Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update 100: The White March - Part I

Update 2.00 The White March Expansion Release DRKN

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3065 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Aren't the owners Obsidian? Do they not have control over this IP?

Obsidian owns the IP, but Sawyer is only an employee and is posting on his own behalf, not the company's.

Ah, I see. For some reason I keep thinking he was one of the co-founders.

Well....they need to get on that while the iron's hot. Right now there's momentum behind the PoE brand. Of course they need to take all the time they have to take to make a good game, but that's all the more reason to start early, right? ;)

Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Steam:Dark_Ansem
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

No hope for engine update, right?

LuccA

LuccA

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I would also like to know if there are any plans to make the expansion 'updatable' for the physical game samehow.

• Trilip and peshk like this

Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Cynic of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Will the individual stealth feature be available to those who have not yet purchased the expansion?

Yes.

The changes in stealth were part of the 2.0 patch, not a new feature of the expansion.

Edited by Night Stalker, 27 August 2015 - 11:30 PM.

• rjshae likes this

RonSonite

RonSonite

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts

Sorry for the question but is the "normal" new content also available without The White March Add On and just the recent update for Pillars of Eternity?

Add On:

• The White March - Part I takes place in the harsh, frozen frontiers north of the Dyrwood. Word of Durgan's Battery and its buried treasures (including Durgan's Steel) has made its way back to the Watcher of Caed Nua.
  • We have two new companions in the expansion:
    • Zahua, a scarred, drug-addicted monk who thinks pain is the true path to enlightenment.
    • The Devil of Caroc, a construct with the soul of a murderer infused inside.
  • The expansion adds in a special class of items called soulbound weapons. These weapons have powerful (and unique) enchantments that become more powerful as their wielder levels up.

Pillars of Eternity:

• You can now set your companions to use AI so you don't have to spend as much time managing their actions. Each class has special AI packages that are unique to those classes and we will be added in additional AI packages in the future. The AI for enemies has also been improved.
  • Party members can now go into individual stealth. This allows some part members to be stealthed while other members are not. This is particularly useful in positioning party members for upcoming battles or sneaking by small groups of enemies.
  • You may now retrain your party members to modify their attributes, skills, and abilities. Now you can try out new builds quickly and easily.

Right?!

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I was right. Found the information with some research.

Edited by RonSonite, 28 August 2015 - 01:24 AM.

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5869 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

That's correct. I believe the increased level cap and new abilities are also tied to the expansion.

peshk

peshk

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I would really like an answer to the question some posted, when we can expect the 2.0 patch for the dvd version.

And even more interesting would be the information, if it will be possible to get the expansion for the dvd version, because I don't have another and that would mean I can't enjoy the fruits of your hard work ;)

• Trilip likes this

Prezz

Prezz

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Is it possible for someone to share where the new map is? I think my update might have been bugged. I see the new intro and the new game features, but my max level is still capped at 12 and I cannot see any new maps.

I am half way through Act 3 in level 12 so the requirement for the new content should have triggered. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Infinitron

Infinitron

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2050 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

March 2016 according to a German magazine, IIRC. Obsidian never Said anything official about it though.

Which German magazine is this, do you remember?

Edited by Infinitron, 29 August 2015 - 02:21 AM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5384 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Which German magazine is this, do you remember?

I was referring to this post, which in turn links to this article.

My German's pretty rusty so I didn't try to read the article myself, but Josh said on SA (usual link in one of my posts in the previous page of this thread) that they've just started on part II. Guess it is fair to expect it to take about 6 more months.

• Infinitron likes this

Messier-31

Messier-31

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2240 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Everything's fine ;]

My least favourite change is this new intro with Obsidian logo. Previous was simpler and better.

So yeah, first world problems all over again.

• Doppelschwert likes this

Azmodiuz

Azmodiuz

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Steam:woodzstack
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Will there be an update to the strategy guide for White March? :)

yeah i'd like to have another hardcover !

rob2e

rob2e

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Steam:rob2e

So if you "won the game" before getting TWM Part I, in order to experience White March, you would need to start a new game from scratch?

Sowlin

Sowlin

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Keep up the great work!

Silent Winter

Silent Winter

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1594 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So if you "won the game" before getting TWM Part I, in order to experience White March, you would need to start a new game from scratch?

No - you should have a 'Pre-End-Game' auto-save, right before the point of no return.

(Some people have lost theirs though - dunno if it's a bug or a careless delete)

(Also Trial of Iron players won't have theirs - but TOI is a 'no going back' mode anyway - can use the console to teleport if you feel that's unfair).

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1776 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Tell you what, those guys (and I'm sure girls) over at DRKN do not mess around with customer service. 

Hi Michael,

thank you very much for your order! We can't tell you how happy we are that you picked out these items. Actually that's not true, we're trying to tell you how happy we are right now. We started DRKN because we didn't think there were clothes inspired by digital culture that were good enough out there. You make it clear we're not alone and that we're on the right path and we wanted to say thank you for that. Thank you!

Have you had the chance to play The White March yet?

We hope you enjoy the prints, quality and the fit. We do our best to make some top pieces.

If you have the chance we'd love to see you and the clothes in action! Use @weareDRKN on either twitter or instagram and we'll see it.

Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help you out in any way!

Sincerely,
Benjamin

Stoner

Stoner

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 114 posts

I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere but cannot find any info on The White March part 2 ETA, can someone please point me in the right direction on this?

Also, is it ok to start playing part 1 before part 2 released? I might be wrong but I really don't like the idea to get stuck in the middle of a story while waiting for continuation...

wanderon

wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1274 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere but cannot find any info on The White March part 2 ETA, can someone please point me in the right direction on this?

Also, is it ok to start playing part 1 before part 2 released? I might be wrong but I really don't like the idea to get stuck in the middle of a story while waiting for continuation...

The game plan is that White March 2 will be about the consequences for the way you played Part 1 - so no cliffhangers just more content more story reacting to your input.

(or so I heard) :) (ETA winter? spring?)

• Stoner likes this

Blurry_Eyes

Blurry_Eyes

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Question: are the gog/steam/origin version compatible with the DVD version or are we going to need a specific version?

wanderon

wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1274 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Question: are the gog/steam/origin version compatible with the DVD version or are we going to need a specific version?

Neither will work at the moment with DVD version - they are working on a plan to release it to DVD users - supposed to be coming soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Update 2.00, The White March, Expansion, Release, DRKN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users