What you did today

Rosbjerg

Walking out of the hospital today, heard a familiar cry and looked up. Three vultures circling in the sky at least from the wing span and appearance, seemed like a fair guess although I am no ornithologist.  Talk about a good omen for people visiting.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Walking out of the hospital today, heard a familiar cry and looked up. Three vultures circling in the sky at least from the wing span and appearance, seemed like a fair guess although I am no ornithologist.  Talk about a good omen for people visiting.

Wait. Familiar cry?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's quite a funny story :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wait. Familiar cry?

Sounded exactly like the call in "Passchendaele" by IM to me.  Should have taken a photo, they could be eagles, but a group of them circling at 75-100 feet seems unlikely.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

When they did some expansion during boom times, they upended a vulture rookery.

They moved to an area behind my house for awhile (about 3 years), which was fun as they're huge birds and I admit it was funny seeing all the small animals run away when they saw their shadow flying across the yard.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They moved to an area behind my house for awhile (about 3 years), which was fun as they're huge birds and I admit it was funny seeing all the small animals run away when they saw their shadow flying across the yard.

A buddy of mine has a koi pond and he had to drape a net over the water portion to prevent hawks from stealing all his fish.

Well it was funny because they weren't after them (but there are birds of prey in the area so big bird shadow = run for cover).

The vultures just sat in the road eating road kill.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

A buddy of mine has a koi pond and he had to drape a net over the water portion to prevent hawks from stealing all his fish.

My dad has this problem, but with herons.  He uses a net in the fall/winter to keep leaves out, but in the summertime he mostly relies on the pond being deep enough at one end (probably 4-5 feet) that the fish can be safe there. 

At work we went skating in the local hockey arena. The kids were exhausted after we were done. Almost all of them had blisters and sore feet but they all thought it was worth it. Some of these kids did this for the first time. Their expressions were priceless. It's days like these that makes this work worth it.

Winter arrived over night, storms, lots of snow,  -16 Celsius. Oh well, gotta see the good in everything, a  welcome change to the blistering heat we had here in summer. I prefer frostbite over sun strokes any day.  

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Realised how old my 'Complete HTML Reference' book is when it starts mentioning Netscape Navigator....

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I went to a Star Wars exhibit at the San Jose Tech Museum.  It was pretty cool, they had a ton of the models from the movies.  The kids had a blast and now I'm enjoying some nice downtime with one asleep and the other watching a movie.

• Like 2

heh, I actually read that as "heard a family cry and looked up" .. thought maybe Mal was just being a little insensitive.

That too, you dismember one corpse on the street and people just raise hell. 

Laughing at myself on how my day was ruined by finding out I need to get two fillings due to tooth damage (clenching my teeth while I sleep I guess).  Little things have big effects I guess.

• Like 1

Played lots of table tennis and eight ball today.

Waiting for the big update for Project Eternity. I won't go to sleep until I have seen and read it. Hopefully the update happens early enough for me to at least get 6 hours of sleep.

I tried to remove a piece of food that is stuck between my last two back teeth...and failed. Its so far back in my mouth I cant reach it with dental floss without cutting the corners of my mouth giving myself a Joker-grin, the tooth picks are too soft and brushing my teeth like a maniac on speed didn't work either. Now it hurts and it feels like I have a nail stuck between my teeth, the pressure feeling sucks . As if that wasn't enough I'm getting an inflammation there. 

Amazing how easily a day is ruined.  >_<

You know, I think I'll need a few shots of Vodka to wash my mouth and ease the annoying pain.  :shifty:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I tried to remove a piece of food that is stuck between my last two back teeth...and failed. Its so far back in my mouth I cant reach it with dental floss without cutting the corners of my mouth giving myself a Joker-grin, the tooth picks are too soft and brushing my teeth like a maniac on speed didn't work either. Now it hurts and it feels like I have a nail stuck between my teeth, the pressure feeling sucks . As if that wasn't enough I'm getting an inflammation there. 

Amazing how easily a day is ruined.  >_<

You know, I think I'll need a few shots of Vodka to wash my mouth and ease the annoying pain.  :shifty:

Back when women frequented my dwelling one of them left some bloody useful tweezers in the bathroom.

You need tweezers, the kind with the bend at the end.

Failing that, soften whatever it is with warm water.

EDIT:

I just realised that Project Eternity should be coming out next year! I'd been deliberately not thinking about it, and now I have to calm down.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Amazing how easily a day is ruined.  >_

Maybe try a "floss pick" for it?

My sister volunteered me as tech support to one of her friends, so looks like I'm going to spend a chunk of my evening trying to fix a laptop from some unnamed problem while their kids dance around impatiently.

• Like 1

My sister volunteered me as tech support to one of her friends, so looks like I'm going to spend a chunk of my evening trying to fix a laptop from some unnamed problem while their kids dance around impatiently.

Virus scan, uninstall tool bars, re-enable user-disabled virus software, tell them to stop disabling the software you put on to protect their machine, leave, get called two weeks later, rinse, repeat.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Virus scan, uninstall tool bars, re-enable user-disabled virus software, tell them to stop disabling the software you put on to protect their machine, leave, get called two weeks later, rinse, repeat.

Yup. That's the standard. I tend to include throwing on CCleaner and running that through as well.

"My sister volunteered me as tech support"...you male me laugh ... :lol:

Just a tip, run MSCONFIG and you can see what programs are starting up, try disabling what they don't need. This will also show you if something hidden is running :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela