. She has a job to represent the gov't. If she cna't do that she broke her vows to her position so she should lose it.\

\As for jailing her over this, only nazis agree that is the right thing to do. EVIL. EVIL EVERYWHERE. Both sides are scummy.

Volo there is a valid reason for jailing her from the judges perspective....I may not agree with it but it is valid. From this CNN link 

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/kentucky-clerk-same-sex-marriage-kim-davis/index.html

" During the hearing, one witness told the court that Davis had denied her a marriage license three times, and when Davis took the stand, the clerk explained that she could not issue the licenses because of her religious beliefs.

American Civil liberties Union attorneys argued in a motion filed Monday that Davis "continues to collect compensation from the Commonwealth for duties she fails to perform."

They said they didn't want her to be jailed as punishment, but rather, the attorneys asked the court to "impose financial penalties sufficiently serious and increasingly onerous" to make her comply with the high court's order.

U.S. District Judge David Bunning, however, apparently felt she deserved jail time, but he also told Davis she could end her incarceration by complying with the Supreme Court order and telling her deputy clerks to do the same "

John Milton 

Jail is exactly what she deserves. Lets see how strong that conviction of hers is now that she cant be a bully on a pulpit. :fdevil:

Shame ..I hear what you saying but imagine how she sees this, she truly believes her mortal soul is in danger....but jail is probably worse 

John Milton 

Shame ..I hear what you saying but imagine how she sees this, she truly believes her mortal soul is in danger....but jail is probably worse

I guess she should look for work that doesn't threaten her to eternal damnation? :lol:

This lady is just a tool on a crusade. Don't you find it interesting that she doesn't have any issue with her own multiple marriages and pregnancy out of wedlock but she's afraid she'll burn in hell if her name is on another couples marriage certificate? C'mon. A-holes gonna a-hole.

• Like 3

I'm not arguing  that jail time isn't justifying. I;m arguing that 'indefinitely/unlimited' time in jail is not justified. It's not fair and reasonable to plan to keep her in prison for the rest of her life when cold blooded killers are let out ebfore then yet that is what the judge is threatening here. That is evil nazi bullcrap and totally breaks the alw since the law is supposed to be fair and reasonable.

I guess she should look for work that doesn't threaten her to eternal damnation? :lol:

This lady is just a tool on a crusade. Don't you find it interesting that she doesn't have any issue with her own multiple marriages and pregnancy out of wedlock but she's afraid she'll burn in hell if her name is on another couples marriage certificate? C'mon. A-holes gonna a-hole.

You right actually ..I forgot that part about her multiple marriages

So in fact  this changes my view of her as  a true religious zealot....she is probably just homophobic which means I will bet she won't last 1 week in jail

John Milton 

I get that she is an elected official and cannot be fired, but isn't there some alternative other than jail when dealing with an official who isn't doing their job?  What if someone has a mental breakdown in office, or is in a coma?  Don't they have some sort of 'no longer fit to serve' procedure?   

• Like 1

I'm not arguing  that jail time isn't justifying. I;m arguing that 'indefinitely/unlimited' time in jail is not justified. It's not fair and reasonable to plan to keep her in prison for the rest of her life when cold blooded killers are let out ebfore then yet that is what the judge is threatening here. That is evil nazi bullcrap and totally breaks the alw since the law is supposed to be fair and reasonable.

Volo thats why you Canadians have majors who smoke crack and still  stay on in office ....you guys have no sense of law and justice  :aiee:

John Milton 

I get that she is an elected official and cannot be fired, but isn't there some alternative other than jail when dealing with an official who isn't doing their job?  What if someone has a mental breakdown in office, or is in a coma?  Don't they have some sort of 'no longer fit to serve' procedure?   

Yes my first view was  " just fire her " but its true I read she can't be fired as she was an elected official 

John Milton 

Seems reasonable to me. From my understanding, isn't jail pretty standard for being in contempt of the court?

She can go free anytime. Either step down or issue the licenses. It's her choice if she wants to play the part of the martyr.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

"Whaa? She can walk out right now if she agrees to DO HER JOB."

Again, you seem to think it is morally coect to have some in prison for a billion years for this crime while murderers get out way before her whether or not they confess.. L0L

How is that fair and reasonable punishment? Only evil nazis think that.

Also, this myth that she can't be kicked out of office is silly - even the President can be removed from office.

Also, her mutliple marriages are completely irrelevant. She broke the law. Punish her JUSTLY and move on.

Treating her like she is worse than a scumbag who murders a gay person is not fair and reasonable which is what the law demands. So why are you guys okay with breaking THAT law? Evil nazi hypocrites!?!