Since the big update will be Nov 26, can we have an update this week?

Are you guys planning to do an update this week? Even just another Q&A would be nice.

None of the journalists took any pictures of the art that Josh put in his GDC presentation codex_troll.png

So a couple of those companion portraits would be nice :cat:

I'm actually surprised more photos weren't taken at the event.  There was a lot of new artwork in the presentation (e.g. two companion portraits).
Edited by Sensuki

But...?

http://schedule.gdcnext.com/session-id/826865

Vault Recording: Video

Uh Osvir, you can't click on video on that page.  Sensuki already mentioned it was behind a pay wall in the actual thread about that conference.

Oh I didn't know it was behind a pay wall. I know about the link stuff, what I was going for was "Won't it eventually be out?".

They've been doing bi-weekly updates for a while, and the last one was a month's gap. If they're going by symmetry then there will not be an update this week and we'll have to wait a month from the last update to get the big one.

Still I don't think a Q&A is unreasonable, it takes up a lot less time than the others I am sure. There's still a few people that have been working on the game for a while now that haven't done a Q&A - Jorge Salgado, Sean Dunny, Antonio Bovela, James Chea, (we've heard about Antonio in an art update though).

The Contract Writer position has been filled and so have the Environment Art positions.

Edited by Sensuki

LOL So? That doesn't mean that the BIG update they promised us will occur on the 26th.

In fact, If I was a betting man, I'd say that we won't be getting the big update until the tuesday before they go off for their holiday break. (which would be well into December) If even that. They gave no date for it.

Edited by Stun

Bet away, I'd be happy to take your money.

November’s right around the corner, and here in the States, we have an upcoming holiday called Thanksgiving near the end of the month. It’s supposed to be a time where we give thanks for the harvest and reflect on the past year.

It seemed rather appropriate to have a bigger than normal update coming before this holiday and we’re cooking a big one for you! This turkey dinner is going to be large and in charge... It’ll show a bunch of new stuff we haven’t shown anyone outside the studio yet and one of the side dishes coming with it is the new site.

• Like 2

As much as I enjoy getting an e-mail in my inbox informing me that a new update is ready to be read, I'm actually fine with a slow down to the release of information. No offense to Obsidian and its developers, but a lot of times it has felt like trying to fill dead air when they've adhered to the strict weekly and then bi-weekly update schedule. If we get the "big update" in time for Thanksgiving, then awesome, but if not then I'll be glad that extra time is being devoted to putting out an update that will try to live up to the hype.

I thought the big one was going to be this week?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

LOL So? That doesn't mean that the BIG update they promised us will occur on the 26th.

In fact, If I was a betting man, I'd say that we won't be getting the big update until the tuesday before they go off for their holiday break. (which would be well into December) If even that. They gave no date for it.

They said it was a thanksgiving thing so if it doesn't happen until weeks after that'd be a bit weird