Global Implications of the Ukraine Crisis

Mor

Yeah, the Russians are using propaganda, but it most definitively ain't like the other side aren't. I eagerly await Mr Ennis's balance providing follow up articles, which I am sure will follow.

Okay I'm impressed you are acknowledging the Russians are using propaganda, this is a huge and progressive step

Now you need to say " Russia is actively involved in destabilizing eastern Ukraine. They are doing this as they have a  political objective to annex parts of Ukraine so they can create a buffer zone between them and Western friendly countries"

I know you can do this, the truth will set you free Zora...the truth will see you free :wowey:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Absolutely not. They are simply welcoming their scared children into mother Russia's arms. Don't you see? The fascist pigs of the west with their jews, same-sex and interrational marriage are the bullies here.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hm, I can see a major conflict erupting that won't involve nuclear weapons being exchanged. As it'll probably be fighting over some other piece of turf, and obliterating yourself in that case probably isn't worth it. I could imagine one doing that if one is being invaded and has no chance of victory.

Then again, what do you class as a 'major' conflict, in any case ? Hardly naive to assume infantry will still be playing a role and be necessary.

As infantry tactics and unit composition changed to account for technology advances (firepower and C3 mostly, but also logistics) between the 19th and 20th centuries, it stands to reason that 21st century "infantry" will not be and act exactly the same as its precursors. My money would be on increasingly smaller units with excellent mobility, training and firepower, as this facilitates achieving local superiority as needed, while at the same time avoiding the huge troop concentrations that are more vulnerable to massed artillery fire and aerial bombing, not to mention difficult to supply and maneuver. This is also supposed to drastically reduce aggregate casualties due to greater force dispersion and possibly also enables warfare along huge areas with relatively small numbers of troops. Response times and operational readiness are critical for this, but that seems to be the direction in which doctrine is developing.

But yeah, this is still very much infantry, so the "boots on the ground" comment is perfectly sensible.

The likelihood of nuclear exchanges and the extent of those is much harder to predict, and it's this fact and the insane stakes involved that created the climate of paranoia during the Cold War. Nobody wanted nuclear war, but everyone expected the others to start it. In reality I would expect everyone to be unwilling to unleash a nuclear apocalypse, but again the uncertainty would weigh in heavily when deciding whether to push ahead for total victory or sue for peace. In any event I don't see any reason to believe that the next war will necessarily be a nuclear war.

Amazing what snarky **** you all are, though.

Oh, that. Pay it no mind, it's just to show that we care. hug_smiley.gif

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, the Russians are using propaganda, but it most definitively ain't like the other side aren't. I eagerly await Mr Ennis's balance providing follow up articles, which I am sure will follow.

Okay I'm impressed you are acknowledging the Russians are using propaganda, this is a huge and progressive step

Please :rolleyes: He has been doing this from the start, addressing our misgivings of Russia actions by "acknowledgment" always shortly followed by the "but, the west isn't any better".. deflecting any criticism of Russia and its actions or any effects by arguing against anything "west" related (the "look who is talking" routine).

You can easily observe how thin are the argument of the oby bunch, that is until they get to argue against the west or on some tangibly related argument that doesn't really matter. Its like arguing with rednecks, it doesn't matter what USA will do as long as it whooping ass they are happy, same here only with Russia and its perceived enemies with USA on top.

• Like 1

Please :rolleyes: He has been doing this from the start, addressing our misgivings of Russia actions by "acknowledgment" always shortly followed by the "but, the west isn't any better".. deflecting any criticism of Russia and its actions or any effects by arguing against anything "west" related (the "look who is talking" routine).

You can easily observe how thin are the argument of the oby bunch, that is until they get to argue against the west or on some tangibly related argument that doesn't really matter. Its like arguing with rednecks, it doesn't matter what USA will do as long as it whooping ass they are happy, same here only with Russia and its perceived enemies with USA on top.

Hi Mor :)

Welcome back, where have you been?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's blue oby vs red oby.    Man, oby has become powerful, apparently he has his own "bunch" now :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He has SO much power over me, I skip his posts instantly...

Wait a second...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

He has SO much power over me, I skip his posts instantly...

Wait a second...

It's blue oby vs red oby.    Man, oby has become powerful, apparently he has his own "bunch" now :lol:

What Mor means is more of a symbolic association with Oby. So you try to defend and justify Russia and its actions in Ukraine. But I don't think anyone thinks you have the exact same views on the Western world as Oby....which would be extreme and egregiously exaggerated  :)

John Milton 

Still not too sure on the defend and justify, but one's free to think their own.  Just amusing to label and class people, though I'm surprised he's not accusing people of being paid shills.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Russia is free to pay me for keeping my beliefs... I don't mind getting paid for doing absolute nothing.

Heck, no one needs to pay me to hate the EU... the EU does it all on it's own. Sure it also sends taxmoney of me and all fellow-EU'ers to economic black holes... so I guess I actually pay them for me to hate them... which makes me hate them even more.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Absolutely not. They are simply welcoming their scared children into mother Russia's arms. Don't you see? The fascist pigs of the west with their jews, same-sex and interrational marriage are the bullies here.

I know what you meant, but I had a sudden flash of Russia requiring proof that rational people were only marrying irrational people as they forbade "interrational" marriage between two rational people such that the irrational people get forced to wear φ armbands so they can be properly picked by those represented by the set ℚ...

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I know what you meant, but I had a sudden flash of Russia requiring proof that rational people were only marrying irrational people as they forbade "interrational" marriage between two rational people such that the irrational people get forced to wear φ armbands so they can be properly picked by those represented by the set ℚ...

:lol: oh you ...

John Milton