Movies you've seen recently

LadyCrimson

Wait, they cut most of the battle school from Ender's Game? What the ****!? The battle school was almost the entire book.

He gets one battle as part of Salamander, gets promoted to Dragon, one battle in Dragon, kills Bonzo and he goes to "command school". The pacing and lack of characer development makes it feel like he's there 2 weeks rather than 4 years.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

All I know is they better not reboot Die Hard. I'd rather see "Die Hard: Retires Harder part2" with Bruce Willis than a reboot with new actors. At the least, wait until Willis dies first.

Nearly as important as Bruce Willis' John McClaine is Alan Rickman's Hans Gruber, one of the best movie villains ever.  Hans is part of the reason why Die Hard is so much better than any of the sequels.  That movie is so great.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The kids typing will be boring, so cut it completely instead of getting the same info across without just showing kids typing?

That guy should watch Hot Fuzz, a movie that made police paperwork into an action sequence with the right montage.

• Like 1

I know there have been a couple of posts on this, but i also saw Enders game recently ( well at least the first 20 min )

I felt It was missing so much meaning/emotion/understanding i had to stop after only 20 minutes, as i was  verbally abuseing my screen. Which is never a good thing. I had always wanted a film to be made ever since i read Enders game as a child. I am serverly dissapointed.

It is always a hard thing to adabt a book one enjoys into film. Enders game is the worst film adaption i have seen. Lord of the Rings did a decent job.

In saying that i was not a fan of the Game of Thrones books ( i am not a fan of george R.R's writing style ) However i did enjoy the TV adaption.

I guess you cant please everyone with anything.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

If you only read Enders game, there are several other books in that arc that you might like, including one that covers the events of Enders game from another perspective, you can get it in audiobook format and fill some dead time with it ;)

Nearly as important as Bruce Willis' John McClaine is Alan Rickman's Hans Gruber, one of the best movie villains ever.  Hans is part of the reason why Die Hard is so much better than any of the sequels.  That movie is so great.

Yeah, I agree. That's the film that had me running to all the video rental stores in town to try to get a hold of anything he was in, ever after. Truly, Madly, Deeply is still one of my faves.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had a student reading Speaker of the Dead in my class the other day, and they were near the end. I told them not to read the third book in that story arc. :p

Ender's Shadow is the proper follow up to Ender's Game.

Bean always seemed kinda brooding to me, so him being all smiles in the movie threw me off. Am I remembering the books wrong?

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm leaning incredibly awesome right now, but I liked the Abnett/Lanning book series this seems to draw a lot of elements from.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I know nothing of Guardians of the Galaxy comic, but the lead guy is kinda cute/hot, the trailer had enough cheese humor to be almost so-bad-its-good, and hey, a movie with a gun-toting raccoon can't be all bad! :lol:

GotG-01.jpg

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Is the bald chick Moondragon?

Its supposed to be Nebula.  She was a space pirate who claimed to be the grand-daughter of Thanos.  She was made into a cyborg during a storyline and its this look that the GotG movie character is following.

Since they may be changing the origin for Drax (who was Moondragon's dad in the comics) there is still the possibility, I suppose, that Nebula and Moondragon will be merged into a single character in the Marvel movie-verse.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It must suck being famous and then getting a gig as foliage.

Maybe he missed out on being a tree during his early school-play days and now that he's super rich, he's trying to relive his youth. He should call me for advice - I was a tulip once.
  • Like 2

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Finally a love-movie done right.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That, or collect a huge paycheck for a handful of lines (at least, I didn't read anything about him being motion captured). Plus, that's what he's best at, Vin Diesel's best part has always been The Iron Giant.

That, or collect a huge paycheck for a handful of lines (at least, I didn't read anything about him being motion captured). Plus, that's what he's best at, Vin Diesel's best part has always been The Iron Giant.

One line. All Groot says is "I am Groot"

Devastatorsig.jpg

Actually he is doing motion capture.  He posted about training in the stilts so he could play the 7 foot Groot during downtime while filming F&F7.

Also Rocket Raccon actually understand Groot's language (everyone else hears him as saying "I AM GROOT!"), so I'd think it possible that there will be at least one scene where Groot might be giving a lengthy dialogue piece as a gag.