The Beginning of the End of ISIS?

BruceVC

It wouldn't necessarily be easier to get in by air, since US intelligence, or whatever's left of it, is supposed to be watching those kinds of threats. Same with Canada, we have more confidence in their security abilities than in those of Latin American countries.

There's no way to know who does and doesn't support ISIS. If a guy in Saudi Arabia supports ISIS and decides to fly over to the US; there's nothing we can do. We're not mind readers.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Nc77Z0Sqs

God, these ISIS hicks are incompetent. No wonder the Turks just sit back and watch the show with bags of popcorn.

That's a funny comment I guess, but Turkey has very different reasons for "sitting back".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/turkish-warplanes-hit-kurdish-rebels-as-tensions-stoked-by-islamic-state-fight/2014/10/14/cca48b44-538a-11e4-ba4b-f6333e2c0453_story.html

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

It wouldn't necessarily be easier to get in by air, since US intelligence, or whatever's left of it, is supposed to be watching those kinds of threats. Same with Canada, we have more confidence in their security abilities than in those of Latin American countries.

There's no way to know who does and doesn't support ISIS. If a guy in Saudi Arabia supports ISIS and decides to fly over to the US; there's nothing we can do. We're not mind readers.

Supporting ISIS is one thing. I'm sure a lot of visitors from Muslim lands are supporters. But if you want to get trained terrorists with weapons and explosives into the US, being smuggled across the border is the way to go. Think of the Mumbai attack, there's a reason they didn't just fly into India on commercial air. Btw, Judicial Watch, which was the source in my link, just uncovered another government cover up : http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/16/Eric-Holder-s-Top-Deputy-Resigns-Amid-Revelation-Administration-Covered-Up-Use-Of-Fast-and-Furious-Guns-In-Phoenix-Crime

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Twisted Ivy: Harvard students say US bigger threat to world peace than ISIS:

They got most of their SAT questions right, but students at Harvard blew this lay-up posed by the college blog Campus Reform: Who is the bigger threat to world peace, ISIS or the U.S.?

Various students at the hallowed Ivy League school said they believe that America, not the Muslim fanatics who behead innocent people, is the biggest threat to world peace.

The students were interviewed on the quad by Campus Reform on Saturday, and the shocking video was posted on Tuesday.

“As a Western civilization, we’re to blame for a lot of the problems that we’re facing now,” one student said during an interview. “I don't think anyone would argue that we didn't create the problem of ISIS, ourselves.”

Most of the other students interviewed shared the same sentiment — that ISIS would not exist had it not been for the past actions of the U.S.

“American imperialism and our protection of oil interests in the Middle East are destabilizing the region and allowing groups like ISIS to gain power,” said another student.

Caleb Bonham, editor of Campus Reform, conducted the interviews and said that the students’ response is nothing new.

“This video demonstrates the absurdity behind the bash America fad," Bonham told FoxNews.com. “Unfortunately, too many students think it is intellectual to try and piece together a reason why America is a greater threat than this terrorist organization trying to establish a caliphate through public executions, bombings and beheadings.”

The Islamic State is a splinter group of Al Qaeda that has occupied a large swath of Syria and the northern region of Iraq and has tried to establish a caliphate and rule all Muslims under Shariah Law.

source

Lol.

They got most of their SAT questions right, but students at Harvard blew this lay-up posed by the college blog Campus Reform: Who is the bigger threat to world peace, ISIS or the U.S.?

Various students at the hallowed Ivy League school said they believe that America, not the Muslim fanatics who behead innocent people, is the biggest threat to world peace.

The students were interviewed on the quad by Campus Reform on Saturday, and the shocking video was posted on Tuesday.

“As a Western civilization, we’re to blame for a lot of the problems that we’re facing now,” one student said during an interview. “I don't think anyone would argue that we didn't create the problem of ISIS, ourselves.”

Most of the other students interviewed shared the same sentiment — that ISIS would not exist had it not been for the past actions of the U.S.

“American imperialism and our protection of oil interests in the Middle East are destabilizing the region and allowing groups like ISIS to gain power,” said another student.

Caleb Bonham, editor of Campus Reform, conducted the interviews and said that the students’ response is nothing new.

“This video demonstrates the absurdity behind the bash America fad," Bonham told FoxNews.com. “Unfortunately, too many students think it is intellectual to try and piece together a reason why America is a greater threat than this terrorist organization trying to establish a caliphate through public executions, bombings and beheadings.”

The Islamic State is a splinter group of Al Qaeda that has occupied a large swath of Syria and the northern region of Iraq and has tried to establish a caliphate and rule all Muslims under Shariah Law.

source

Lol.

Why is that even considered a story? Fox is stupid.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

source

Lol.

Why is that even considered a story? Fox is stupid.

It isn't. Its just FOX News trying to prove that higher education in the US hates America.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Nc77Z0Sqs

God, these ISIS hicks are incompetent. No wonder the Turks just sit back and watch the show with bags of popcorn.

Are those home-made schurtzen on the side there?

In any case, while that does look genuine, these days I trust very few youtube videos. Who the hell can say where that was shot, and what we saw?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Allies in Afghanistan have a funny story to tell:

Mr. Hafizullah, Zurmat’s first governor, had ended up in Guantanamo because he’d crossed Police Chief Mujahed. Mujahed wound up in Guantanamo because he crossed the Americans. Security chief Naim found himself in Guantanamo because of an old rivalry with Mullah Qassim. Qassim eluded capture, but an unfortunate soul with the same name ended up in Guantanamo in his place. And a subsequent feud left Samoud Khan, another pro-American commander, in Bagram prison, while the boy his men had sexually abused was shipped to Guantanamo….

Abdullah Khan found himself in Guantanamo charged with being Khairullah Khairkhwa, the former Taliban minister of the interior, which might have been more plausible—if Khairkhwa had not also been in Guantanamo at the time….

Nine Guantanamo inmates claimed the most striking proof of all that they were not Taliban or al-Qaeda: they had passed directly from a Taliban jail to American custody after 2001.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/nov/06/afghanistan-shocking-indictment/

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

Mr. Hafizullah, Zurmat’s first governor, had ended up in Guantanamo because he’d crossed Police Chief Mujahed. Mujahed wound up in Guantanamo because he crossed the Americans. Security chief Naim found himself in Guantanamo because of an old rivalry with Mullah Qassim. Qassim eluded capture, but an unfortunate soul with the same name ended up in Guantanamo in his place. And a subsequent feud left Samoud Khan, another pro-American commander, in Bagram prison, while the boy his men had sexually abused was shipped to Guantanamo….

Abdullah Khan found himself in Guantanamo charged with being Khairullah Khairkhwa, the former Taliban minister of the interior, which might have been more plausible—if Khairkhwa had not also been in Guantanamo at the time….

Nine Guantanamo inmates claimed the most striking proof of all that they were not Taliban or al-Qaeda: they had passed directly from a Taliban jail to American custody after 2001.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/nov/06/afghanistan-shocking-indictment/

Amusing.

Edited by Namutree

Totalitarian slap-stick humor. 

..you know, I still remember reading "In the Penal Colony" by Kafka. Came across it in the library a bunch of years ago, didn't know what to expect. Made me feel physically ill. 

Now, I read the news, and I get the same feeling.

Edited by nipsen

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

The Taliban aren't a monolith.If Party A is locked up by Party B who call themselves the Taliban, it doesn't mean Party A are automatically good guys.

What the hell do you think is going on here? Cowboys and indians?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Taliban aren't a monolith.If Party A is locked up by Party B who call themselves the Taliban, it doesn't mean Party A are automatically good guys.

Ok, a guy is in prison for being suspected of being another guy that's already in prison. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ok, a guy is in prison for being suspected of being another guy that's already in prison. 

I'm talking about the 'proof' they weren't taliban or alq.

-Elwood Blues

It's meant you are bad boy! Google remembered all yours previous queries and... o:)

I don't recall searching anything about any of that stuff. Maybe it's just a highly viewed story? I've looked up mental illness; maybe that's it?

I went to news as well. I don't get google.

EDIT: I figured it out (I think). I have my search settings on Past-hour. Maybe that narrowed my list too much...

Either way; funny story.

Edited by Namutree

As I have said before. Our policy in Syria is dumb; we never should have backed the rebels. Our backing rebels in Libya & Syria has really backfired. I hope Washington actually gets it this time.