1.04: dominated chars still change weapon sets

Madscientist

Question

10 answers to this question

I am consistently getting this too. So much so that I thought it was intended XD

Not sure I have a saved game to attach before a fight where enemies can charm you; will look for it later tonight when I'm home from work.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

If dominated chars were doing so intelligently and with purpose, it would be OK. However right now they do so systematically and for no reason (they switch to a bow while engaged in melee, for example) and it's annoying when you regain control to have to switch weapons again and wait until your recovery is over before you can attack.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Can confirm. I agree with AndreaColombo, as well. If this was done intelligently, it would be fine, but it tends to just be stupid.

Overall, a lot of enemies could stand to have commands to change weapons based on range vs. melee, if only there was a penalty to actually shooting in melee, at least for bows and when reloading.

t50aJUd.jpg

I just remember something.

Aloth had a rod and changed to dagger when dominated.

Several chars had a melee weapon and changed to a ranged weapon when dominated.

Eder had a pistol and he kept using his pistol when dominated.

Can it be that dominated chars act like this:

unarmed -> implement -> melee -> ranged

The order may be different, but there might be a priority about the weapon type dominated chars use (if equipped of course).

Can somebody confirm this or is it completely random if they change weapons or not?

Still happening to me too in 1.05. I was fighting some spores and my barbarian insisted on using his staff instead of his greatsword when dominated/confused(whatever they do)  seemingly every time. However, when Pallegina was dominated in the same fights, she did not switch away from her dual wield weapons.