What are you playing now

http://youtu.be/hC83kY3rywE

Well....I gotta play this game, now.

LOL

Yes, you can absolutely target specific demographics, if you so choose, for your vigilante justice.  I try to be choosy whose bank account I'm siphoning.  I try not to take money from cancer patients, people who volunteer at soup kitchens, that sort of thing.  But, if you're so inclined, you can make it your mission to rid Chicago of all Scientologists, or whatever strikes your fancy.

That's always the best part of sandbox games like this, making your own game out of it.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Been nuts deep in Skyrim again, trying out some of the "hardcore mode" mods like Frostfall and iNeed, the sense of realism is greatly improved.  I also picked up The Wolf Among Us, it seems really good so far and will definitely keep me going till Walking Dead season 2 is finished.

Got my Witchblade up to level 17 in Grim Dawn and reached Burrwich.  Not far to go to reach Warden Kreig now.  I'm excited to see how the laboratory looks with the shiny new graphics, and even more excited to see what the act 2 area looks like.  I'll probably cross that bridge and check the new area out a bit before going back to Burrwich to deal with The Warden, and if the monsters there prove to be much too high level for me, I'll just tuck my tail between my legs and run back to Devil's Crossing.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm still playing Fire Emblem: Awakening.  Finally got loads and loads of Master and Secondary Seals. 

And actually I've realized a few things about the FE series that makes me want to go back and play that DS FE game I got and never finished...

can't you romance characters in fire emblem: awakening?  tell bruce that it were buckets o' fun when you romanced an elf girl (or boy?) and got yourself married. c'mon, it will make his day.

HA! Good Fun!

Haha, yeah as Drudanae linked, you can "romance" characters (take them to S support). You can do this with a number of characters, though, and the character's children travel back in time to try and avert their future from happening. Many of the characters have friendships beyond that (going to A level support).

Support levels add bonuses if the characters fight next to each other, so its an important part of the game.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I just got a  Nintendo handheld thingamawhatsit and I'm looking for some game suggestions

It came with the following three games which I know nothing about

Bravely Default

Fire Emblem Awakening

Pokemon X

I'm open to pretty much anything as I'm trying to branch out of the rather narrow range of games I play now which is limited to western rpgs and strategy games

Free games updated 3/4/21

I finished Spec Ops : The Line last night. Its not bad, 60/100

It fulfills the role as a FPS well enough, the battles are fun and there are interesting weapons to choose from. The game isn't long though, I took about 23 hours to complete it and I'm not that good at FPS so I imagine someone more skilled could complete it in 12-15 hours?

I was disappointed that there weren't enough choices but I did enjoy the ones I had to make

But I am not sure I understood the plot, I wasn't really paying that much attention. Here is my understanding of the story, maybe someone who played the game can comment on how accurate I was

Walker imagined the colonel talking to him the whole time? Was Walker insane? And the colonel had killed himself after failing to evacuate the refugees? So what were the 33 trying to do in Dubai once the colonel killed himself and who killed all the colonels aides? And who then gave orders to the 33..was it that reporter? .

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The game isn't long though, I took about 23 hours to complete it and I'm not that good at FPS so I imagine someone more skilled could complete it in 12-15 hours?

That's actually quite lengthy for a FPS, particularly modern day ones.  Most modern day FPS single player campaigns clock in well below 10 hours.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The game isn't long though, I took about 23 hours to complete it and I'm not that good at FPS so I imagine someone more skilled could complete it in 12-15 hours?

That's actually quite lengthy for a FPS, particularly modern day ones.  Most modern day FPS single player campaigns clock in well below 10 hours.

Okay, so I'm even worse than I thought at FPS  :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think I spent 8 or 10 hours with Battlefield 4..

Don't judge me, it came free with my graphics card!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Battlefield 4's campaign was terrible. It wasn't even very showy compared to the last game which had much better scenarios and vista moments for showing off what Frostbite is capable of. 

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

Finally getting around to Saint's Row 4 and loving the dubstep gun

Been playing it as well.  I know folks are all about Watch Dogs right now, but SR4 is just on a different level from all the other sandbox games.  

Might be a really obvious question but, what language is the dialogue/cut scenes in when the game is marked as "bilingual" on the box?  I'm assuming English, but with the option to change it to French in the options menu?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finally getting around to Saint's Row 4 and loving the dubstep gun

Been playing it as well.  I know folks are all about Watch Dogs right now, but SR4 is just on a different level from all the other sandbox games.  

I've tried going back to it a couple of times, but I feel it's a regression from the previous game in almost every way. It starts off well enough but once the superpowers came in, the gameplay completely fell apart. In the end I think I'd rather play SR3 over than play SR4.

Identifying a couple of the bigger complaints I guess - the almost complete loss of visibility and positional sense during fights due to the super sprinting ability (and the expectation that it be used), and the platforming bits, notably tower climbing.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I have started a second playthrough of SR4 and am having a lot more fun than I feared I'd have. I am so not gathering all the clusters again though ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).