Pictures of your games Part 5

Okami is such an amazing game. one of my favs on teh PS2

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I saw the title of this thread and was tempted to take my Fallout New Vegas CD case down to the local playground and show it playing on the swings with Dark Souls.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Hmm, you may want to start using an imagehosting site at some point so as not to use forum resources ;)

imgur seems to be working well for free users right now.

Kannarazuuu.

Weird how well it's kept. Okami, I mean. Neat to draw wolf-kanji with the move-thing as well. ..plenty of the best games on the ps3 still are the ps2 games, imo. Hd versions of Sly, Shadow of the Colossus, and Okami.

Dragon_s_Dogma_Dark_Arisen_Screenshot_3.

Huntin' and killin'

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

plenty of the best games on the ps3 still are the ps2 games, imo.

I keep wondering if it is the nostalgia thing or if we just went through a time of mostly indiferent games that some of those oldies keep sticking with us. Then you see other games on sale, realize you missed them when they came out but now that you could get them cheap you can't be bothered.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Mm. I never actually owned a ps2 until recently, so I never got to play Okami and Shadow of the Colossus all that much. Apart from stealing the ds2 pad at a friend's house for ten minutes, I basically got to play SotC for the first time on my ps3. After still burning through all the new games first, because I was sure it was all nostalgia anyway. So... yeah.. I can say with confidence that new games suck ass, with some few exceptions.

Just like most games made around 1990-2002 were absolute ****. But there are a few games that still are fun to play. Some of the games never looked great, sure, some of the games had good tech at the time. But when you load up something like Lander3d (Psygnosis' Glide experiment), Tie Fighter (the collector's cd-rom with glorious 640x480 HD :p), Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Rocket Jockey, Independence War, Battlezone 2, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Dungeon Keeper, lots of games, really.. they still sort of hold up. At least on the original hardware (glide wrappers don't really work). And no one remembers how awful all the Hexen clones were.

So the solution the games-industry has for that now is to make prettier and more expensive Hexen clones, I guess. I mean, it works, doesn't it? No one remembers stuff like Resonance of Fate. But everyone remembers FF13, even though it is a tremendously boring game that.. is one of the few games I never managed to complete. Still bought FF13-2.. that I also didn't complete. 

But don't pass up on the hd versions of SotC and Okami (same with the Sly trilogy.. last game isn't very good). They were excellent, in spite of trash reviews. And prominent and widely quoted bs tech-review from Richard Leadbetter over at Eurogamer. On SotC they basically run the actual code, and use inserts to make all the vector-based effect algorithms run with higher density, with the right aspects, all the reduction algorithms work great, no corners cut on how the bosses work, none of the animation has been motion-capified, etc. So there's no upscaling going on, even at the very low level. Which is not how you normally do it. Most PC "hd" versions just up the resolution and leave the resources intact. And that scales as well as you'd expect. The vector engine based drawing on the ps2 does scale. In addition, the game actually runs in stable 30fps. So it's probably better than the original. Absolutely worth owning. Specially considering the fact that hardware with a setup similar to the ps3 will probably not ever be seen again until Intel goes bankrupt, their patents expire, and IBM has nothing else to do but make a new Cell-based design, and things like that..

mirrorsedgetutorial.jpg

:D ..Blood Omen (and Blood Omen 2) does start with almost exactly that scene. But this is from Defiance. He's late every time. ..man, they really should get Simon Templeman and Michael Bell to voice-act for a spinoff animation series or something like that. Amy Hennig could do the screenplay and get the entire "game going to the silver screen" thing out of their system :p

defiance_2.jpg

Sarafan snack nr. 3: "Surrender, Fiend! And we will promise you an easy death!"

Kain: "..I could promise you the same, but it would be a lie".

• Like 1

How many men does it take to hoist that monster up?  The Jackdaw must have pulley systems with insane mechanical advantage.  Also, how can the mast handle that much weight?  :blink:

Yxny1n3.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks