That's what my girlfriend calls Li'l TN. :(

(Not really*)

For those wondering, here's the link to the picture:

http://instagram.com/p/pHTJSVJx9V/#

I like the Dandy Hat of the Diseased Yak. I imagine many people will get a good laugh when that drops.

*Okay, really. :'(

EDIT: Haha, I got ninja'd and it completely changes the meaning of my post.

Edited by TrueNeutral
ninja'd!
  • Like 1

Oh, well. My item is on the list. Hope no one takes a stab at its name. Would be embarrasing if a lot of people found it horrible.

I assumed it was The Disappointer since you pointed it out. Care to share the name?

It's not the Disappointer nor the Yak hat. :)

I can share the name of the item, however I will hold it off for a while, to see if any spontaneous comment is made about it.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I will pass my judgement:

Good names

Dandy Hat of the Diseased Yak

Borresaine

Finreah's Grace

Forgiveness (pistol)

The others are just okay/simple.

The Disappointer was my absolute favourite.

Second and third for me are Hermits hat and Cats whisper.

Dandy hat of the diseased yak is the funniest one though. It sticks out among the others, of which many are quite generic for a fantasy setting (nothing less to be expected of course, and I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing).

Borresaine is in my opinion best of those names, as it sounds like name that is given legendary artifacts like Gáe Bolga, Excalibur, Caledfwlch, Gandiva, Babr-e Bayan, Talaria, Andvarinaut etc. artifacts from mythology. Although most of these artifacts have quite cheesy names if translated to English, like for example Gáe Bolga = spear of mortal pain/death spear.

• Like 2

Mannock: Hmm... What do we have to go on?

Sweden, German soccer player avatar.

You seem like an orderly collector type, hence names are important to you, enough perhaps to use the same first letter twice?

Mabecs_Mace is my first guess, followed by Jenas_Lance.

:biggrin:

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Mannock: Hmm... What do we have to go on?

Sweden, German soccer player avatar.

You seem like an orderly collector type, hence names are important to you, enough perhaps to use the same first letter twice?

Mabecs_Mace is my first guess, followed by Jenas_Lance.

:biggrin:

I am impressed. :)

Jenas_Lance (or Jêna's lance as it's really called) is the correct answer!

IndiraLightfoot can now be renamed Sherlock Holmes. :)

To continue this trivia. What weapon, in a previous DnD CRPG, is Jêna's lance a tribute to?

• Like 1

If only it had been a rapier or stiletto instead of a pistol, I'd've just called it Disa's Pointer.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

The Crowd-funding model is you pay to contribute content. You don't pay you don't get to contribute (unless you get hired).

Hm, I don't believe it.

A) Those who paid to contribute content didn't only pay to contribute content. Didn't they get to bounce ideas directly with Obsidian? Oh and paying for "You get to design a backer item!" is also a sure-shot 100% hit. Not to mention you'll get some renown for it as well I'd imagine.

B) What we have been doing here, discussing ideas, thoughts, what's good and bad, analyzing and picking stuff apart... it's been indirect contribution. Who knows... some of JFSOCC's design ideas might've made it into the game but with a different name, different look, but the core inspiration comes from it... I wouldn't say that it is 100% certain that this is the case (don't expect anything), but there might be a chance.

- Paying for Backer Content = Direct Influence/Contribution+Obsidian gives feedback to Backer/Designer. 100% chance of getting in. 

- Posting on Forums, no BC = Indirect Influence/Contribution+We give feedback to Obsidian/Designer. Depending on the idea, has a higher chance of getting in or "inspired by", but for the sake of the example... let's say "Roll 1d100".

Well, that's what I believe at least.

EDIT: Furthermore, weapons statistics & title is one of the easiest things to mod in most games. I could create like 100 "backer" weapons after the game has released.. but will it get anywhere near as much respect or renown as a backer who paid to be in the official product? Nope. Everyone who plays Pillars of Eternity without mods will be able to find the Backer Content. This is also something that you're paying for.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1