Another incident with black men getting shot by police

Drowsy Emperor

"Yeah so next time I run a light and get pulled over, I'm spitting in the cop's face cause muh rights. It's my right to antagonize those bastards, then play victim when they retaliate."

I see. Yiu spit in his face and the cop is then justified to murder you? NAZI LOGIC,.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

yes, vol response is very cute, but the guy in question got killed 'cause a couple trigger-happy cops shot him while he were failing to follow some reasonable police instructions.

"cry havoc and let slip the dogs o' war!"

not.

is no Freedom Cry. our victim in question were not blocking a tank in Tienanmen Square.  guy got shot for the same reason most people gets shot in this country: multiple people did stupid things.

HA! Good Fun!

So the cop just happened to open the door and stand back because he wanted the victim to stay in? You can clearly see on the video that the cop is struggling to open the car door and that as soon as the does he stands back and opens fire on a man that was standing with his hands up. The victim made no aggressive moves or sudden, he didn't come close to the officer that had jumped back. You can see that his arms are up when he comes out of the car.

Here is a better version of the video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0cb_1421865901

Edit:

This a different video just to prove how making officers carry cameras on their uniform may actually help with situations like these where they have to shoot someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfTd0PYHKNo

Least that could come out of these police shootings is a federal law mandating that officers carry cameras on their person while on duty.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

am not sure what you think you saw.

from genesis post link:

"But the situation becomes increasingly tense as one officer warns his partner that he has seen a gun in the glove compartment of the Jaguar car.

"Officer Braheme Days repeatedly shouts at the passenger "show me your hands!" while warning him not to "reach for something" inside the vehicle.

"He then appears to reach into the car and remove a gun, but the passenger, Jerame Reid, gets out of the vehicle and is shot several times."

yup. that is pretty much what happened. the cop is giving in instructions and has two possibly armed individuals in a car. he tells them not to move many times while he is trying to simultaneously get at the gun in the glove compartment. is a tense situation, but from the cop's pov, y'know, not back 10 feet but right up adjacent to the car, we can see a potentially for disaster.  no such disaster woulda' occurred if the guy had simply not f-ing moved.

duh.

and again, we did call the cops trigger-happy. we didn't see a need for a shooting, but the instructions given in light o' the situation were very reasonable, and those instructions were not followed.

HA! Good Fun!
Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am not sure what you think you saw.

from genesis post link:

"But the situation becomes increasingly tense as one officer warns his partner that he has seen a gun in the glove compartment of the Jaguar car.

"Officer Braheme Days repeatedly shouts at the passenger "show me your hands!" while warning him not to "reach for something" inside the vehicle.

"He then appears to reach into the car and remove a gun, but the passenger, Jerame Reid, gets out of the vehicle and is shot several times."

yup. that is pretty much what happened. the cop is giving in instructions and has two possibly armed individuals in a car. he tells them not to move many times while he is trying to simultaneously get at the gun in the glove compartment. is a tense situation, but from the cop's pov, y'know, not back 10 feet but right up adjacent to the car, we can see a potentially for disaster.  no such disaster woulda' occurred if the guy had simply not f-ing moved.

duh.

and again, we did call the cops trigger-happy. we didn't see a need for a shooting, but the instructions given in light o' the situation were very reasonable, and those instructions were not followed.

HA! Good Fun!

did you watch the first video in my post?

unlike the one that seems to be circulating the media it doesn't pan the camera to the left so as to obscure the fact that when the victim was coming out of the car his hands were visible and it shows that the officer began shooting unprovoked.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

we avoid random links to sites we don't know.  we did see multiple dashcam video recordings offered by reputable new sites.  unless you is doing some wacky blade runner stuff, am not certain what more coulda' been offered via an uninterrupted dash cam video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHepKd38pr0

this video is an example o' many we saw. is not pan left or right.

http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2015/01/watch_authorities_release_dashcam_footage_in_bridg.html

cop didn't need to shoot, but the cop is a mere 3 feet away, in the dark, when a man with a gun in the glove compartment who were told multiple times not to f-ing move, gets out o' the freaking car.  in a life or death game o' simon says, we know who the clear loser is.

cop: gives a very reasonable order not to move.

response: get out o' the car moving immediate towards the cop with the gun pointed at you and your pal.

on what planet is that anything other than stupid?  

again, this ain't no freaking Tienanmen Square protester situation, so talk o' standing up to injustice is ludicrous. the cop were clear agitated and over-reacting, but there were arse-hat stoopidity on both sides.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That was an intense video to watch. I do feel USA cops go overboard with force, and they often make the wrong snap judgments. But what the hell ever happened to doing what they say? They are the authorities, they have guns, if a cop asks me to do something, I'm going to do it immediately, rights be damned. It's just common sense. Any mistakes they make can be hashed out in a court of law. If you want to challenge them on their territory, you're asking for trouble. 

Volourn is correct.

If it was common sense for everyone to do what the 'authorities' say no matter what, the entire world would be under totalitarian dictatorship type governments.

Exaggerating there. Look, he had every chance to do what the cop asked him to do, like fifteen times. Unlike his friend, he refused to comply. I understand we all have individual rights, but we also have law. The cop said there was a gun in the glove compartment, he was on edge because of that. Then the dude refused to do anything he was asked with a gun in his face. Then the cop tells him if he gets out, he gets shot. So he gets out of the car. News so far states he had a criminal history, shooting at cops among other crimes, and this cop was aware of that. If you want to claim police abuse over a situation like that, give me a break. I've seen way worse. The guy that got choked out was way worse.

There's no exaggeration. You just fail to think through to what your line of thinking ultimately leads to, likely as you just don't want to take responsibility or are uncomfortable with those thoughts. Few want to believe they are cowards or don't have what it takes to stand up to tyranny or for what's right when it counts. In many ways your attitude is what allows a great deal of evil to happen in the world.

What you purport is common sense is nothing more than cowardice. Yea.. its' common to a degree, but it's not sensible. Sadly it's not surprising that you go on and defend the cowardice of the police in that video and try and blame the victim.

No doubt you're one of Milgram's 37.

Even if he disobeyed the order, the right to kill another individual presumes that your life is in actual danger. Now honestly, I can't see on the video that the guys hands are raised but he did move out of the car slowly. It doesn't make sense to try to reach for a weapon anyway when the other guy already has his pointed.

The cop on the other hand was clearly borderline hysterical and killed the man for nothing in response. You can hear by the tone of his voice that he's losing it.

Yes, he didn't do what he was told. How would you react if a hysterical person was pointing a gun at your head for going through a red light? Heck, if anyone was pointing a gun at your head, even if they're level headed? You wouldn't get the urge, rational or not, to run, to get away? The answer is you don't know. You find out when it happens or never.

I presume the guy was trying to either bolt or (ineptly) to defuse the situation by showing that he isn't going for the gun and just stepping out of the car. Neither of which are grounds to kill him. Disobedience doesn't equal aggression ffs. 

I mean Jesus, this was all about a red light, what's with all the commando bull****? 

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Officer Days refers to Mr Reid by his first name and warns: "I'm going to shoot you! You're going to be dead! If you reach for something, you're going to be f****** dead!"

Mr Reid replies: "I ain't got no reason to reach for nothing, bro. I ain't got no reason to reach for nothing."

Who sounds more level headed here?

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

My mistake. Watching the video again it was actually a stop sign and not a red light.

Here is when it occurred.

ubyJlrO.jpg

The guy approaches the stop sign, but didn't come to a full stop, you can see he does brake, indicates that he's turning left, could see no one coming and does turn left. More like a braking/rolling stop and turns left but not completely stopping. Cops probably left their ticket book at the station and went straight in for the kill. No judge, no jury, straight for the gun and the kill.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist
  • Like 2

Things always seem so black and white with you people, quite literally at times too.

To me it is a far great tragedy that police officers and civilians must fear other as they so obviously do. Perhaps the violence "inherent in the system" has more to do with a culture that has grown increasingly confrontational towards perceived "opponents". What is the underlying cause I wonder? Chicken or the egg...

Fortune favors the bald.

You really don't expect me to believe Stefan Molyneux?

Never heard of the guy, but I assume all Molyneuxes are notorious liars then?

We Europeans already long know what the issue is. But apparently the Americans are still wondering why there's this issue in their country... and refuse to listen too. :/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

We Europeans already long know what the issue is. But apparently the Americans are still wondering why there's this issue in their country... and refuse to listen too. :/

am not wondering why.  we, unlike europeans, has a large, culturally and economically diverse culture that is ridiculously well-armed with handguns.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm European -or rather, I am from a country in Europe, the idea that all Europeans are the same is somewhat laughable-, and I can't recall being asked. That particular survey must've slipped my notice.

Just for the record, what IS the issue? I'd like to know what I'm supposed to be knowing for a very long time, thanks.

Edited by JadedWolf

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

"Things always seem so black and white with you people, quite literally at times too."

Why do people feel the need to defend bad cops no matter what? That helps nobody - certainly not the good cops. It does everyone a disservice to defend such scuh scumbags such as this. This cop is an evil murderous scumbag piece of ****.

It's obvious he knew the guy and want to murder him for something that happened 13 years ago.  Revenge killings by cops is very scary **** and unjustifible.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Perhaps you should contact the local prosecutor, I'm sure he would like this 'evidence'.

That said, I never condone murder.. The guy should be suspended pending an investigation and arrested if evidence supports any foul play. At minimum I'd fully support him never working in law enforcement again - it's a job that requires a degree of levelheadedness I doubt he possess.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well.. we made it to page 4 without any blatant racism. That's something I guess.

Yea... black people have a monopoly on acting hysterically. There are plenty of videos out there of white cops (and just people of all colors) acting like hysterical idiots.

Nice of you to call him a monkey...

The guy was actually calm when he first approached the car, but flipped lunatic when he saw a gun in the glove compartment.

Seriously folks, the color of someone's skin matters a lot less than some of you think. More often than not, like in this situation, it doesn't matter at all.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 3

Well.. we made it to page 4 without any blatant racism. That's something I guess.

Yea... black people have a monopoly on acting hysterically. There are plenty of videos out there of white cops (and just people of all colors) acting like hysterical idiots.

Nice of you to call him a monkey...

The guy was actually calm when he first approached the car, but flipped lunatic when he saw a gun in the glove compartment.

Seriously folks, the color of someone's skin matters a lot less than some of you think. More often than not, like in this situation, it doesn't matter at all.

Yeah, you know, some posts -like the one you are mentioning here- make me wish there was, next to a like post button, a dislike post button. I would like to think that particular post would receive a record dislikes from the posters here.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

well we clearly see she attacked. What's the story here?

What we clearly see is that the officer attacked her first, after she appears to be non confrontational at least in a physical manner (can't hear what she says; but people aren't generally allowed to assault others based on what they say). Based on the video, the shooting (as well as the assault preceding it) looks unjustified to me.

That said, it's near impossible to make a judgement call on this one without audio or more information than the video shows.

Note that the person killed was a white female minor. Cops will assault and kill anyone, you don't need to be a black man.

Edited by Valsuelm

Yeah, that's a poor choice of words at best. If cops in the US are really trained to put down a mentally unstable teenager like a rabid dog, training needs to be reviewed. Especially after said training failed to prevent an escalation and also failed to resolve the situation in a non-lethal way, when the first cop for whatever reason could not or chose not to restrain her after having her face down on the ground. Cops going into full CYA mode at the first sign of trouble is par for the course though, so it's barely worthy of comment.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, that's a poor choice of words at best. If cops in the US are really trained to put down a mentally unstable teenager like a rabid dog, training needs to be reviewed. Especially after said training failed to prevent an escalation and also failed to resolve the situation in a non-lethal way, when the first cop for whatever reason could not or chose not to restrain her after having her face down on the ground. Cops going into full CYA mode at the first sign of trouble is par for the course though, so it's barely worthy of comment.

mental instability is hardly making an individual less dangerous to police or bystanders, yes?  even so, we do believe some consideration should be given to evaluating peace officer training.  clearly there is a growing gulf between what peace officers is trained to do and what ordinary american citizens (on such issues, euros and kanadians can go sit and spin for all we care) recognize as reasonable force. once grand juries and criminal court finders o' fact has the law explained to them, cops is rare prosecuted or found guilty in excessive force cases. however, that don't change the fact that most americans seems to be getting sick o' watching videos o' people getting killed by cops.  will more videos o' cops being killed or serious injured balance things?  doesn't seem that way. we got a democracy, for the most part. if americans don't like the way they is being policed, there should be some kinda examination o' cop training.

HA! Good Fun!