Update 78 Pushed Until 5/14

Unacceptable.  Unacceptable!

Not doing it right.

Worst, GAFriend, show him how we do things.

Obsidian just shot themselves in the foot.I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Kickstarter development culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in the normal videogame industry where you can become successful by being an ****. If you screw someone over with Kickstarter, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.What this means is the Kickstarter backers, after hearing about this, are not going to want to play Pillars of Eternity, nor will they purchase any of Obsidian’s games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Obsidian has alienated an entire market with this move. Feargus Urquhart, publicly apologize and post the update NOW or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Right on the money.

There's an epidemic of Hyperbole going around.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I'm excited now; it can't just be the usual text + a couple of pretty screens if they're holding it up to polish it, right? Also Mr Adler said they were going to "show off" so... could this be the long awaited extended look at gameplay?

Edited by MasterPrudent
  • Like 1

I'm excited now; it can't just be the usual text + a couple of pretty screens if they're holding it up to polish it, right? Also Mr Adler said they were going to "show off" so... could this be the long awaited extended look at gameplay?

They've already said it's another class update so I kind of doubt they'd *also* add an extended gameplay look. I'm obviously hoping they do, but I don't expect it.

How's that for a juicy explosion? A Beetlejuicy explosion... :biggrin:

Readings on my fake-o-meter are off the scale :geek:

The amount of fake in this footage is beyond description :biggrin:

it can't just be the usual text + a couple of pretty screens if they're holding it up to polish it, right?

Stop oppressing my culture, you ethnocentric prudent!

j/k

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...