NFL 2015 Season

Gromnir

Of the Saints top 5 CBs 2 are on ir (lewis, williams), one has spent about two months in the concussion protocol (Swann), one is not even trying (Browner) and one is actually quite decent, but still prone to mental **** ups as he came from CFL without having taken a single college snap (Breaux). And the dbs are in a better situation than the lbs!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The red carpet has been rolled out for the Giants in the NFC Least.  I can't fathom any scenario where they don't win the division.  The Cowboys are done, the Iggles are a mess, and the Redskins are, well, the Redskins.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

C'mon Denver, show those silver tea spoons how the West was won. 

the west were won with violence and deceit, which is pretty much how every other place were won... and every football game for that matter.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Browns fans after that game:

j8sPtF4.jpg

• Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

And the Packers continue their downward spiral... Actually, ignoring the anomalous Vikings game, it's really more of a free fall.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Me after that Packers' game:

j8sPtF4.jpg

(probably also applies to Lions fans)

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

J E T S Jets Jets Jets!  I have no delusions of the Cowboys still winning the NFC Least, despite the fact that mathematically they have a chance.  That ship has sailed, as far as I'm concerned.  My NFC Least interest is now purely for getting schadenfreude fueled boners from division rivals losing.  Yes, I am that petty.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The NFC West seems to be operating under bizarro world football rules; the team to lose the most outrageously is the winner.

Side note: I was cracking up listening to the broadcasters for the Minnesota vs Seattle. Towards the end of the half they were talking about the Vikings resting Peterson for the second half. I was sitting there thinking that resting him now means he'll be plenty rested for next week because they'll be so far behind that they'll be passing on every down in the second half.

Edited by the_dog_days

Brandon expletive Browner. Zebras missing 12 guys in the huddle not once, not twice, but THREE times. Cam Newton is a colossal turd. Head 'splodes.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The NFC Least everybody:

2S3cSQE.png

oOXDJDU.jpg

I'd like to able to say it's the worst division I've ever seen, but there were some pretty terrible years for the NFC West not too long ago.

I still think they need a .500 or better rule to get into the playoffs, though. I'd rather have a third wild card team instead of a stinker who just happened to be the least awful in an awful division.

Funnily, Giants have actually outscored their opponents. L0L

I disagree about their needing to be a .500+ rule. I thought the argument was weak previously and it still is. Divisional races mattering makes the league more interesting. Otherwise the exciting finish to last night's game would have been completely meaningless. I actually think there should be another 1 or 2 wildcards though. I don't know why people are so against having  a couple more worthy teams in the playoffs.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Funnily, Giants have actually outscored their opponents. L0L

I disagree about their needing to be a .500+ rule. I thought the argument was weak previously and it still is. Divisional races mattering makes the league more interesting. Otherwise the exciting finish to last night's game would have been completely meaningless. I actually think there should be another 1 or 2 wildcards though. I don't know why people are so against having  a couple more worthy teams in the playoffs.

Probably because adding 2 extra wildcard teams in the playoffs could mean that you have some really wonky possibilities.  Considering there are 4 teams in each division in the AFC/NFC, you could have a scenario where each division could end up sending half their teams to the playoffs (1 champs, then 1 wildcards from each division) or you could end up with one division sending the entire division to the playoffs (4 champs, then 3 others from 1 division with 1 other team).  You'd also have to add an extra week to getting the superbowl or lose the Bye week for the top two division teams.

That said, I'm not crazy about the wild card system.  We have 4 divisions, let the 4 division champs play.

That said, the wildcard system as it currently is actually gives the potential to knock out a duff division champ for a superior team in another division (right now if we were heading to the playoffs this week, we'd end up with NFC East leaders Washington (5-7) playing NFC North's runner-up Minnesota (8-4) with odds being Minnesota would win).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I like the suggestion of four seeds automatically being guaranteed to division champions, but the exact seed not being guaranteed. That is, if a wild card team has a superior record or holds a tiebreaker over a division champion, that wildcard would have a higher seed than that division champion. Of course, this could theoretically create some pretty wonky scenarios like two teams from the same division holding the first two seeds, but the chances of that happening are...very low, and I'd wager it would've never happened if the system had been in place since the division realignment. Of course, the current division alignment hasn't been around for all that long... Even if that did happen, it wouldn't really be the end of the world.

Realistically, I wouldn't be THAT opposed to adding two more wildcards and eliminating the bye week for the #1 and #2 seeds - the current system does make those first two seeds massively more beneficial than the #3 and #4 seeds...but I guess I'm also more or less fine with the current system, too. *shrug*

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1