Looting and Rioting in Baltimore

ktchong

"Not everyone here operates on a 5th grade trolling mentality.

Many of the most recent posters in this thread have a lot of growing up to do. It's sadly doubtful they'll ever do it at this point.

I just about never agree with PrimeJunta, but the immaturity, tastelessness, and derailing attempts indeed has sunk quite low. It's unfortunate that yet again, a moderator (same one as before) is the prime instigator of this off topic trolling crud that drives people from threads and from the forum all together."

Mah Fells Mah Feels Mah Feels Mah Feels Mah

Seriously, people need to get over themseklves. You cannot be harmed by silly posts.

Actually, I ake that back, because posts like yours TRIGGER me as I realize people are so pro power, control, and slavery they want to control 100% of the people 100% of the time.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Not everyone here operates on a 5th grade trolling mentality.

Many of the most recent posters in this thread have a lot of growing up to do. It's sadly doubtful they'll ever do it at this point.

I just about never agree with PrimeJunta, but the immaturity, tastelessness, and derailing attempts indeed has sunk quite low. It's unfortunate that yet again, a moderator (same one as before) is the prime instigator of this off topic trolling crud that drives people from threads and from the forum all together.

Ah was wondering when this scolding would show up, heh. Nothing wrong with making a bad pun now and then, surprised it was missed the first time around And I can't pass those up, even though it did come a bit out of left field. Rather surprised that made him flounce off, seeing how he's gotten stuck in in threads before.

Moderators aren't our parents in that they serve as role models, they are just people who have to ban people and tidy up posts, so no need to constantly ride Gtfed1's ass about it. Ignore him as well, then.

I suppose I just take a less serious view of an internet forum, let alone the OT forum for a game company.

Yeah I agree with this general  sentiment

My advice to everyone would be to spend  less being concerned with other peoples posts and more time being concerned with your own posts and ensuring they are constructive and interesting

Unless you find something deeply offensive just ignore peoples posts you think are childish or pointless...but I don't see the point of saying " this post is childish" because the debate gets hijacked by a subjective debate around what is acceptable or mature content  which defeats the point of discussing the actual topic ?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The internet tells me he was born in New York, grew up in New York and Connecticut.  It was when he was injured playing football in Iowa that he switched to decathalon.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32554371

Death of Gray is ruled a homicide.

I wonder if this will  lead to a reduction  or increase in the civil unrest we are seeing?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/01/us/freddie-gray-baltimore-death/index.html

So I see that 3 of the 6 cops being charged are African American, I assume that means that this incident won't be seen in  a racial perspective and more a case of pure police brutality?

John Milton 

Of course it will. You notice that was never mentioned previously.

I've been saying this all along over the police violence hoopla. It has very little (if anything) to do with race but about power, control, and slavery. Police are given way too much  rope and have forgot  they are here to protect and serve not abuse and assault.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So I see that 3 of the 6 cops being charged are African American, I assume that means that this incident won't be seen in  a racial perspective

You assume wrong.

By acknowledging that it's a problem of a police force first and foremost serving itself (rather than the people), aided by laws and regulations that give officers far too high of a special status and legal privileges above "normal" citizens, the political left might find themselves faced with inconvenient questions about why they don't rally for (and where they are in power, enact) political change in that regard (which they don't want to, because it would conflict with their long-term dream of an all-powerful government apparatus centrally managing the lives and livelihoods of a submissive citizenry stripped of individual power).

On the other hand if they can spin the issue as "systemic racism by white people (except of course themselves)", they can feel all good and heroic about themselves and engage in symbolic action and moral grandstanding ("raising awareness", "addressing issues") without actually having to enact any political and legal change (because there's nothing that laws could change).

So that's exactly how they're gonna keep spinning it.

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

So I see that 3 of the 6 cops being charged are African American, I assume that means that this incident won't be seen in  a racial perspective

You assume wrong.

By acknowledging that it's a problem of a police force first and foremost serving itself (rather than the people), aided by laws and regulations that give officers far too high of a special status and legal privileges above "normal" citizens, the political left might find themselves faced with inconvenient questions about why they don't rally for (and where they are in power, enact) political change in that regard (which they don't want to, because it would conflict with their long-term dream of an all-powerful government apparatus centrally managing the lives and livelihoods of a submissive citizenry stripped of individual power).

On the other hand if they can spin the issue as "systemic racism by white people (except of course themselves)", they can feel all good and heroic about themselves and engage in symbolic action and moral grandstanding ("raising awareness", "addressing issues") without actually having to enact any political and legal change (because there's nothing that laws could change).

Interesting points raised. I do think this seems to be a systemic issue within the police force as you mentioned  and not institutionalized racism by the police...and of course I won't deny there are elements of racism or rather racial profiling. 

But don't you think any Police force does need certain elevated privileges in society in order to do there job when it comes to dealing with violence? So for example when the Police can use deadly force is not the same as a normal citizen?

John Milton 

But don't you think any Police force does need certain elevated privileges in society in order to do there job

They need the absolute minimal amount of elevated privileges necessary to arrest offenders and act on court orders.

Which is far from the current situation.

So for example when the Police can use deadly force is not the same as a normal citizen?

No, I think when deadly force is permissibly should be decided by he same standard as for normal citizens: Namely, self-defense (incl. self-defense by proxy).

Officers should not be allowed to use deadly force against someone who is merely making their job more difficult (e.g. by running away).

• Like 1

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Officers should not be allowed to use deadly force against someone who is merely making their job more difficult (e.g. by running away).

And they aren't, as the Supreme Court decided in Tennessee vs. Garner back in 1985.  

However it gets a bit more complex than that when someone is in a wrestling match with a cop.

• Like 1

You assume wrong.

Interesting points raised. I do think this seems to be a systemic issue within the police force as you mentioned  and not institutionalized racism by the police...and of course I won't deny there are elements of racism or rather racial profiling. 

But don't you think any Police force does need certain elevated privileges in society in order to do there job when it comes to dealing with violence? So for example when the Police can use deadly force is not the same as a normal citizen?

The problems come from the fact that you are elevating somebody over somebody else. It's very easy for a police officer to justify why he's doing 120 on the interstate in his cop car to try to get to an off duty job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBHOTK4sQPY

The thing about the current system is that the courts and public attorney's are so overloaded that there's no real check on the police at the local level. They can (literally) get away with murder unless there is a deliberate public outcry at the national level.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Not sure I get it, Oby. Are you upset that your civil war exporting lacks black people, and is inherently uncool?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not sure I get it, Oby. Are you upset that your civil war exporting lacks black people, and is inherently uncool?

Britt's can't into humor? Do you never see  "Hunger games "? I hate explain jokes but for such old daddy this is needed probably.

District 11.

Oldmanabouttobeshot.png

http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/District_11

The Capitol

168px-Capitol_freak.png

http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/The_Capitol

Similarity between this dystopian movie  and modern Murica is obvious.