Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Gorth

"I guess another simple lesson would be don't stick your junk in crazy."

You chuckle but that kind of glib argument can be made to and admonish women (or men) who have relationships with abusers. Your logic is foolish.

"Is that how the bill is phrased exactly?"

Probably not. But, how is one supposed to determine how drunk is too drunk to give consent and what happens if both parties are past that limit? What happens if one .1 over and the other is .1 under?  The cocnept is silly.

Having drunk sex and then regretting it the next day does NOT make it rape. A law like this  can make a miss of this. The law as is already is abuseable in this manner and then it coems down to he said/she said'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's not as complicated as you two make it out.  Don't take advantage of drunk people.  Your girlfriend is probably not going to wake up feeling like she was taken advantage of.

The details are always complicated.

Imagine your girlfriend video taped you and her having sex while she was somewhat intoxicated. The next day she would basically own you. She could go to the police and have you arrested for rape. So yes, how drunk is important. If a law can be exploited; it usually is.

I guess another simple lesson would be don't stick your junk in crazy.   :biggrin:

Lol. You may not know how crazy she is until it's too late. 

I don't have much faith in the competence of the state, but I suspect the intoxication level will be reasonable; if not the bill will be repealed after the first person is convicted of rape over a swig of beer.

I believe it was already researched a couple of posts above, and it needs to be in "incapacitation" level of drunk, but then, they should perhaps inform the public that it's about being incapacitated through any means, inlcuding drugs, alcochol etc. and not just drunk, druged, cause these can vary in reception perspective. Still there is the part with active affirmation and explicit positive consent with each step, and that is comedy gold.

Edited by Darkpriest

Being a bit more serious though, this is actually a very important shift in how we approach rape cases.  Instead of placing the responsibility on the victim to prove that she (or he) resisted and was forced to have sex, it is now much more dependent on the accused proving that it was consensual.

As a man, I have very little fear here, but that's because I never went around sleeping with people I didn't have a certain amount of trust built up with.  And as a father, it is good to know that my daughter has the full support of the law in such a terrible situation.  My number one goal is to raise her to be careful and always protect herself, but I can't keep her locked in her room forever. 

IGDA now promoting the #GamerGate auto blocker - Includes developers, journalists, etc. 

https://archive.today/yEhbK Under mental wellness and self-care. 

This "twitter tool" is a blocklist where you end up if you follow more than one prominent gamergate member like Adam Baldwin, Milo Yiannopoulos, David Pakman, Christina Sommers, etc.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

As a man, I have very little fear here, but that's because I never went around sleeping with people I didn't have a certain amount of trust built up with.  And as a father, it is good to know that my daughter has the full support of the law in such a terrible situation.

Unless she's the one being accused of rape.

Edited by Namutree

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Being a bit more serious though, this is actually a very important shift in how we approach rape cases.  Instead of placing the responsibility on the victim to prove that she (or he) resisted and was forced to have sex, it is now much more dependent on the accused proving that it was consensual.

As a man, I have very little fear here, but that's because I never went around sleeping with people I didn't have a certain amount of trust built up with.  And as a father, it is good to know that my daughter has the full support of the law in such a terrible situation.  My number one goal is to raise her to be careful and always protect herself, but I can't keep her locked in her room forever. 

unfortunately it's a bad way of moving in that direction. It's now easier to false accuse someone and it moves the legal dogma into "accused is guilty until proven otherwise", which is kinda of unique in the whole legal system that is otherwise based on "not guilty until proven guilty".

You can still do what you want to do, through education and making her aware of dangers. Prevention is better than treatment, and this bill does not promote prevention, but introduces a treatment that can be abused.

drink responsibly, don't overuse drugs, make sure that you always have cash for taxi home stashed or some good friend/family to pick you up, stay with your friends when in a new place and some more general safety rules.

IMO saying "No" is enough when you don't feel like it, and if someone does not get that rule, it won't change with the "need to hear yes" rule, but this opens big and ugly door for abuses.

Not to mention that it moves the flirting into a bit akward situations. I can quote myself with the previous example:

Remember that you have to make sure that the girl will now avidly and visibly nod in public and/or say yes "you can kiss me and put a hand on my butt" in a bar for college students or campus dorm/house party. Best if you can record it too!

Edited by Darkpriest

"As a man, I have very little fear here, but that's because I never went around sleeping with people I didn't have a certain amount of trust built up with.  And as a father, it is good to know that my daughter has the full support of the law in such a terrible situation.  My number one goal is to raise her to be careful and always protect herself, but I can't keep her locked in her room forever."

As a man, you must really hate yourself sicne it's very clear you believe men are monsters who rape little girls and you find women weak, pathetic, and need to be babied. that's really sad.

Why do you disrespect women so much?  You have no respect for your daughter at all. I wonder if you have a son and you just seem them as little rapists.

\What the heck is wrong with people who find it acceptable to believe are weak pathetic  little kids and men as just  rabid uncontrollable rape monsters. Talk about twisted.

First I've heard of IGDA and they already reek of pieces of crap. They are literally attacking people/groups they approved of simply ebcause they followed someone on twitter. That's inane. Thwey probably don't even realize they are blocking an employee of theirs. Pathetic.

Also, they seem to be broke their own rules of 'online harassment/bullying'. LMAO

If two people casually hook up what protections are in place to protect against false allegations if no proof beyond an anecdotal confirmation of consent exists? Perhaps college students in California keep much more detailed notes on such matters than my peers, but in my personal experience consent is given orally the vast majority of the time, and that isn't something that is easy to prove.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

First I've heard of IGDA and they already reek of pieces of crap. They are literally attacking people/groups they approved of simply ebcause they followed someone on twitter. That's inane. Thwey probably don't even realize they are blocking an employee of theirs. Pathetic.

Also, they seem to be broke their own rules of 'online harassment/bullying'. LMAO

Yeah, that blocklist has almost 10000 names on it. It is insane.

ampHLZk.jpg

Former head of IGDA. They really went for it. 

Edited by kirottu

Who ever created that blocklist is an idiot and IGDA is an idiot for simple going "listen and believe" and using it. KFC is on the list. 

https://blocktogether.org/show-blocks/5867111278318bd542293272f75147f8fc5931bea431e7ca16e9242964965d66494a6fb68f3518b82f171bcf0e419ccc?page=3

They are accusing 10000 people of harassment. The sheer stupidity is mind boggling. 

Edited by kirottu

Who ever created that blocklist is an idiot and IGDA is an idiot for simple going "listen and believe" and using it. KFC is on the list. 

https://blocktogether.org/show-blocks/5867111278318bd542293272f75147f8fc5931bea431e7ca16e9242964965d66494a6fb68f3518b82f171bcf0e419ccc?page=3

They are accusing 10000 people of harassment. The sheer stupidity is mind boggling.

KFC? #notyouroriginalrecipe

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

IGDA now promoting the #GamerGate auto blocker - Includes developers, journalists, etc. 

This "twitter tool" is a blocklist where you end up if you follow more than one prominent gamergate member like Adam Baldwin, Milo Yiannopoulos, David Pakman, Christina Sommers, etc.

HAHAHA...One of hte IGDA chairmen ended on the blocklist. Hilarity ensues!

1416640002820-1.png

They have just flagged thousands of innocent people as "the worst harrasers on the net".

My sides are going into meltdown

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

FleetCOMM, a game so hardcore, it's blacklisted AND curated by the IGDA

https://twitter.com/RogueStarGamez/status/536013978888323072

The guy should get a lawyer. Blacklisting is an illegal offence in most countries, and certainly is in USA. 

RogueStar is veeery contrarian and aggressive, one slightest "ironic silly insult" on twitter and he goes mushroomcloud mother****er on them. I still remember the rage the guy spouted on one of Sargon's streams, when he talked about burning, not only Gawker but all of yellow media, to the ground, it was like he was channeling Vhailor from PS:T.

But i cannot help to find it interesting they shut out one of the most verbal pro-GGs because he is completely independent. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

HAHAHA...One of hte IGDA chairmen ended on the blocklist. Hilarity ensues!

1416640002820-1.png

They have just flagged thousands of innocent people as "the worst harrasers on the net".

My sides are going into meltdown

amcvholkwbcguuxpflo9.gif

Hohohoo, this gets even better, Chris Kluwe (the NFL guy that called GG pissbabies and such) tweeted this about the IGDA chairman:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/upload.screenshot.co/a650948cee

Who favoured it? Well, no other than Kate Edwards, the executive director of IGDA

https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416642904928.png

After all, this kind of blocking is completely warranted. I mean look what the guy has done

https://media.8chan.co/gg/src/1416646368785.png

https://i.4cdn.org/pol/1416642792303.png

Monday will be quite interesting.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The creater of the block list thinks that she is doing the right thing:

KuAbg0L.png

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

They have also blocked https://twitter.com/JIDF

Why are the anti-GG such nazis?

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

This has to be the most ridiculous thing anti-GG has done so far.

I'm sure they will top it by next week. They always do.