Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

So, Dutch airline KLM apparently pissed off world famous Mexican Gael Garcia Bernal by tweeting an "adios amigos" to the Mexican team. Yeah, I don't know who that is either, but he's threatened never to fly with KLM again. And apparently a lot of other Mexicans who are also sour losers with no sense of humour have been complaining about the tweet. After which KLM quickly removed the tweet.

Gutless move by KLM, the Dutch queen should promptly take the royal predicate away from the airline.

https://twitter.com/yoyen/status/483324954323472387/photo/1

I saw that. Pure ridiculousness over the outrage. It's the friggin World Cup, when else if not now would it be acceptable to get some good natured international ribbing? Butthurt over nothing.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Come on, Costa Rica, just hold on for 15 more minutes.  Hold on!

Thanks! I hadn't thoroughly enjoyed the epicness that is Wilson Phillips since Harold and Kumar went to White Castle.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

Even Wilson Phillips couldn't help Costa Rica keep the lead.  How in the world are they going to get through another 30 minutes a man down?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Even Wilson Phillips couldn't help Costa Rica keep the lead.  How in the world are they going to get through another 30 minutes a man down?

Superior footballing ability?

*sigh* Greece is gonna Greek.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

On Dutch television it is remarked the game developing as it does is a good thing as, so they imagine, it will cause whatever team we are up against to be tired.

I think that's a load of nonsense. The next game is in six days, I am sure that is enough rest to shake off an extra 30 minutes of overtime.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Feel for Costa Rica to go out like this

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Costa Ricans need inspiration.  Wilson Phillips wasn't enough, I'm going to have to break out R. Kelly

I just hope this doesn't cause them to urinate on underage girls.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Costa Ricans need inspiration.  Wilson Phillips wasn't enough, I'm going to have to break out R. Kelly

I just hope this doesn't cause them to urinate on underage girls.

That's it Keyrock, if Costa Rica loses it's all on you.

Now, if you had wanted to really help Costa Rica you'd have threatened to make them listen to that if they didn't win.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.