What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

I just picked up Assassins Creed 3 for $8 at my local gaming shop, that's a good price so that's the next game I'll be playing. I know there are some mixed views on this game but I'm going into it with an open mind so hopefully I'll enjoy it :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Aqua Nox.

I am loving the writing and the story. Voice-acting is pretty cheesy though.

Try the sequel if you haven't yet, the writing and atmosphere is stronger I think (and beware side missions you can lose out on if you don't pick the right conversations).

• Like 1

NVInteriors is helping to make the world feel less empty, the author has a real talent for level design and knows how to tell a story with objects.

Yeah, that was one of my biggest gripes about both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

If you're stumbling through a wasteland of abandoned buildings and you're looking for supplies, which one would you set your sights on: the boarded up, untouched building or the building with welcoming, open doors?

It was annoying that I couldn't break into the closed-up buildings since, according to my logic, those would have a greater chance of still containing something useful.

I dunno, Fallout 3 had enough explorable buildings for me, I just think it needed more (questy) reasons to go inside them.  New Vegas was quite frustrating on the first play through, I'd go running towards something and eventually reach a boarded up building or an empty shack...a shack with it's own map marker ffs.  I got over it when I realised the game compensates with crazy levels of plot and gameplay choice but NVInteriors fills in the blanks really nicely.

I get what you're saying about easily accessible ruins full of pre-war loot, it'd be pretty cool if future games had sealed buildings you needed tools and skills to enter, as well as ruins that had been picked clean and re-purposed by raiders and suchlike.

• Like 2

NVInteriors is helping to make the world feel less empty, the author has a real talent for level design and knows how to tell a story with objects.

Yeah, that was one of my biggest gripes about both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas.

If you're stumbling through a wasteland of abandoned buildings and you're looking for supplies, which one would you set your sights on: the boarded up, untouched building or the building with welcoming, open doors?

It was annoying that I couldn't break into the closed-up buildings since, according to my logic, those would have a greater chance of still containing something useful.

I dunno, Fallout 3 had enough explorable buildings for me, I just think it needed more (questy) reasons to go inside them.  New Vegas was quite frustrating on the first play through, I'd go running towards something and eventually reach a boarded up building or an empty shack...a shack with it's own map marker ffs.  I got over it when I realised the game compensates with crazy levels of plot and gameplay choice but NVInteriors fills in the blanks really nicely.

I get what you're saying about easily accessible ruins full of pre-war loot, it'd be pretty cool if future games had sealed buildings you needed tools and skills to enter, as well as ruins that had been picked clean and re-purposed by raiders and suchlike.

Is there an NVInteriors equivalent for Skyrim?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Some Tales of Xillia and a little bit of Metro Last Light.

I don't know if you read my post earlier, I finished Metro last night and its excellent :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

Not that I know of, Skyrim doesn't have any inaccessible buildings or a lack of dungeons, though at the time I thought it really needed more NPC houses to break into, Oblivion and Morrowind spoiled me there.

Not that I know of, Skyrim doesn't have any inaccessible buildings or a lack of dungeons, though at the time I thought it really needed more NPC houses to break into, Oblivion and Morrowind spoiled me there.

Okay thanks, I'll be playing Skyrim soon for the first time and I'll be starting to plan my Mod list

John Milton 

Okay thanks, I'll be playing Skyrim soon for the first time and I'll be starting to plan my Mod list

I'm sure you'll have fun, Skyrim isn't lacking in content and compared to Oblivion it almost doesn't need mods at all.  I'd definitely install the Unofficial Skyrim Patch though, so many little annoyances fixed :)

Edited by WDeranged

I'm sure you'll have fun, Skyrim isn't lacking in content and compared to Oblivion it almost doesn't need mods at all.  I'd definitely install the Unofficial Skyrim Patch though, so many little annoyances fixed :)

Hehe, yeah compared to Oblivion so only 30 or so instead of 100+ :p

But yeah, looking at my list there aren't too many must have mods, most are just litle improvements here and there.

A mod to make dragon fights harder is a necessity. I can only think of two off-hand, one added a bunch of rainbow dragon otherkin garbage and 25235mb of irrelevant garbage, so I never downloaded that. The one I got took things a bit too far and gave every dragon the ability to use Alduin's meteor shower shout (with buffed damage, totally ignoring player level,) as well as summoning other dragons for support. It also causes their wingflaps and landings to make you go flying and ragdoll. It's fun when it's not ludicrously murdering every NPC in every town with a hail of meteorites.

I wish there was a mod to make Delphine killable would be the ultimate 10/10 best mod ever for Skyrim.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 2

Hehe, yeah compared to Oblivion so only 30 or so instead of 100+ :p

But yeah, looking at my list there aren't too many must have mods, most are just litle improvements here and there.

Yeah, most of my mods are small gameplay tweaks and a few visual things, I tried Skyfalls & Skymills last time I played and loved it, no more weird iceberg looking distant waterfalls and riding towards Solitude is exactly 42.8% more epic when you can see the windmill turning in the distance  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I've been playing Skyrim off and on, and I think the one really grating thing for me is the voice acting.  I feel like there are three voices for everyone in the game, and they all sound like they are faking a deep voice.

Thankfully ESO seems more varied in voices.

I've been playing Skyrim off and on, and I think the one really grating thing for me is the voice acting.  I feel like there are three voices for everyone in the game, and they all sound like they are faking a deep voice.

Thankfully ESO seems more varied in voices.

Did you not play Oblivion or Fallout 3? I'd be insulted if I wasn't so tired of Bethesda's use of 9 voice actors for 2895 fully voiced NPCs. The budget for which, obviously, was allotted as such: 90% Liam Neeson or similar big-name thespian A-list types, 10% other people to voice the other 99% of the game's characters.

The sad part?

I've played (read) Japanese visual novels with a who's who cast of every major and minor voice actor in their VA industry each playing a single unique character in a cast of dozens, and these are games that are so indie that they wouldn't even qualify for Steam Greenlight. I suppose that's more testament to networking than anything else (it's amazing the professional voice talent some of these nobody indie devs in Japan can scrape up for their products. Comparison: It'd be like some indie dev getting Nolan North and all his best friends in the industry to voice their game. Except in a country where voiceover work is actually respected and even celebrated.)

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 2

A mod to make dragon fights harder is a necessity. I can only think of two off-hand, one added a bunch of rainbow dragon otherkin garbage and 25235mb of irrelevant garbage, so I never downloaded that. The one I got took things a bit too far and gave every dragon the ability to use Alduin's meteor shower shout (with buffed damage, totally ignoring player level,) as well as summoning other dragons for support. It also causes their wingflaps and landings to make you go flying and ragdoll. It's fun when it's not ludicrously murdering every NPC in every town with a hail of meteorites.

I wish there was a mod to make Delphine killable would be the ultimate 10/10 best mod ever for Skyrim.

I'm planning on using several Dragon mods. I want the ones that add more dragon varieties and the ones that make the battles harder. Also there is one that adds uber- dragons to the game that looks cool. 

John Milton 

Finally giving Dishonored a chance.  Not bad so far, but the world seems very empty.  I was expecting some Assassin's Creed-esque populations, but apparently there's like 3 guards, 2 rats, and 1 infected guy in the entire city.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Made my way up Black Mountain and reunited Tabitha with her robot, only ever been up there once before and things didn't end so happily.  The sun was just setting as they walked off into the wastes, I like the notion that they're on some bigger quest, it'd make a cool comic.

You probably also want the Really Useful Dragons mod.

I thought this was a serious Dragon Mod at first, :lol:

John Milton 

Half way through Castlevania LoS2, the reviewers are full of ****, if you liked LoS1 you will like LoS2.

Finally giving Dishonored a chance.  Not bad so far, but the world seems very empty.  I was expecting some Assassin's Creed-esque populations, but apparently there's like 3 guards, 2 rats, and 1 infected guy in the entire city.

Part of the atmosphere I think they were going for.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Well if you count all the corpses, it's a decently populated city.  I thought they did a pretty good job of portraying a city decimated by a plague.  

All I wanted to do was play the new Shadowrun Returns campaigm. I come home and... Steam won't go in to online mode. I have no clue as to why. *sigh*  :banghead:

G´Heh, so typical. After I typed this, it worked. 20th time is the charm.

Edited by Labadal

All I wanted to do was play the new Shadowrun Returns campaigm. I come home and... Steam won't go in to online mode. I have no clue as to why. *sigh*  :banghead:

G´Heh, so typical. After I typed this, it worked. 20th time is the charm.

I get that sometimes. Either log out of Steam and wait a few mins or restart the computer. Or just keep trying and maybe it'll work. :p