Quest Bugged "At all Cost"

Lauro

Question

Hello all im triying to complete this quest to get Pallegina and i decided to Save the Merchant and kill the ambushers bug for some reason the quest wont complete ?

name of the quest "AT ALL COST"  Defeat Dana Doemenel .

could anyone help 

18 answers to this question

Also see here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/72467-vailian-trading-company-broken-quest

I emailed my save/log/system specs to the Obsidian support address as well, since the forum won't let me attach any files.

eta: Lauro, what I'm personally doing is going back to a save before I started the quest and skipping it until this is fixed.

Edited by sparklecat

I just played this and took the option to leave the merchant to his fate, not fighting for or against either side. The quest concluded normally and I could recruit the paladin. I know this doesn't fix anyone's problems, but at least it'll allow you to get the NPC.

Got the same issue. It's really bad that this is actually the quest you need to get one of the companions...

Before that I managed to screw the fight by mind controlling one of the opponents I think (everyone turns hostile then)

Edited by Kordanor
  • Like 1

Ok, found some kind of workaround.

If you have an older save game where you didn't do the delivery yet, you can load that and kill the guys right in the tavern. It leads to almost exactly the same dialogues, just that you can say "i already took care of them". And thats it.

Guest Matt Sheets

Hey,  

I'm trying to expedite the developers looking into this. Could you please post your saves in Dropbox and Output logs here?

Sparklecat emailed it but that's going to get routed through our support folder so it might take a bit.

Description:

Describe the issue that is occurring.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

List the steps of how to make the issue happen.

Important Files:

If the files are too large to attach separately, compile them all in a .zip and attach that or make a link to Dropbox with the .zip

Attach files that will help the dev team figure out and resolve the issue. These include:

Savegames

Try to include a save file from right before as well as during the issue you are reporting

Windows Location: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Mac Location: \Library\Application Support\Pillars of Eternity\Saved Games

Linux Location: \Home\.local\share\PillarsOfEternity\SavedGames

Output Log

When the issue occurs, close the game client, find this file, then attach it to your post

Windows Steam Location: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

Mac Location: \Library\Logs\Unity\Player.log

Linux Location: \Home\.config\unity3d\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity\Player.log

same problem here...and even if i do it other way (killing those rascals in tavern) then it somehow screw the Kana "chant mechanic" and it does not restart after fights (hope you know what i mean:)....please please fix this asap 

Bumping this thread because i'm having the same problem with killing Danna and her thugs but having the quest log stuck on "defeat Danna Doemennel" and having Verzano simply responding with the dialogue as if I had accepted the quest but not delivered the package.

Unfortunately I decided to keep playing and have no reloads from before I did this. 

Are saves and output logs still needed?

• Like 1

Not that this counts as a fix but if you want the paladin...Just respond that your going to protect him and then let him die in the ensuing battle.

The quest will move along as far as I can tell exactly the same as if you did save him. 

After patch: Same bug. I delivered the package, talked to Verzano, decided to defend him. Fought the killer commando. Verzano survived. Quest bugged: Verzano now tells me to deliver the package (which I already did). Seems like he HAS to die no matter what.

Edit: The fight is also bugged in many ways: At the start of the fight I retreated to another room. I could hear the fighting in the other room. When I entered that room again to check whether or not Verzano had died, I realized that he was regenerating health ... The Doemonels were unable to kill him. (I didn't do anything. I basically just ran away, trying to wait for Verzano to die.)

Edit2: I let Verzano die during the fight, killed the Doemenels, but Pellagina was nowhere to be found. Cannot recruit her.

So tried again: I reloaded the autosave BEFORE ALL DIALOGS, just when entering the building after delivering the package. Then I played the whole scene again, chosing exactly the same dialog options. The fight started, I won, Verzano survived. Then I waited for about 10 seconds.  *pling*  Quest updated.

There might be two possible causes for this bug:

1) Clicking on Verzano immediately after the fight, ie. before the quest updates.

2) Loading a manual save "inbetween".

When I encountered the bug, I did both. I clicked on Verzano immediately after the fight, and I loaded a save from the start of the fight (a save from after the dialog, when the red circles appear at start of combat).

Edited by paz12

You know, I think I may just be alright with not having the Bird-Lady in my party. What little interactions I've had with her make me think she's not going to carry her weight and I don't want to deal with her bull****.

But if I were to submit my save file to show what isn't working, where does one send our files and our output log? Is there an email address I should forward it to?

just posting to say I have the exact same bug.

I have tried reloading outside before I went in to deliver the package, reloading inside before giving the package.  letting verazno kill danna.  making sure one of my characters killed her.  making sure my main killed her.  standing around for several minutes afterwards.

nothing works.

also, I noticed that even after you collect all the treasure, danna's body still sparkles as if there is loot there, but it won't open a container if I click on her.

edit:

the ONLY way I can progress the quest is by choosing the option to stay out of the fight and let donna have at verazno.  then I'm automatically placed outside, and the quest finishes.

...other things that might be affecting the outcome of this:

-I have an active aventure at the keep, which does not finish if I choose the "save verazno" option, but DOES finish if I choose the "Let verazno die" option.

I have no clue if that has anything to do with it, just noting it.

Edited by Ichthyic

Hey in the quest "at all costs " if youv'e chosen to let the maestre live and to protect him , most of the guys found that even after killing danna quest wont be completed.thats probably a bug.

What worked for me is to go back there and start a fight with the maestre and kill him, then quest is completed and you can hire pallegina, she even thanks you for killing him