Kentucky County Clerk still Refuses to issue Gay Marriage License

BruceVC

I have posted this before on this thread and elsewhere. The worst evil this world has ever known begins when one group of people believes they know better how another group of people should be living.

Nailed it. People really need to learn to just leave other people alone and mind their own business.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I have posted this before on this thread and elsewhere. The worst evil this world has ever known begins when one group of people believes they know better how another group of people should be living.

Nailed it. People really need to learn to just leave other people alone and mind their own business.

I'm not entirely sure. I mean, it sounds like a really convenient excuse for not giving a **** about the suffering of other human beings while retaining moral high ground.

(Not to imply this is what GD's doing, just to illustrate how complex morality really can't be distilled into omni-applicable wisdom in a snappy little soundbite.)

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

"remove the worry and stress from  people having to make certain choices around economic and political policy  by making the choices for them "

And, you SJWs wonder why I call your group nazis. That's EXACTLY how nazis and other power hungry groups  excuse their poor behaviour.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nothing good comes from trying to engineer things that shouldn't be engineered. But I guess it is the sanctimony that starts everyone off on the wrong foot.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd say that it has to go beyond simple belief, there has also to be a desire to inflict the 'benefits' of those ideas on others whether they want it or not. Otherwise holding or expressing any belief about others would be wrong and so would any political party or political discourse; after all, every candidate will say that they know best what their country and everyone in it need even if they'd couch it in slightly different terms, and that's true whether you agree with the candidate or not. So long as you're reasonable about how you express your beliefs and don't seek to impose them on others (as opposed to express or hold them at all) then it's fine.

• Like 3

I'd say that it has to go beyond simple belief, there has also to be a desire to inflict the 'benefits' of those ideas on others whether they want it or not. Otherwise holding or expressing any belief about others would be wrong and so would any political party or political discourse; after all, every candidate will say that they know best what their country and everyone in it need even if they'd couch it in slightly different terms, and that's true whether you agree with the candidate or not. So long as you're reasonable about how you express your beliefs and don't seek to impose them on others (as opposed to express or hold them at all) then it's fine.

True enough.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

"remove the worry and stress from  people having to make certain choices around economic and political policy  by making the choices for them "

And, you SJWs wonder why I call your group nazis. That's EXACTLY how nazis and other power hungry groups  excuse their poor behaviour.

quote-ships-that-pass-in-the-night-and-s

I'm not entirely sure. I mean, it sounds like a really convenient excuse for not giving a **** about the suffering of other human beings while retaining moral high ground.

(Not to imply this is what GD's doing, just to illustrate how complex morality really can't be distilled into omni-applicable wisdom in a snappy little soundbite.)

Well, it's fine to want to help people as long as you don't impose yourself on people. I mean, I've given homeless people money and even let one homeless guy I knew live in my house for a few weeks. It's not the same as going, "I know what's best for you, so here's a bunch of rules dictating your life that you MUST abide by."

So, did I hear right that she's now talking about running for Governor of Kentucky? Or is that just the internet carrying it too far...?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I just don't want to google news about her for fear of making my search engines think I'm that interested in what is going on or that she's more popular than she deserves.. :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."