Why is there no world cup thread ?

Gorgon

Shame, don't want Spain to go out.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Credit to Chile, their *troll-tactic seems to be working excellently against Spain.

*troll-tactic as in bothering each spanish player that has the ball with atleast 3 of their own players, without any direct plan on what to do after getting the ball itself.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Wow, how did Busquets not put that in the back of the net?  Spain can't afford to let chances like that slip by.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Spain, even though they have created more chances now still looks powerless. At this point I am wondering if they might end this tournament with 0 points. Today's Australia could have them, I reckon.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

I mean. Spain have won everything. They are even better than France was a decade or so ago. They were one of the favourites, and to see them go out like this is abysmal. :(

EDIT: were

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Nice time wasting by Chile.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What a crazy fall for Spain.  From winning the last 3 grand tourneys to getting eliminated in the group stage and potentially not even scoring a single point.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They were never going to be as good this time, all their key players are old, younger ones like Fabregas are not being used properly, and why the hell would anybody take Torres anywhere near a football is a mystery. 

This English commentator is making me want the English plane to crash on the way home.

To sum it all up for Spain:

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They were never going to be as good this time, all their key players are old, younger ones like Fabregas are not being used properly, and why the hell would anybody take Torres anywhere near a football is a mystery. 

Costa didn't do much better. No Alvaro Negredo was a crime.

I know some of their players are older but I still feel they should have done better. There were at least five players who played in this years Champions League final representing Spain.

I'm glad, they played boring football when it was working for them. Kinda like the classic Italian formula. Suck the life out of a match and score a single goal when there's 5 mins left.

Estatic to see Holland get its grove back though. Even if their midfield did not maintain the super high standard in the second half. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

@Meshugger - I'm more partial to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

While I didn't expect Spain to be the juggernaut they were 6 years ago, or 4 years ago, or even 2 years ago, never, in my wildest imagination, did I see their fall from the top being this spectacular.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

What a crazy fall for Spain.  From winning the last 3 grand tourneys to getting eliminated in the group stage and potentially not even scoring a single point.

No points, but to me the worst is no goals. I don't really count a Costa dive-triggered penalty as an actual goal. And seven goals against in two games. That's just appalling, lol!

I don't know about Negredo, but I sure miss Llorente.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.