Exploitable Inventory Item Duplication

CatatonicMan

Question

[Description of the issue]

By double clicking on an item to unequip it will cause it to be duplicated instead.

The attached image demonstrates this quite well:

post-50781-0-80675300-1408656834_thumb.jpg

[steps to Reproduce]

1. Start game with default settings.
  2. Create a new character. Doesn't seem to matter what kind.
  3. Open inventory, choose a character, and double click on an equipped item. The item will appear to unequip properly.
  4. Switch to another character and then switch back (or close and open the inventory and choose the character again).
  5. Notice how the unequipped item is still equipped, and is also still in the inventory.
  6. Repeat as desired, with any character and any item, for unlimited items.

[Expected Behaviour]

Items should unequip properly when double clicked and should not duplicate themselves.

[Other Remarks / Comments]

Should help combat the disappearing item bug for the moment. Unlimited spellbooks ahoy.

• Like 3

10 answers to this question

Hello CatatonicMan,

Thank you for your feedback! This was actually recently discovered and we have our UI programmer taking a look into it. He has spectacular experience with squashing UI dupe bugs, so I would expect that it will probably be fixed by the next backer update.

Enjoy the beta!  :grin:

• Like 1

Was just about to post on this, performed a quick search, and voila! Good job. :)

On a side note, it would be great if the forum "flood control" on searching was disabled. Don't know how you could flood the forum by searching a lot but it certainly makes it difficult to iteratively search for a specific bug when you have to wait 15 seconds between each search. :/

Hello CatatonicMan,

Thank you for your feedback! This was actually recently discovered and we have our UI programmer taking a look into it. He has spectacular experience with squashing UI dupe bugs, so I would expect that it will probably be fixed by the next backer update.

do you guys have a date for the first backer beta update? :bow:

The item is instanced so you cannot sell your duped items, the game removes duplicates when you put it in the trade window. In case you sell it, all cloned items that are equipped will be removed as well.

The item is instanced so you cannot sell your duped items, the game removes duplicates when you put it in the trade window. In case you sell it, all cloned items that are equipped will be removed as well.

You actually can sell them (though I can't guarantee that it won't cause other problems). If you drag them into the sell pane rather than double clicking, they sell as normal.

Hello CatatonicMan,

I'm really not sure the exact date for the first update. I'm excited for the update as well, but I expect we will try to release it once we've addressed some of the major issues that have surfaced from the beta thus far.

Brandon should provide an update for everyone when we have more details. 

Thanks!   :lol:

• Like 1

This seems to apply to non-duplicates as well.

Tried selling the stilletos you get from the bandits with the boar companions, and it deleted every Fine Stilleto in every inventory save one, including the BB Rouge´s Fine Stilleto which I had moved to her inventory at that point.

Dont know if the loot from the bandits is actually developer-duped items used as placeholders or if the game considers only one of each type of item ("Fine Stilleto" in this case) but if it isnt this could be a problem.

Hello CatatonicMan,

I'm really not sure the exact date for the first update. I'm excited for the update as well, but I expect we will try to release it once we've addressed some of the major issues that have surfaced from the beta thus far.

Brandon should provide an update for everyone when we have more details. 

Thanks!   :lol:

cheers mate, cant wait for it!