What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

Stopped by my local ramen shop because they are having special Cinco de Mayo themed dishes

10169391_645980185471899_669263846472128

Posole ramen -  shredded pork, white onion, radish, hominy, avocado, soft egg

That's looks soooooooo yummy and healthy :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Thanks 

It was very good though I'm not sure how good it was for me

I usually don't like hominy either but that's probably because the only other dish I can think of with hominy in it is menudo and I'm not a fan

Free games updated 3/4/21

Big salad - grape tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, cracked black pepper, shaved parmesan, mixed greens, dill, chives, homemade sesame balsamic vinaigrette  

Shady remember if you get the chance to try that restaurant we discussed, I'm keen to see what you and the missus think :)

http://buckhorn.com/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I was lazy yesterday. Left some steak in some marinade in the fridge for a few hours and tossed it on the BBQ. Put some potatoes in the Microwave and 10 minutes later, dinner was ready. Add a bit of butter and garlic salt to "baked" potatoes.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I was lazy yesterday. Left some steak in some marinade in the fridge for a few hours and tossed it on the BBQ. Put some potatoes in the Microwave and 10 minutes later, dinner was ready. Add a bit of butter and garlic salt to "baked" potatoes.

Gorthfucius !!!!

Where have you been, it seems like ages since I read one of your erudite and omnipotent posts

John Milton 

Thanks 

It was very good though I'm not sure how good it was for me

I usually don't like hominy either but that's probably because the only other dish I can think of with hominy in it is menudo and I'm not a fan

My kids live off Pozole, which is basically the opposite of Menudo.

Gorthfucius !!!!

Where have you been, it seems like ages since I read one of your erudite and omnipotent posts

Just keeping a low profile...

Lurking a lot, but not playing a wide variety of games at the moment and only a cursory interest in remote world events (and local events being rather yawn inducing), simply haven't had much of value to add to discussions.

I know silence is golden, but sadly the world market hasn't put a dollar per ounce price on it yet.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I had never had octopus before

10294458_647772131959371_476235699570009

You kidding me about not eating Octopus before? You are such an adventurous eater I would have thought your folks would have had you munching on a nice octopus tentacle when you were "knee high to a grasshopper" ? ;)

But I assume you have eaten calamari before which is squid and  from the same family as octopus...so the tastes are very similar

John Milton 

I just had a thought: if octopi have most of their neurons in their arms then aren't you basically eating brains?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just had a thought: if octopi have most of their neurons in their arms then aren't you basically eating brains?

:lol:

The thing is I do eat brain, I have eaten sheep and calf brain. Obviously when its served it looks nothing like a brain. I've had it sliced thin and with a good sauce like a Sage sauce

John Milton 

I'd certainly try brains, if I saw any going. I've handled a human brain (pickled). Surprisingly firm.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got a b-day dinner tonight at a really popular and funky restaurant called Licorish Bistro.

Check out the menu, I am definetely going to order something with Bone Marrow

http://www.licorish.co.za/

:dancing:

• Like 1

John Milton 

I bought t-bone steaks and had these charcoal grilled yesterday, served with an almost glutinous primitivo red. Rubbed the steaks with oil and chipotle chillis, let them come to warm room temperature just before grilling on a very hot heat. Served with good quality salt, eaten off the bone by hand.

What a flavour! Don't know if t-bones are normally so good or if my butchers excelled themselves.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

Hit up 333 Pacific while the 'rents were in town. Well, one 'rent and his wife, but she's cool. 

Normally I don't like bleu cheese, but this Kobe beef meatloaf made me realize I really don't like it. Riddled with mold, indeed. The potatoes and asparagus were good, but the whole dish was a sodium bomb. 

333kobe_zps2a91c8c3.jpg

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

Hit up 333 Pacific while the 'rents were in town. Well, one 'rent and his wife, but she's cool. 

Normally I don't like bleu cheese, but this Kobe beef meatloaf made me realize I really don't like it. Riddled with mold, indeed. The potatoes and asparagus were good, but the whole dish was a sodium bomb. 

333kobe_zps2a91c8c3.jpg

That looks very tasty, not something you would eat too often but  delicious enough. Do you know what type of Blue cheese it was?

John Milton