What you did today

Rosbjerg

It's basically become a place where the active threads are about bashing Americans, the police, women,

Who's bashing women?

Now if you'll excuse me I have to post pictures of scantily clad young ladies in KaineParker's thread.

:lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Up betimes and coughed non-stop for over 3 minutes - I dropped the watch after 3.

Expectorated three tablespoons full of yellow mucus.

I figured if I'm going to be sick and bored I should get competitive.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Trolls 1, comment sections 0? ;)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/21/tech/web/online-comment-sections/index.html

...I was always more of a forums person than a comment-section person anyway.

...one in the morning, not sleepy.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Trolls 1, comment sections 0? ;)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/21/tech/web/online-comment-sections/index.html

...I was always more of a forums person than a comment-section person anyway.

...one in the morning, not sleepy.

The BBC has done what I feel is the best solution: people can comment, but:

- Comments are hidden by default. You have to click on that section to expose it

- The first page of comments is normally ones that have been selected as interesting

Thus trolls can happily waste their time posting bull**** no-one will ever read, except other trolls. Which presumably keeps them away from other activities they might ruin, such as pumpkin sniffing, biro theft, or enviously glaring at happy people.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You know, I've been on this forum for 10 years, and I've never really taken an extended leave. But I'm starting to think that either it has become a different place, or I've just become crankier about the discussions.  It may be time to move on.  

Yeah. Let's start our own forum. With blackjack, and hookers.

Count me in

It's basically become a place where the active threads are about bashing Americans, the police, women, or video games.  We had all that in the past, but it was a lot more balanced with reason and civility.  I'm tapering off for now, I think I'll wait and see if the storm passes after PoE releases.

Sometimes I think we humans treated each other better before the internet allowed us to be asholes with anonymity. For a while people were still being fairly polite in public but, from just my own observations, public behavior is mirroring online behavior more and more.

But what do I know. I live in the woods and take pains to limit my human interaction to just my wife and the guys at the VFW once a week.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You know, I've been on this forum for 10 years, and I've never really taken an extended leave. But I'm starting to think that either it has become a different place, or I've just become crankier about the discussions.  It may be time to move on.  

That's an interesting observation, its always good to take a break to get a different perspective. But IMO what is interesting is the change that GG has brought to several discussions.

People on these forums that typically wouldn't be as vociferous in there view on numerous topics  are now very active in that thread and that now permeates to other discussions. So for example  you are almost constantly reminded how " corrupt and flawed the gaming industry is " and " how there is this real conspiracy on the gaming industry ", of course neither of these points are true but people really have convinced themselves its real.

For me its much of the same, the same people that are generally dismissive of SJ issues are still dismissive. They just have a more accepted  platform to be more vocal about it, but you can still get interesting perspectives about other topics if you ask questions. So the debate for me is still stimulating

But my advice is try not to spend too much time on the GG  thread, that way you won't become as concerned about the state of debate on the forums :)

No offense, but I think you are falsely conflating dismissing SJ issues with dismissing you. There's some dismissing of SJ issues going on but still now that's a minority, but there is a very clear trend that once you post about it people are much more prone to rant against it. As for GG, it's brought a sphere of distrust over most of the gaming communities I read or participate in and pretty much the entire industry. Hell, I've answered e-mails about it as a community manager for a tiny indie mobile game dev.

Sometimes I think we humans treated each other better before the internet allowed us to be asholes with anonymity. For a while people were still being fairly polite in public but, from just my own observations, public behavior is mirroring online behavior more and more.

But what do I know. I live in the woods and take pains to limit my human interaction to just my wife and the guys at the VFW once a week.

I've found that people here are becoming more and more involved in their community and being nicer - mostly because of twitter/snapchat bragging right, but I don't really care. Nice people are still nice people, even if they are doing it for the credit.

Fortune favors the bald.

I've found that people here are becoming more and more involved in their community and being nicer - mostly because of twitter/snapchat bragging right, but I don't really care. Nice people are still nice people, even if they are doing it for the credit.

True. I've always thought outcomes are far more important than motivations.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well, enjoy your break if you do decide to wander to other areas of the internet or that dangerous area known as real life Hurl. Hopefully we'll see you around at some point in the future...

On a totally seperate thing, I have to say it is both somewhat odd and yet pushes the warm fuzzies when three kids pretty much adopt you and tell their mother that she has to keep you.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yes! My stove is finally hooked up to a gasline and I can finally stop living off microwave dinners and take-out.

Check the bourgeoisie, here.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes! My stove is finally hooked up to a gasline and I can finally stop living off microwave dinners and take-out.

Check the bourgeoisie, here.

'Stove' is what he calls his military surplus flamethrower.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

I'm planning on building a high performance PC so I just ordered all the parts. Unfortunately I had to do some cost cutting and went with a 126GB Samsung SSD.

And now I'm going to do 5 sets of 6 reps of 110kg power cleans. I need to improve my Olympic lifts a little bit. 

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I'm planning on building a high performance PC so I just ordered all the parts. Unfortunately I had to do some cost cutting and went with a 126GB Samsung SSD.

And now I'm going to do 5 sets of 6 reps of 110kg power cleans. I need to improve my Olympic lifts a little bit.

I've got a 126 gb Samsung and it works really well. Considering buying a new case though, the current one is causing a strange noise that is annoying.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

@TN and Gfted1: the gamergate block list included KFC the fast food chain. In addition, the heart thing was created by someone to promote inclusivity in gaming but the creator got butthurt over gamergate using it. So some geniuses at 8chan starting using the heart with purple and green and putting random **** inside it. I saw one with the colonel and thought it was funny.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I've got a 126 gb Samsung and it works really well. Considering buying a new case though, the current one is causing a strange noise that is annoying.

No doubt its a good SSD, Samsung is a pretty good brand, its more about the rather limited space. With the OS on it it will only take a couple of games and its going to be cramped full. Not to mention it needs some free space to work properly. SSD's are still so bloody expensive.    ;( 

Welcome back Woldan, we missed you in the pretty woman thread.

Also what are your specs? (for the PC I mean) tongue.png

Then you must be the only one, there has always been constant nagging whenever I posted a pic.  Or is the complete harmony in there getting boring?  :p

Anyway,

NZXT Phantom, white

Intel i7 5820k, 6x 3,3GHZ

MB MSI X99 Gaming 9AC (EATX)

2x 8GB DDR4 2400 

GeForce MSI Gaming GTX 970

SSD 120 GB Samsung

HDD 500GB Caviar Green

750W Be Quiet

Windows 8.1 64 (I have NO idea if W8 is any good, I just went with the flow)

Blu Ray drive, card reader, tons of fans etc

I think the PSU is a little overkill and a 650W would have been sufficient but I like having not to worry about power. The possibility of PSU's being a performance bottleneck makes me paranoid. 

And yes, I know, DDR4 is absolutely not necessary and I should have taken 32GB's of DDR3 instead. 

• Like 1

Awesome avatar Woldan, Hammerstein's cameo was the high point of that film for me.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Awesome avatar Woldan, Hammerstein's cameo was the high point of that film for me.

Thank you. I love it because its one of the very very few genuinely scary robots in a film. 

• Like 1

Can't breathe properly, so netsurfing to take my mind off it.

Looked for my 'perfect' winter coat. Finally found it: thick wool, satin lined, double breasted, charcoal grey. Checked price tag and alarmed to note is £2000!

What the **** is the point of a coat that is only at its best in all weathers if you have £2000 to throw around? You're not going to be standing around in all weather, now are you?

~~

In other news, all this coughing is doing my abs surprising good. Always a bright side, eh?

-Elwood Blues

In other news, all this coughing is doing my abs surprising good. Always a bright side, eh?

Maybe, but my aunt broke a rip from coughing too much, and thats not a joke. As you can probably imagine that didn't help with the breathing problems.