Pictures of your games Part 5

I was definitely tempted to get Civ:BE day 1.  I'm definitely interested in feedback, though.

Just for you, Keyrock! :)

I've played Civ:BE for one hour, and so far it's like a more intense CiV with more atmosphere, quests and a start that certainly is more threatening and alien.

I picked Franco-Iberia, and went for a scientific and tech-y set of advantages. I landed on a planet with lots of islands and huge insects with chitin and miasma and horrific swamps everywhere.

I've managed to launch a solar satellite, kill some wolf beetles and search some resource pods.

The music and the sound effects are wonderful - it's all very sci-fi. I'd say the UI has been improved. I've also made good use of the AMD Mantle feature, so the game's loading quickly (I hardly notice it) on a massive map with maxed settings in 1980x1020 or whatever the resolution is called.

It's pure joy and excitement so far.

NjkqE2.jpg

8rAPHZ.jpg

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Some Blade Symphony pictures

Only the best emote

ZF4Uaan.jpg

Training mode offline

l5uDU7n.jpg

RTmFH2n.jpg

Waiting for my turn. Pfft, 2 Phalanxes. Chances are that maybe one of them knows other tactics than spamming the Balanced style combo and hoping the other player walks into it.

s3Plcaj.jpg

Gotta love Bayonetta with her utterly impossible proportions.  Look at how long her legs are!   :lol:

gtYev4K.jpg

So wrong, yet so right.

rNMQZua.jpg

Gotta love the Luigi plushie.  :biggrin:

2bx9h8Q.jpg

I didn't manage to get a screenshot of it yet, but she's got fire flowers embroidered on the ankles of her stockings.  Also, instead of halos, enemies drop coins, and it even makes the Super Mario coin collecting sound when you pick them up.  Gotta love the attention to detail. 

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Started playing Borderlands 2 -- the criticism I've read is unfounded. Bigger, better, smoother. The new classes are especially great, loving Maya's Phaselock. In the last BL 1 DLC the main quest hub was a train station, but the train there wasn't moving, it was added while you were away, and removed the same way. Now in BL 2 we got moving trains, and as an obsessively curious explorer, the first thing that came to my mind: will it kill you if you stand in its way?

zCSXGxp.png

Of course it will, it's Borderlands. Bonus points for including a quest goal with "badonkadonks". I learned that word from this video (I'm a fan of Hugh Laurie).

• Like 1

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Bally Dancer Bayonetta  :wub:

d7Ze479.jpg

Fighting a Lumen Sage while his summon fights mine in the background

RR0MBqv.jpg

Oh, and you get to play a brief round of rock em sock em robots as the summons, because why wouldn't you?

Mx3ROzm.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Am I the only one who can't see **** in the Bayonetta 2 screenshots? It looks like if my dog ate a box of crayons and vomited on my screen.

• Like 5

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Woohoo, my first chapter platinum!  

GAQPwvi.jpg

I'm pretty proud of myself, even if it was an easy chapter.  I thought those 2 silvers I got toward the end would sink my overall score to a gold, but the 3 pure platinums I got earlier were enough to raise my overall score to platinum status.  Now I need to be able to do that in the later chapters.  Baby steps.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Had the same thought when playing the beginning. Flashing lights and stuff all around, couldn't see anything, didn't even realized the game was going already. Will seriously need to get used to that first.

On the other side, I had a similar feeling when playing Unreal Tournament 3 for the very first time. There had been so many objects and stuff in the maps, it was so hard to look at anything important, because my brain wasn't used to all the details on screen.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Had the same thought when playing the beginning. Flashing lights and stuff all around, couldn't see anything, didn't even realized the game was going already. Will seriously need to get used to that first.

On the other side, I had a similar feeling when playing Unreal Tournament 3 for the very first time. There had been so many objects and stuff in the maps, it was so hard to look at anything important, because my brain wasn't used to all the details on screen.

The games, both of them, basically border on sensory overload during combat all the time, so you either get used to it (I did) or the game will definitely give you problems.  I've sort of developed a sixth sense to the game, to the point that I can always "feel" where my character is and what she's doing, even though there are many times that I can't particularly see it very well because so much **** is happening on the screen all at the same time.  I imagine that this is how Jedi will train in the future to master The Force.  Platinum is just ahead of their time.  :wowey:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸