Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pillars of Eternity: The Road to Eternity - Part 2 Video

video

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Grivenger

Grivenger

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Can't wait to watch the entire documentary. Ever since I played The Sith Lords and Neverwinter Nights, I have felt like Obsidian was one of the few companies that deserved to continue making their brand of RPGs. I am really happy I backed them, and pitched in. 

Edited by Grivenger, 23 March 2015 - 02:01 PM.

• kozzy likes this

Zazzaro

Zazzaro

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
So sad I missed the kickstarter, but ecstatic about the whole crowd funding thing allowing us and the Devs to give the middle finger to the publishers and corporate suits who know nothing about games other than how much money they can bring in. The industry had started to become soooo stale with the same games coming out, sequels and just dumb downed versions of games to appeal to the most people as possible in order to make the most sales. Just round after round of the same safe games with a new number after the title or a "new IP" that rehashed 90 percent of what we already have been playing with 10% new ideas. Kickstarter and crowdfunding has allowed for the niche market games to come back which has been so great. Obviously there are some bad parts that come along with it, but if you just take the time to do a little research on a project or are an older gamer and have played some of the games from these Devs in the past its easy to know which projects to fund and which ones not to fund. Congrats to the team, looking forward to Thursday... Hell have been looking forward to Thursday for awhile. Been checking green man gaming every hour today to see if ill get my steam key for a preload. Seems I probably won't but I guess another couple hours won't kill me after 2 years of waiting. Hopefully my hardback strategy guide will arrive early on Thursday so I can just look at that while the game downloads. Congrats again, I won't miss the next kickstarter project. As 34 year old gamer, seeing the rebirth of all these CRPGs, HD side scrollers, space sims and point and click adventure games is just a dream come true in a market dominated by FPS and MMOs trying to capture what WoW did.

Edited by Zazzaro, 23 March 2015 - 02:35 PM.

• Aarionn likes this

TrueMenace

TrueMenace

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Can't wait to watch the entire documentary. Ever since I played The Sith Lords and Neverwinter Nights, I have felt like Obsidian was one of the few companies that deserved to continue making their brand of RPGs. I am really happy I backed them, and pitched in. 

They are very few legit devs these days, Obsidian is one of them. They really care about the RPG genre.

Edited by TrueMenace, 23 March 2015 - 05:40 PM.

• kozzy likes this

like00111

like00111

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 49 posts

Video not showing for me?

TrueMenace

TrueMenace

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 443 posts

Video not showing for me?

https://www.youtube....h?v=iBR6TOdb73g

like00111

like00111

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 49 posts

Just watched part 1 and 2... Man they are pretty spectacular. My question is, what was  the game that got cancelled? 

BAdler

BAdler

Game Director

• Developers+
  • -9926 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

Just watched part 1 and 2... Man they are pretty spectacular. My question is, what was  the game that got cancelled? 

Class-based Tetris.

You could choose one of three classes - Summoner, Warrior, and Scamp.

Warriors were good at clearing out blocks (specifically locked blocks that were tough to clear). One of my favorite builds revolved around taking the "Stun" skill which allowed a chance for temporary slowing of falling blocks on crits. If you paired it with two Blockade daggers, your line clears would crit pretty often. It allowed for lots of falling block stoppage which allowed you to set up huge line clearing combos. 

Summoners were really good at block manipulation. Moving blocks from one row to another or one column to another. At higher levels you could do some really sick stuff. I remember the "Fireblast" spell was great for clearing out future blocks that hadn't dropped yet. It allowed you great choice in selecting a good block for maximum clearing.

Scamps were my favorite. They were strange, though. A lot of their abilities would get much better as more of the screen was filled with blocks. They were also the best at clearing locked blocks... in fact, they would get a pretty good XP bonus for clearing them. Normally you would avoid locked blocks, but they were your friend if you were a Scamp.

You gained experience by clearing lines and it would scale your experience gain proportional to your speed. The faster that you cleared lines, the higher the XP gain. You could also chain line clears (clearing a line every time a new block would drop) for some insane XP gains.

I was really sad when it was cancelled, but it was probably for the best.

• Pidesco, WorstUsernameEver, Miquel93 and 16 others like this

lightblade75

lightblade75

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Fantasy Tetris? I just can't believe this. Its just some days to April Fools Day....

• Falkon Swiftblade and TrueMenace like this

beyond1

beyond1

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Steam:hermes105
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks for posting! I'm so happy that I backed you guys, can't wait for the game.

GhettoLevis

GhettoLevis

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So... Tetris of Eternity Add-On confirmed?

Tamerlane

Tamerlane

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1125 posts

Class-based Tetris.

Warriors were good at clearing out blocks (specifically locked blocks that were tough to clear). One of my favorite builds revolved around taking the "Stun" skill which allowed a chance for temporary slowing of falling blocks on crits. If you paired it with two Blockade daggers, your line clears would crit pretty often. It allowed for lots of falling block stoppage which allowed you to set up huge line clearing combos. 

Summoners were really good at block manipulation. Moving blocks from one row to another or one column to another. At higher levels you could do some really sick stuff. I remember the "Fireblast" spell was great for clearing out future blocks that hadn't dropped yet. It allowed you great choice in selecting a good block for maximum clearing.

Scamps were my favorite. They were strange, though. A lot of their abilities would get much better as more of the screen was filled with blocks. They were also the best at clearing locked blocks... in fact, they would get a pretty good XP bonus for clearing them. Normally you would avoid locked blocks, but they were your friend if you were a Scamp.

You gained experience by clearing lines and it would scale your experience gain proportional to your speed. The faster that you cleared lines, the higher the XP gain. You could also chain line clears (clearing a line every time a new block would drop) for some insane XP gains.

Woulda been the hypest **** at AGDQ, lemme tell you that.

CottonWolf

CottonWolf

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Class-based Tetris.

I honestly can't tell if that's an elaborate flight of fancy or not, but hell, I'd have played that game. The Tetris version of Puzzle Quest? Hell yeah.

Edited by CottonWolf, 24 March 2015 - 03:26 AM.

Falkon Swiftblade

Falkon Swiftblade

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Class-based Tetris.

this was a next gen title? I see ads on my mobile phone of marvel super hero blasting bubbles like what ya are describing. I don't know how that would have been a next gen thing, but maybe 5 yrs ago it was ahead of it's time? So far this seems like you're hearts were more into this game.

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Class-based Tetris.

Why would you do research into DircetX11and advance your engine for this? And why would that project have taken up so many people? Including an extra writer.

You trollin'? :)

Edited by C2B, 26 March 2015 - 02:54 AM.

soedenone

soedenone

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 69 posts

You guys really don't understand that he is being facetious?

It has already been lightly touched upon in other places, what that cancelled game was about, you can find it if you look.

Quillon

Quillon

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 639 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So when will the rest of the documentary be released? 

Falkon Swiftblade

Falkon Swiftblade

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I read yesterday on twitter the guy editing it was putting in final touches and its gonna be 90 min long.
  • Quillon likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users