Rate PoE!  

209 members have voted

1. 1. How good you think PoE is?

• 1/5: This game SUCKS. It has no redeeming value.
    • 2/5: The game's flaws are severe, but it has a little merit.
    • 3/5: The game is decent. It's not good, but not bad.
    • 4/5: The game is good. A few flaws, but an enjoyable experience.
    • 5/5: Super awesome game OMG! I love PoE!

How good do you guys think PoE is? I use a 1-5 rating system because 1-10 is crap.

Personally, I think PoE is a 4/5.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

2.5/5

Aside from severe balance issues, the story drags hard around act 2 and most combat encounters are bland. The Dozens could have used more content as well, I felt that they were less used than the Crucible Knights or that crime family.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

4/5

But only using the IE mod. Without, it would be 3/5 (I can't enjoy combat with engagement.)

Better A.I. and immunities would get it real close to 5/5 in my book :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

why, does IE Mod remove the  Engagement fight mechanics ?

It does. But AI continues to act as if it's there, so personally I don't get the point of this removal. Aside from easy kiting for player party.

Voted 4/5. I did enjoy PoE despite its flaws, I couldn't care less about anything else.

• Like 1

why, does IE Mod remove the  Engagement fight mechanics ?

It can if you want it to.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

3/5 description is a bit unfair imo. You can absolutely enjoy a game that scores 3/5, that's not such a bad score in my point of view

I feel that if you enjoyed the game you should give it at least a 4/5.

I feel 3/5 is for people who didn't like or dislike the game. 3/5 would be neutral after all.

Edited by Namutree

I agree with you but saying "didnt enjoy" is too negative for an above-average rating.

I would go more with something like "game is okay, I can play through it once but that's enough"

I just edited it by adding the word myself; which implies that the lack of enjoyment was due to subjective preferences rather than objective flaws. Is that better?

• Like 1

Still have issues with the wording. As is, I'd actually give it a 3.5. I can't say I didn't enjoy it, because there was a lot there that was good. But I also can't say it has 'few' flaws (I think it has many) and I can't say I overall enjoyed it either. So 3.5 would be about where I fall.

Still have issues with the wording. As is, I'd actually give it a 3.5. I can't say I didn't enjoy it, because there was a lot there that was good. But I also can't say it has 'few' flaws (I think it has many) and I can't say I overall enjoyed it either. So 3.5 would be about where I fall.

Either you enjoyed it or you freaking didn't. If you can't say you didn't enjoy it; it gets a 4/5. 

Either you enjoyed it or you freaking didn't. If you can't say you didn't enjoy it; it gets a 4/5. 

Oh, calm down.  Not everyone's opinion fits cleanly on a 1 thru 5 scale.

"Didn't enjoy it" has an unnecessarily negative bias.

So, no it doesn't merit a score of 3, nor does it merit a score of 4. IMO. Sorry if you don't enjoy my point of view on this.

I agree with you but saying "didnt enjoy" is too negative for an above-average rating.

I would go more with something like "game is okay, I can play through it once but that's enough"

I just edited it by adding the word myself; which implies that the lack of enjoyment was due to subjective preferences rather than objective flaws. Is that better?
No. 3 is the middle of the scale, so it could very well be the reverse of your description: mediocre game, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. If it was bad and unenjoyable, it would get 1 or 2. Good and enjoyable, 4 or 5. In case of games like PoE, replayability is what decides my score, so I gave it a 4. Edited by Rosveen

I edited it again. Hopefully no one thinks this version is too negative.

• Like 3

typically we do not purchase games until they have been available for at least six months.  such a wait affords us a chance to buy a game cheaper and get a more stable offering.  poe, as a kickstarter, had us pay years in advance, so it don't get our traditional wait-and-see approach.  nevertheless, am gonna wait to review poe until after 1.05 as that is 'posed to be an expansive patch that alters many features in ways great and small.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)