Has anybody looted this elusive gauntlet? I know this is one of those "random" item which can be looted on a specific time and place.

I've been trying to look for this to maximize my damage for my DW Rogue.

I think it dropped in the last dungeon on my solo cipher run, which is kinda pointless since you can't leave and can only do the endfight there.

That sucks. It wouldve been nice if we could use it during the expansion.

i'd like to know if there are others who got this item outside the final dungeon.

I think it dropped in the last dungeon on my solo cipher run, which is kinda pointless since you can't leave and can only do the endfight there.

I felt this way about the Boots of Speed, when they popped very close to the endgame bossfight. :getlost:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I felt this way about the Boots of Speed, when they popped very close to the endgame bossfight. :getlost:

I got a piece of Boots of Speed +3 in the last levels of Endless Paths. I was thinking I could also get the Guantlets of Pusissant Melee before end game dungeon.

With boots of speed I had the same bad luck, also very rare are gauntlets of Accuracy and broad belt of power.

With my solo pala I just finished Endless Paths level 15 and I haven't got the gauntlets of Pusissant Melee nor boots of speed yet, all there is left for me to do is go to the end dungeon, lol...

I've only gotten the Boots of Speed very late in the game.  And I don't know if I've eve seen these Gauntlets of Puissant Melee.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of having unique items in random drops.  You can put all the generic items you want in random drops, and it's no big deal.  But it bites that I've never seen the Gloves of (+2 in Mechanics) or these Puissant gauntlets.  Or gotten the Boots of Speed earlier.  (Oh how my monk would have loved those if only he'd gotten them when he could have actually gotten some good value out of them.)

I've only gotten the Boots of Speed very late in the game.  And I don't know if I've eve seen these Gauntlets of Puissant Melee.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of having unique items in random drops.  You can put all the generic items you want in random drops, and it's no big deal.  But it bites that I've never seen the Gloves of (+2 in Mechanics) or these Puissant gauntlets.  Or gotten the Boots of Speed earlier.  (Oh how my monk would have loved those if only he'd gotten them when he could have actually gotten some good value out of them.)

I don't mind the semi-randomness of it, but I do think the true uniques shouldn't have been allowed to drop in the end-game, no-return area. Mostly for the totally non-objective reason that I think it's no fun. *winkwink* Having a lot of them with the potential to drop in the Paths somewhere makes some sense, giving a reason to do that otherwise optional area.

Good to know the Boots of Speed don't just drop in end game - although from the sound of it, it seems like that's one of the most common places for it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You could just buy the Spirit Spiral glove that gives x1.05 melee bonus and three uses of Whispers of Treason (that you will never use). They are sold by the innkeeper at the Celestial Sapling. I certainly never found such awesome gloves in my play-through, but I got some loot that my brother had not so maybe there is a degree of randomness to it. 

Edited by Venatio

You could just buy the Spirit Spiral glove that gives x1.05 melee bonus and three uses of Whispers of Treason (that you will never use). They are sold by the innkeeper at the Celestial Sapling. I certainly never found such awesome gloves in my play-through, but I got some loot that my brother had not so maybe there is a degree of randomness to it. 

Actually I'm using the Spirit Spiral on my previous playthrough. I might be using it again if I reach the the end of my new playthough if I don't get the Puissant Melee Gloves.

There's a sarcophagus in the main Copperlane catacombs area that can definitely drop it.  There's another sarcophagus in the adjoining temple of Woedica area that I believe has the same loot list.  They  can also drop the +spell damage and +ranged damage gauntlets.

• Like 1

OR the thrice-damned idiotic Stalker's Torc, which from my experience you always find in the temple, but still clearly need a chance to find elsewhere as well.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

In Endless Paths level 13 and 14 there are 2 random loot location.

Right now I'm playing with it using rest/area transition.

I'm getting these items:

Necklace of Fireballs

Broad Belt of Power

Guantlets of Swift Action (speed +1)

Boots of Speed +3

Trollhide Belt

Glanfathan Adraswen

Girdle of Driving Wave (Knockdown)

Ill expetiment more.

Edited by Veynn

OR the thrice-damned idiotic Stalker's Torc, which from my experience you always find in the temple, but still clearly need a chance to find elsewhere as well.

Random items are based on the day of the month, so if you always follow the same pattern up to the temple then that'd explain always getting the torc.

...or it might just be fixed