Ukraine Discussion

CoM_Solaufein

Hm...

http://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/

Stuff I never knew about Adolf Hitler and what he did for Germany. I got to Part 7. Did some external fact checking and it didn't entirely add up (The documentary says that Poland, during the "Bloody Sunday", started a massacre of Germans, but Wikipedia says that Germans started attacking Polish military from within Poland, and they reacted with a massacre).

Regardless, pretty good stuff thus far.

The EU is planning to set up its own TV station to rival RT. Can't find a story on it atm. The level of deliberate misinformation and Russian trolling is getting to the point where it's hard for people to make out what is really going on. Of course there is every chance that it will succumb to the pitfall of becomming anti-Russian rather than anti-misinformation. 

predict epic fail. 

http://vimeo.com/116139688

The EU is planning to set up its own TV station to rival RT. Can't find a story on it atm. The level of deliberate misinformation and Russian trolling is getting to the point where it's hard for people to make out what is really going on. Of course there is every chance that it will succumb to the pitfall of becomming anti-Russian rather than anti-misinformation. 

To be honest don't you think its a good idea if an organisation like the EU does decide to create a counter to RT?

RT is funded by the Russian government and is basically a propaganda tool, anything to diminish RT influence should be seen in a positive light.

What am I missing?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Steam ban Crimea because of sanctions.  Evil Russians occupy Crimea (by official US version) and because of this US impose sanctions against occupied Crimeans. :facepalm:

51c389de8a0ab1f8b346-805x462.png

Yes Oby, we live in a world of consequences for illegal annexations of regions. Its always consequences we should consider when we salute and support these types of unacceptable legal decisions by countries like Russia 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Steam ban Crimea because of sanctions.  Evil Russians occupy Crimea (by official US version) and because of this US impose sanctions against occupied Crimeans. :facepalm:

51c389de8a0ab1f8b346-805x462.png

Yes Oby, we live in a world of consequences for illegal annexations of regions. Its always consequences we should consider when we salute and support these types of unacceptable legal decisions by countries like Russia 

lol, explain please why your consequences punish occupied Ukrainians instead of Russians. Maybe you forgot, but by US version Crimeans are Ukrainians who taken into Russia by military force (referendum illegal and fake blah.. blah).

Heh, since this conflict from the start was all about misinformation, deception and the kind, would one really think that the EU would not do any less than run their own propaganda on that station rather than 'facts'?

Russia is not the only trolling (EU-leaders during Kiev protests giving them a pat on the back anyone).

It would really still be misinformation, lies and deceit vs. misinformation, lies and deceit it has been from the start from both sides.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Heh, since this conflict from the start was all about misinformation, deception and the kind, would one really think that the EU would not do any less than run their own propaganda on that station rather than 'facts'?

Russia is not the only trolling (EU-leaders during Kiev protests giving them a pat on the back anyone).

It would really still be misinformation, lies and deceit vs. misinformation, lies and deceit it has been from the start from both sides.

Well most of you guys who have some strange sympathies with Russia over Ukraine don't really believe the like of CNN, Sky and BBC anyway right?

So lets have the  EU sponsored news channel and fight fire with fire as far as RT is concerned :)

Besides we have no idea if this new channel will be about " EU propaganda "  ( I'm not really sure what that even means...maybe documentaries showing happy immigrants and local EU people having picnics together and frolllicking in fields letting us know  how happy everyone is living in EU :lol:  )

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

So we will get propaganda and misinformation from the Blue Team now ? :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well its good to have opposing networks since competition drives the free market; plus let's face it, journalism has no interest in being unbiased. Best we can do is see opposing arguments and come up with our own synthesis, or if you're American: make fun of Fox news.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

a rival to rt?  here in the US, we have more than enough comedy channels already.  am s'posing that if you want better production values to accompany your conspiracy theory story, then a rt rival has merit.  dunno, the best part o' conspiracy theories is seeing and/or imagining the wild-eyed basement hermit in his sweat-stained wifebeater and greying tighty whiteys froth at the mouth as he explains how putin's plane were s'posed to be exact where the malaysia airliner were when it were blown to smithereens by a us built flying saucer.  have some bbc third-stringer in business attire do such stuff with a cambridge accent and a mild hint o' contempt might be amusing for a day or two, but we don't see the lasting appeal.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

a rival to rt?  here in the US, we have more than enough comedy channels already.  am s'posing that if you want better production values to accompany your conspiracy theory story, then a rt rival has merit.  dunno, the best part o' conspiracy theories is seeing and/or imagining the wild-eyed basement hermit in his sweat-stained wifebeater and greying tighty whiteys froth at the mouth as he explains how putin's plane were s'posed to be exact where the malaysia airliner were when it were blown to smithereens by a us built flying saucer.  have some bbc third-stringer in business attire do such stuff with a cambridge accent and a mild hint o' contempt might be amusing for a day or two, but we don't see the lasting appeal.

HA! Good Fun!

" some bbc third-stringer in business attire do such stuff with a cambridge accent and a mild hint o' contempt " 

This is one of the funniest things I read in ages :lol:  

John Milton 

Well, it would be nice to have it formalised so that all the 'western media is unbiased and always right' types can give their cognitive dissonance muscles a bit more of a work out.

Funny thing was I actually saw stopfake cited as being an example to go by, apparently unironically.

Meanwhile in Ukraine. Bus has been shelled by anti-personnel  mine on checkpoint controlled by Ukrainian army . Ukrainian president say this is terror attack performed by rebels (by his version they shot bus by MLRS :facepalm: ). He compare this accident with nearest terror attacks in France and use this tragedy as reason for begin of mobilization and full-scale war against rebelled people.

http://newstwenty4seven.com/en/news/poroshenko-nachnet-mobilizatsiju-v-otvet-na-obstrel-avtobusa

http://www.newsweek.com/fighting-escalates-ukraine-attacks-bus-donetsk-airport-299218

http://www.bdlive.co.za/world/europe/2015/01/13/ukraine-blames-rebels-for-rocket-attack-on-civilian-bus

http://mfa.gov.ua/en/news-feeds/foreign-offices-news/31462-zvernennya-prezidenta-ukrajini-z-privodu-napadu-prorosijsykih-bojovikiv-na-pasazhirsykij-avtobus-pid-volnovahoju

The day before yesterday in Paris, I paid tribute to the victims of the terrorist attack in the capital of France with the leaders of the world and millions of Frenchmen.

Mass shooting of people in Paris and Volnovakha are similar events. The civilized world must unite in the fight against terrorism.

Meanwhile IRL - screenshots from video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFVLAO1ntOo

submunitions of MON-50 mine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MON-50

4iKJVXgqVYc.jpg

479756_600.png

Ukrainian soldier with bag for such mines

1421185069-c5994108445192fdc9da298f48888

Signs "Danger Mines!" near of bus and road.

EZfq1_0TUEM.jpg

479409_600.png

70674ee9a6b3.jpg

ed5f7619bdc5712b226615156831113c.jpg

and comparison of bus destroyed by MLRS  and bus shelled in Volnovakha.

412328_original.jpg

Ukrainian checkpoint in Volnovakha - no signs of MLRS hits

480351_600.png

Shelled bus

KrPQ4wake_A.jpg

P8-keHR_p9U.jpg

Tests of similar class anti-personnel mine. 

but US ministry of Truth continue deliver lulz for us.

http://www.rferl.org/content/ukraine-violence-donetsk-united-states-brussels-/26792625.html

In Washington, State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said the bus shelling plus intensified fighting around the international airport in the city of Donetsk were "just the latest egregious violations of the commitments made by the Russian-backed separatists."

Another spark of genius from ukrainian media

Q: How to inspire people to join the army and stop avoiding the mobilization?

A: Show them rows of their predecessors' graves and another rows of open graves ready for upcoming cannon fodder.

That's even dumber than legless, armless and otherwise crippled, yet still living pieces of burned crispy meat still throwing nazi salute at their hospital beds.

MzpydUh.gif

The inside story of the Liaoning: how Xu Zengping sealed deal for China's first aircraft carrier

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1681755/how-xu-zengping-became-middleman-chinas-deal-buy-liaoning

"I felt that I was soaking in liquor back then when I was negotiating with the management of the carrier builder," Xu said. "At every meal I needed to drink two to three litres of erguotou. In the critical four days, I brought them more than 50 bottles. But I still felt I had the energy to do it and was always able to keep a sober mind because my drinking was goal-directed; the Ukrainians were drinking to get drunk."

178082_600.jpg

Usual thing. Brave against civilians, when faced by those, who can fight back - flee or surrender. Ukrainian captives from recent fighting.

Can anybody translate what they're saying? 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet.