Esports still on the rise

How you can tell he is wealthy from his profile? :)

Anyway OG are rolling!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

EG vs OG is going to be hype as **** today!  NoTail vs Fly, the deathmatch!  :dancing:

Yeah I want to see it and its soooo effing late at night for me "/

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

We had the first OpenAI Skynet vs Humans match today.  The humans in question were Pain Gaming, the first team eliminated from TI8.  Humans won, so I guess we still have a couple of years before Skynet kills us all.

save.us.john_connor

LGD vs Liquid up next.  This could very well be a preview of the grand final.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

OG, what a game, awesome, my team are doing it!

Chilloutman's OG is already in the grand final.  I'm crossing my fingers that EG beats LGD tomorrow in the lower bracket finals and we get the OG vs EG rematch in the grand final.  NoTail vs Fly The Deathmatch: Part 2 in a bo5 grand final would be super hype.

:dancing:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Funny how OG already beat both teams who have chance to meet them in Grand Finals :)

Don't follow DotA at all, but the EU teams this year on League are looking really promising even despite the talent exodus that NA's franchising system caused. Looking forward to the end of playoffs and Worlds and see if they can match up against Korea and especially China who also look crazy strong this year.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I don't follow League, but I was under the impression that, much like Starcraft, it was dominated by Korea.  Is that correct?

DotA is the only eSport I follow all the time.  I watch Starcraft and CSGO from time to time.  I've watched a bit of League but just couldn't get into it the same way I got into DotA for whatever reason.  I imagine if DotA didn't exist I would probably watch League more often, it would probably replace DotA in my watching schedule. Since DotA does exist I don't see the point in following 2 eSports that are so similar.  I could never get into watching fighting games, nor Overwatch (fun game to play, not fun to watch), nor Rocket League, nor any sports games like Madden, FIFA, etc.

Edit:  Damn, LGD just steamrolled EG.  Maybe it's a Chinese year after all (Chinese teams have won all even number TIs so far: TI2 - IG,  TI4 - Newbee, TI6 - Wings)?  I guess OG will have something to say about that.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't follow League, but I was under the impression that, much like Starcraft, it was dominated by Korea.  Is that correct?

Definitely. But Korea's on a weird year where the classic strong teams are suffering and the newer, more region-dominant teams are either underperforming internationally or untested in that setting just yet. China on the other hand has only been getting better since last year, with RNG winning the Mid-Season Invitational this year which is the biggest international League competition outside of Worlds.

And yeah, I get you there on DotA/League. I've only seen a bit myself back when I was working in the eSports setting but with both being fairly similar and already having invested a bit of time playing one of them over the other, I kinda opted into following the one I knew best and considered that the time-sink I'd have to spend in learning another MOBA to that degree was not very feasible (and since I've sort of parted ways from League in the most competitive sense anyhow, only play it casually and follow the eSports scene as a viewer nowadays). Still nice to see both doing so well in this regard too. Overwatch too, but last I saw it really made for a bad viewer experience (if not necessarily a bad player experience per se).

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Dota was first, i played it from middle school + they got best sond eva with babes watching man:

• Like 1

Overwatch too, but last I saw it really made for a bad viewer experience (if not necessarily a bad player experience per se).

That's my feeling on it too.  Blizzard has a long way to with its spectator mode for Overwatch.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

what a game numero uno, OG dominating

The tables have turned as LGD has looked unstoppable for 2 straight games and they're just 1 game away from fulfilling the Chinese Even Year Prophecy.  Hopefully OG can turn things around and push this to a game 5.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Not a good day for e-sports:

The killer attended the event and once he started loosing he started killing people.

A truly sad day. My condelences to the victims families. RIP.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Not a good day for e-sports:

The killer attended the event and once he started loosing he started killing people.

A truly sad day. My condelences to the victims families. RIP.

How in the heck was he allowed to carry firearms into the building?

I mean, I know it's America and they're allowed to carry guns, but shouldn't security have prevented that from going into the actual building?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 1 month later...

TRL_Lightning is the first winner of FIA Gran Turismo Sport National Cup. The finale took place in Madrid.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• 1 month later...