Questions to the Devs

Here's a random question since I mention Feargus so much.

How does he pronounce his name? Is it phonetic? And if he reads the board, I hope he realizes all the coffee-fetcher jokes are in good humor.

Also, does he mind if I call him Feargie?

That's what I figured. Fear-gus just didn't sound right.

I still like Feargie, by the way. You should try calling him that and she how he responds. If anyone gets fired over it, just blame Volo. He'll understand.

You've got artists, programmers, designers, producers, etc. I'm still convinced that Feargus must be you a coffee-fetcher. What else is there to do?

I imagine that you probably have an office manager to handle paperwork, do payroll, handle applications, etc. What does a CEO do? I'm guessing that he acts as a liason to LucasArts and shops around the secret next project (Redneck Rampage 2 - A Hunka-Hunka Burning Fun).

But to a certain extent, doesn't the producer deal with LA? Maybe Feargus has gone the George Lucas route, and he sits around in a flannel and points at things every day going "that's good, but can we make a children's toy out of it?"

To which Chu responds "That's my hole punch, and I'm rather personally attached to it. It's a special kind of love you wouldn't understand."

And then FU asks "Have we done bug-testing on it yet? I want that hole-punch to go gold next week!"

Tension mounts until FrankK walks in and says "Don't make me roll initiative!"

In the background, MCA is mumbling to himself, "they're giving away all of my secrets! This is the last time I trust my plot documents with the marsupials!"

Presnell walks in, and everyone exclaims "It's not Friday! Can you put some pants on?"

You guys would make for a great reality show.

That's what I figured. Fear-gus just didn't sound right.

I still like Feargie, by the way. You should try calling him that and she how he responds. If anyone gets fired over it, just blame Volo. He'll understand.

You've got artists, programmers, designers, producers, etc. I'm still convinced that Feargus must be you a coffee-fetcher. What else is there to do?

I imagine that you probably have an office manager to handle paperwork, do payroll, handle applications, etc. What does a CEO do? I'm guessing that he acts as a liason to LucasArts and shops around the secret next project (Redneck Rampage 2 - A Hunka-Hunka Burning Fun).

But to a certain extent, doesn't the producer deal with LA? Maybe Feargus has gone the George Lucas route, and he sits around in a flannel and points at things every day going "that's good, but can we make a children's toy out of it?"

To which Chu responds "That's my hole punch, and I'm rather personally attached to it. It's a special kind of love you wouldn't understand."

And then FU asks "Have we done bug-testing on it yet? I want that hole-punch to go gold next week!"

Tension mounts until FrankK walks in and says "Don't make me roll initiative!"

In the background, MCA is mumbling to himself, "they're giving away all of my secrets! This is the last time I trust my plot documents with the marsupials!"

Presnell walks in, and everyone exclaims "It's not Friday! Can you put some pants on?"

You guys would make for a great reality show.

;)

^Ender, that's the best 4AM post i've ever seen!

I was just about to post the same thing! I

couldn't believe it had already been used!!! ;)

Gamestop is placing the new release date at 12/6/04,

can somebody back me up? That's five months away!

Should I be excited or scared? :blink:

I doubt it. It's assumed that most of the side/bonus quests would be taken care of along the way. And you can always play through again to get the ones you missed (since your relative alignment will probably affect which ones you will do). Plus I'd like to think that KOTOR2 will have great replay value, equal to if not better than that of KOTOR1.

SiO2

Heh, I like "Fear Gus" better. Then his initials are "F-U". Coincidence? I think NOT.

Sure, gamestop says that - everyone says that. If you look at the new interview at RPGvault, it mentions that they're about at the end of the alpha stage - the assets are almost all completed, to give way to months of bug testing. Just depends on how many bugs they have at this point. Also, from what they said it sounds like they're more concerned with getting it done than getting something out the door on time.

Ah yes, and congratulations on the summation of the daily life in Obsidian ;)

Can we get confirmation on this, though? I'm not sure I believe the part about an "office manager" or "payroll" yet. I thought dev's didn't necessarily function off of food or sleep while they were developing a game/ Being with the mind of the computer, or some such, is what I heard.

If you choose, lets say, to go to the Dark Side, will your dialog choices get harder to come back to the Light Side again? In other words, being more overwelmed with Darker choices the more you choose that path.

This effect would help you feel like your getting sucked into the Dark Side by making it harder to resist getting out.

If not, would it be considered in the next KOTOR?

When a Dark Side Jedi unleashes Force Lightning on a Light Sider, will a high level Light Sider be able to absorb the lightning and redirect it back to the Dark Side Jedi, similar to the fight between Yoda and Count Dooku in Episode 2? Perhaps a lower level version of that power would be the ability to protect yourself against Force Lightning using a light saber, like how Obi Wan did against Dooku.

If you choose, lets say, to go to the Dark Side, will your dialog choices get harder to come back to the Light Side again? In other words, being more overwelmed with Darker choices the more you choose that path.

This effect would help you feel like your getting sucked into the Dark Side by making it harder to resist getting out.

If not, would it be considered in the next KOTOR?

No, there is always a chance for redemption. Just as there is always the possibility to walk the easy path when it presents itself.

SiO2

When a Dark Side Jedi unleashes Force Lightning on a Light Sider, will a high level  Light Sider be able to absorb the lightning and redirect it back to the Dark Side Jedi, similar to the fight between Yoda and Count Dooku in Episode 2?  Perhaps a lower level version of that power would be the ability to protect yourself against Force Lightning using a light saber, like how Obi Wan did against Dooku.

I don't think there is a d20 rule for that yet. (If there is I apologize :)) In any case that specific power did not make the cut to get into K2... but there might be some similar/parallel powers you can use to acomplish the same thing :ph34r:

SiO2

Is developing for xbox really easier than PS2 and GC and does it have more potential then PS2 and GC?

Is that what the decision to have kotor and kotor2 on xbox was based on?

Did Lucas arts make that decision or Obsidian?

Would obsidian like any real obsidian sent to them.. lol.. I got a ton from the NW desert of Nevada. B)

And lastly how do I delete a post? :ph34r: lol

Ambrosia3.gif

Is developing for xbox really easier than PS2 and GC and does it have more potential then PS2 and GC?

Supposedly the PS2 is, or maybe was difficult to develope for because of a lack of documentation with the developer kits. Maybe this has been remedied by now, but maybe not. GC was designed with the intention to be easily to develop for, and I've heard a few developer who've worked the dev kits comment on how easy it was to use. X-box, I am not sure of, but I hear its based on DirectX, so many PC developers, who're already familiar with DirectX, would probably feel at ease working with it.

Is that what the decision to have kotor and kotor2 on xbox was based on?

Did Lucas arts make that decision or Obsidian?

Would obsidian like any real obsidian sent to them.. lol.. I got a ton from the NW desert of Nevada. B)

And lastly how do I delete a post? :ph34r: lol

1) Don't know.

2) See #1

3) LucasArts

4) Uh... sure!

5) Don't think you guys can. If it's a double post or something PM a moderator. Not a big deal though so don't worry about it.

SiO2