What you did today

Rosbjerg

Back to work, but working from home. I keep falling asleep at my desk!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good work on not explaining it for the rest of us ignorant and lazy people. tongue.png

Yeah, was a bit tired and forgot to include the link. But it's when you pinch someone in the bottom. grin.gif

That's weird. Those books are where I first heard the term as well!

Haha, nice! I would've thought it was a common saying. Might be more of an american thing maybe? original.gif

As an American who has also only heard it (from what I can remember) from the WoT books...I don't think so. It sounds like it could be British...or maybe deep South American? Not sure!

I heard of a lot while growing up in the 60's. By the late 80's it was disappearing. I hear it from the oldtimers like me.

Being the lazy and pampered brat that I am, I'm probably going to spend more of my day playing games. I might run some errands/do some chores. But that doesn't sound very fun.

I may go for a walk with the camera in a bit during/when I need breaks. It's been rainy and I do love taking waterdrop macros. Even if most of the time they're not very good ones. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Doing end of year reviews, joy. Got myself a new SSD though, 480Gb Intel 730.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just spent the last six consecutive hours reading through a 627 page MOP (engineering term... Method of Procedure) looking for redundancies, inefficient process, and cost savings.

I think I'm blind.

The only thing I can do now is play Morrowind and wait for Monday Night Football to start. Go Dolphins.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I achieved a feat of monumental proportions today.  As of right now, my Christmas shopping is essentially done.  I may still pick up a few doodads, maybe a joke gift or two, but those are all stress-free icing on the cake type things.  The important part is that the I got everyone covered with their "serious" gifts.  I can now enjoy a completely stress-free December...  well, free of the stresses of Christmas shopping, anyway.  This high five is for you, Cyber Monday:

tumblr_m8qtfucGiD1r31dt0o4_400.gif

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My right ear has been driving my crazy lately and today its really bad. It does not hurt but the skin around the ear channel entrance itches in a way that it feels like like something big is trying to crawl inside it, in a very unsubtle way. 

My ear is unblocked and free from foreign matter and I'm sure there is no infection. Its highly annoying. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Last night I went to see Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds in Manchester.  It's the farewell tour so I thought I'd push myself out of my comfort zone, good job I did because it was a great show.  Missing the train home, freaking out and having to pay a fortune for a taxi was less than great but it's all part of the experience  :disguise:

My right ear has been driving my crazy lately and today its really bad. It does not hurt but the skin around the ear channel entrance itches in a way that it feels like like something big is trying to crawl inside it, in a very unsubtle way. 

My ear is unblocked and free from foreign matter and I'm sure there is no infection. Its highly annoying. 

Dry skin. Apply vaseline.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Trying to take mandatory training on accessibility while the fire alarm blares. Crappy start to the day

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watching a documentary to wind down ... Noticed that Bill Nye is kinda my stereotypical idea of what an historical American looks like. Oblong face, with sharp features and a stroke of grey... 'Lincony' ..

Fortune favors the bald.

As an American who has also only heard it (from what I can remember) from the WoT books...I don't think so. It sounds like it could be British...or maybe deep South American? Not sure!

I actually just heard it from Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear, funny how you seem to notice things like this everywhere when you start to think about it. :)

Watching a documentary to wind down ... Noticed that Bill Nye is kinda my stereotypical idea of what an historical American looks like. Oblong face, with sharp features and a stroke of grey... 'Lincony' ..

Bill Nye, eh? Wich documentary?

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Ah, I don't have netflix sadly :<

I have'nt had much exposure to Bill Nye, but I've watched Carl Sagans Cosmos billions and billions of times :grin:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My last final for this semester is a week from tomorrow. I think I may buckle down over the weekend and study till my eyes bleed. Then get really drunk.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Dry skin. Apply vaseline.

Well, that was easily fixed, thanks.  :blink:  And I already thought I had mites in my ears, like a filthy stray. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Yeah, best wishes Labadal, hope it's nothing

• Like 1

Going to the doctor tomorrow because I have had some health issues.. I'm expecting to hear some bad things, but I am one of the biggest pessimists in the world.

That's what happens when you back Liverpool. Hope it's nothing serious.

• Like 1

Going to the doctor tomorrow because I have had some health issues.. I'm expecting to hear some bad things, but I am one of the biggest pessimists in the world.

That's what happens when you back Liverpool. Hope it's nothing serious.

Liverpool will be the death of me.

Best case scenario, this is an infection and I'll get some medicine.

What I really think: Someone is trying to poison the patriarch of all patriarchs.

What I really think: Someone is trying to poison the patriarch of all patriarchs.

Wait, you don't have a food taster? How naive!

They're already dead but I didn't make the connection.

Liverpool winning two games in a row. Miracles do happen. We were still poor and they still gave me several heartaches.