Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Year Resolutions

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I didn't drink enough beer last year, gonna remedy that. Am also determined to up my pizza consumption.

Have you considered sleeping in a giant calzone? Then you could snack in your sleep.

• Monte Carlo, BruceVC, Keyrock and 1 other like this

Kroney

Kroney

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 37 posts

I'm entering my mid-thirties this year, so I'll probably have to do something about losing some weight. I'm not fat, as such, but my God-given Latino style snakehips are starting to look a little out of place after a good fifteen years of booze and chips.

• BruceVC likes this

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm entering my mid-thirties this year, so I'll probably have to do something about losing some weight. I'm not fat, as such, but my God-given Latino style snakehips are starting to look a little out of place after a good fifteen years of booze and chips.

"Like two rulers propping up a bean bag"

• Kroney likes this

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5240 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

To successfully convince Obama to grow a moustache. 

• Walsingham and Keyrock like this

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3040 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I think I will try to be a little nicer and more polite as a person, less prone to snapping and sarcasm. I'm noticing that the kids are picking up soem of my natural cynicism and caustic "wit," so I think I will try to restrain myself a little more, for their sake.

• Keyrock likes this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7462 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock

To successfully convince Obama to grow a moustache. 

That would be pretty sweet if Obama grew a goatee to play up the whole evil thing with everyone blaming him for everything wrong with the world.  My pops is the best.  It's so easy to get him going.  All I have to do is say "Obama" or he pops up on TV, and my dad will immediately call him a douche and get all flustered and pissed off.  It's hilarious.  If it's not a week I visit, then I call him up and get him going at least once a week.  Good times.

Edited by Keyrock, 30 December 2013 - 08:10 AM.

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6720 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Kickstarter Backer

I didn't drink enough beer last year, gonna remedy that. Am also determined to up my pizza consumption.

Have you considered sleeping in a giant calzone? Then you could snack in your sleep.

I don't know why I didn't think of that before. You are a very clever bloke.

Anyhoo...

bad-joke-eel-meme.jpg

• Walsingham, ShadySands, Serrano and 3 others like this

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 7462 posts

I think I will try to be a little nicer and more polite as a person, less prone to snapping and sarcasm. I'm noticing that the kids are picking up soem of my natural cynicism and caustic "wit," so I think I will try to restrain myself a little more, for their sake.

I successfully pulled that off over the past year and a half or so (though without it being any sort of strict resolution).  I still swear a bit, but not as much as I used to, and I'm a lot more mellow about everything, taking things in stride.  I still will get worked up once in a while, but I cool off much more quickly and generally before I do or say something I later regret.

• Nonek likes this

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3020 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So essentially be a little less English?
  • Walsingham, Nonek and Keyrock like this

Nonek

Nonek

• Members
  • 3040 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Quite.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I could never stop swearing completely. Obviously, I can't swear at work, but other than that, I have a swear jar that is always full of coins. That's how I paid for my first PlayStation 3.

I had the no swearing new years resolution one year. I think I lasted 5 minutes before someone drooped their drink and my shirt got a stain.

Edited by Labadal, 30 December 2013 - 11:45 AM.

• BruceVC likes this

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I could never stop swearing completely. Obviously, I can't swear at work, but other than that, I have a swear jar that is always full of coins. That's how I paid for my first PlayStation 3.

I had the no swearing new years resolution one year. I think I lasted 5 minutes before someone drooped their drink and my shirt got a stain.

'funt'

'feth'

'gak'

These are your new best friends.

Woldan

Woldan

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

* Not to cut my scalp hair for 365 days 
* To cut down on sugar and eat more fruits / vegetables
* To look (harder) for a GF

* To finally visit Iceland. I've always wanted to go there (via ship, to get a sense of its remote location) and make an extended hike from one end of the island to the other while making a gazillion of photos far away from overcrowded tourism areas. 

• BruceVC and Nonek like this

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

'funt'

'feth'

'gak'

These are your new best friends.

As long as they are fake swear words, I can't use them. The knowledge that they are not real does not make them satisfactory words to use.

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3020 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I resolve to post more beautiful women, bring my GPA up, and find a better apartment.
  • Walsingham likes this

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4358 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

:lol: well 5 minutes is still something to be proud of

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2658 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

Well, I've thought about it and my resolutions are:

- To start excercising on a more regular basis, specifically do more cardio on my hometrainer. I've been so sedentary recently that I need to keep my body in shape.

- Work more on personal projects for my portfolio, specifically a set of long-neglected projects that have been taking far too long.

I'm not going to set dates or anything because my mind is a bastard and if I miss one date it takes over and goes "psh, why even bother, you're already a failure, why not just curl up into the fetal position and never do anything ever again, ever?"

• BruceVC likes this

Nonek

Nonek

• Members
  • 3040 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

* To finally visit Iceland. I've always wanted to go there (via ship, to get a sense of its remote location) and make an extended hike from one end of the island to the other while making a gazillion of photos far away from overcrowded tourism areas. 

I've always wanted to visit Thingvellir (apologies for the spelling Icelandic cousins) and the island of Surtsey, see some of the newest parts of the Earth and the site of one of the first parliaments. Snorri Sturlusson's fault.

• Woldan likes this

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 5009 posts

For 2014 to be even more awesome than 2013. :) (and listen to more music/see more culture - preferably classic, opera and theatre)

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 7462 posts

* To look (harder) for a GF

I first read that as "To look (harder) for a gif"  :lol:

Here you go:

The_586f27_833170.gif

Edited by Keyrock, 31 December 2013 - 06:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users