Journalism and sexism in the games industry

Tale

It has to be fake. That's like a whole another dimension of Mcintosh scale. A dimension I don't want believe exists.

McIntosh cubed?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

It's interesting that this was actually posted in another subreddit entirely, and that the people there already have a suspected name.

I might post there myself and just see what comes of it.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Well looking at the profile at least it's a poster with thousands of comments and has been on reddit for 10 months. I suppose there is some credibility in that.

Did this redditer also post to kotakuinaction or how did you find that post...?

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

You unlock this door with the key of a weak imagination, beyond it is another dimension.

A dimension of much sound, a dimension of short sightedness, a dimension of a weak mind.

You're moving into a land both shallow and substanceless, of things that have no idea.

You've just crossed over into the McIntosh Zone.

• Like 5

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Well looking at the profile at least it's a poster with thousands of comments and has been on reddit for 10 months. I suppose there is some credibility in that.

Did this redditer also post to kotakuinaction or how did you find that post...?

Someone linked it on #Gamergate.

I hope you guys confirm it's fake otherwise I'm going to have to go in roach infiltrator mode and destroy the human race again.

Cable_Vol_2_9_page_12_Cockroach_Soldiers

You unlock this door with the key of a weak imagination, beyond it is another dimension.

A dimension of much sound, a dimension of short sightedness, a dimension of a weak mind.

You're moving into a land both shallow and substanceless, of things that have no idea.

You've just crossed over into the McIntosh Zone.

Nonek wins the thread.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

Pretty damn good. The guy should look more into post-modernism, that's pretty much the philosophy of these guys. It is simply:

- Rejection of reason

- Rejection of empirical knowledge

- Rejection of theory

- Sceptisism to concepts

- Everything is a construct of something else

- Personal truths through personal emotional experience, not objective truths through logical statements

- Critical theory, "the end of all theories"

Now, doesn't all of that sound familiar to this whole debacle?

And I quote:

Postmodern critical theory

While modernist critical theory (as described above) concerns itself with “forms of authority and injustice that accompanied the evolution of industrial and corporate capitalism as a political-economic system,” postmodern critical theory politicizes social problems “by situating them in historical and cultural contexts, to implicate themselves in the process of collecting and analyzing data, and to relativize their findings”.[13] Meaning itself is seen as unstable due to the rapid transformation in social structures. As a result, the focus of research is centered on local manifestations, rather than broad generalizations.

That doesn't sound REMOTELY like these guys... :C

In other news, GGers tracked down and confronted a harasser of Anita. They approached Anita about it and she deleted the message without responding. Yay.

Gamergate harrassment patrol has transcripts of a chat with a major Anita harasser, one of the threat makers. Contacted FBI, said Anita had to report it for them to take action, they contacted Anita, she muted/ignored them.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Gamergate harrassment patrol has transcripts of a chat with a major Anita harasser, one of the threat makers. Contacted FBI, said Anita had to report it for them to take action, they contacted Anita, she muted/ignored them.

stap kopying mi pheg i report j00 my bro is mod ur in trubble.

• Like 2

In other news, GGers tracked down and confronted a harasser of Anita. They approached Anita about it and she deleted the message without responding. Yay.

Next time someone complains about harassment, remember this well.

Next time someone complains about harassment, remember this well.

What's funny is that by the looks of things, this one guy was responsible for a decent chunk of the harassment.

If they wished to talk him down, they should've dropped the pleasantries. Reading the transcript and watching the vid, I can't help but feel like they were afraid of insulting Anita while protecting her. They could've EASILY told that guy he's only helping her make money by giving her legitimate harassment cases and giving her a shield to prop up, but instead they were rather weaksauce about it and just kept asking for options.

Edited by Longknife

Looking at the transcript, did he admit to the university bomb threat?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That is unfortunately a damned good question, as that could be interpreted multiple ways.

This gets better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Lf_rWgZfg

Check the comments, you'll see someone link to the celebrinando guy. Spoiler alert: celebrinando linked to himself. He's using this opportunity to promote himself. Appropriately, a comment reads "yes everyone, he is that f***ing stupid."

Oh here we ****ing go:

The transcript no, his youtube comment on his video, yes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwHlu5Y37QE

And I quote:

In Brazil the authorities always seek cases that present real risk, not a supposed threat from the other side of the world, it is quite funny. From what I saw, in the United States is not so different, since the University of Utah also shrugged off the threats, that the activist claimed to have received. 

If you read my articles you will see it contains no threat or incitement to violence against the person of Anita, but only I expose my opinion about Tropes vs Women.

That's the top comment on the video, written by him.

He's implying the Utah threat was by someone out of country, something he could not know unless it was him.

Edited by Longknife

Let's not jump straight to conclusions, for all we know someone else could be responsible. I see no need for us to be making accusations without proof. We don't want to bring ourselves down to the level of our opponents.

Let's not jump straight to conclusions, for all we know someone else could be responsible. I see no need for us to be making accusations without proof. We don't want to bring ourselves down to the level of our opponents.

In what regard?

The poster has transcripts and screenshots of everything, including the deleted tweets.

The accused party is so stupid he saw the video and thought "hey great opportunity to promote my show." Honestly the guy seems mental, like he's a sociopath or something.

The quote I gave implicates him. I'm also trying to ask the poster of the video to clarify if he/she knows that the guy is behind the Utah threat since the video makes it unclear.

Not disagreeing with you, just not quite sure what you're referring to.

Also can we be crass little bastards and talk about how hilarious these threats with DAT GRAMMERZ is?

oa3y2Uf.png