Is there still no world cup thread? (the sequel)

Tale

So how about that local sports team?

Old thread here

I believe everyone was talking about a player named Robben.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wow Torres scored.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's some tight marking there. 

3-0 for Spain, Mata wise to not pass to Torres.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Good counter there.

Cameroon scored, hah.

Cameroon would flounder in the MLS

Croatia have now gotten away with multiple obvious handballs, one in the box which should have resulted in a PK.

Edit:  Mexico scores!  Justice has been served.

Edit 2:  Mexico scores again.  That will do it. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I originally pipped Belgium for a run to the semis, but they haven't got their crap together in the 3 games they've had, whereas Brazil have done a little bit. In terms of actual quality and tactical cohesion I still don't rate Brazil much but they should now have the momentum to beat Chile. Impressed with Oranje's ability to get a comfortable clean sheet win today too, they've got a clear run to the semis avoiding Brazil, Argentina and Germany.

Hope they crush Mexico, Mexican fans are bloody annoying.  And the Puto-chant crap will go away then, hopefully.

Compared to that horrible Vuvuzela-crap in the last championship, the Puto-chanting is the choir of angels dawning from mount Celestia.

The Vuvuzela is the equivalent to death of any cultural expression. Kill it with fire and erase its existence from human history all together.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Didn't bother me all that much, a constant noise can be ignored quite easy.  

People like you are the worst. Silently approving the truimph of evil.

Apathy is death!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well was amusing seeing the complaining about it, so there was that.   Ah well, the puto shouldn't bother me that much, or be unexpected.  The average football fan isn't all that classy to begin with anyway. :p

• Like 1