What's on the idiot box... Part 2

Rosbjerg

Old thread here.

I've been watching season 4 of The Walking Dead - and those 2 episodes gave me hope.

I really think one of the scientists is going to die.  I'm leaning towards the male scientist, Fitz, since he's the techie and his skills in that area overlap with Skye's (and I don't think they're planning to kill her). 

But they're also using the scientists interchangeably a lot, which really means there's no story reason to keep both of them (and they're taking time from developing the other characters) and lots of story reason to get rid of one of them.

Fitz is an engineer, Simmons is a biologist. Fitz's role is dealing with the experimental tech and such they encounter, Skye couldn't fill that role. I did think it was funny having that other hacker dude using SHIELD's crazy no-one-else-on-earth-has-this operating system and being able to hack into electronic locks and such within seconds.

Joined the Disney Movie Club, Gargoyles Season 2 Part 2 is an exclusive, so I bought it.

Anyone watch Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and catch the Star Wars reference? Red Queen and Jafar were discussing what monster they could subject Alice to and Red Queen suggested the Sarlacc, which would digest her for a thousand years.

Hm.

Just found out that after pretty much 30 years since the first season ended..  they've produced a 2nd season to the children's cartoon "The Mysterious Cities of Gold"....

My mind is boggled.

• Like 7

Fortune favors the bald.

Hm. Not sure what to make of Dracula.

The acting is fairly decent, but they've got the Order of the Dragon as some kind of inquisitorial illuminate corrupted by greed , and a Van Helsing and Dracula team up as both wish to pour vengeance on said Order...   And they're throwing in elements of Tesla science to almost add a slight steam-punk Victorian feel to things. That, and Renfield is a rather large black butler/manservant type. Looks like he's going to have an interesting character and some entertaining lines.

I think I might try a few more episodes out of curiousity.

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I really think one of the scientists is going to die.  I'm leaning towards the male scientist, Fitz, since he's the techie and his skills in that area overlap with Skye's (and I don't think they're planning to kill her). 

But they're also using the scientists interchangeably a lot, which really means there's no story reason to keep both of them (and they're taking time from developing the other characters) and lots of story reason to get rid of one of them.

Fitz is an engineer, Simmons is a biologist. Fitz's role is dealing with the experimental tech and such they encounter, Skye couldn't fill that role. I did think it was funny having that other hacker dude using SHIELD's crazy no-one-else-on-earth-has-this operating system and being able to hack into electronic locks and such within seconds.

Sure Skye could - in episodes already aired - Simmons has filled in for Fitz on their technology and Skye's been shown to have more technological savvy than Simmons.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It was so weird just now, I saw Glenn from Walking Dead come down the stairs in a one-line speaking part on Big Bang Theory. He tells Leonard to "run fast, run far, dude!" in the flashback episode where Sheldon and Leonard first meet. The episode was from 2010 ... WD started in 2010 ... I don't know, it was fun to see an established actor get their start.

Edit: I'm not watching Season 4 yet, so if he's dead already, don't tell me. :no:  

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

Sure Skye could - in episodes already aired - Simmons has filled in for Fitz on their technology and Skye's been shown to have more technological savvy than Simmons.

Skye is a hacker with no formal education, she can do computers, but I doubt she could design and build prototype weaponry.

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Walking Dead:  Carol ... oh my. If it's true, for me that puts her out of the potential hard and practical but kinda badA category and into the "might be a bit too crazy" category. However, there's the possibility that instead of what she claimed to Rick, it's really that

the little girl stabbed the two people, Carol caught her at it (or the girl confessed to her right after doing it, looking for approval from Carol), and in order to protect the girl, Carol covers it up/lies and takes the blame. 

...at least that storyline is somewhat intriguing.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Member C2B notiiced Nuka Break Season 2 is out!

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64551-nuka-break-season-2-featuring-chris-avellone-and-tim-cain/

EDIT: Oh yeah, and it's only got Chris Avellone and Tim Cain in it!

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Didn't say she could - so far Fitz hasn't really had to either.

didn't he build that super tranq gun Coulson uses?

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Don't remember.  But how often since that have they needed him to invent something on the fly?  They've even had Simmons running the tech stuff at times.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Don't remember. But how often since that have they needed him to invent something on the fly? They've even had Simmons running the tech stuff at times.

She usually handles tech stuff when its something like the centipede bracelet or the ocular implant, stuff that requires a knowledge of biology as well. Either way I doubt anyone will die in the first season. Not Whedon's style. He has to make you love them before killing them.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

My nerd queen Ms. Felicia Day held court in an episode of Supernatural. She was funny and cute, as always, but I can't for the life of me understand the appeal of the show as a whole. Maybe I should watch it more before commenting.

I feel the same about the show. Arrow as well.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I think one of the things about Arrow that keeps a lot of the female crowd happy are the sheer amount of topless workout scenes with a certain main character...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My nerd queen Ms. Felicia Day held court in an episode of Supernatural. She was funny and cute, as always, but I can't for the life of me understand the appeal of the show as a whole. Maybe I should watch it more before commenting.

I find a lot of shows are better if you watch from the beginning rather than jumping in randomly. I tried watching a couple eps of Stargate around season 3 or 4 and didn't like it. Caught the first 4 in a marathon and was hooked.

• Like 2

Devastatorsig.jpg

I like Supernatural quite a bit but I came to it a bit late which allowed me to watch all of the first 4 or so seasons back to back . I will say that the quality varies greatly from episode to episode and season to season

Classic rock, random pop culture references, the occasional hot woman, and killing monsters

Arrow, I like but not nearly as much. The main actor guy annoys me all the time

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

The main actor is the worst part of Arrow. He has no charisma. Luckily almost every other character in the show makes up for him.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think it's a show for couples. The guys get to enjoy the supernatural monsters, the gore, the action. The girls can enjoy the pouty borderline slash relationship of the wooby brothers (and their favourite angel) and see these guys rescue the damsels in distress over and over.

Personally I enjoy it. I dig me some monsters and it's pretty funny to boot.

Now, Arrow, on the other hand, I watched four episodes (my mandatory "lets see if it gets better" number of episodes I try to watch before judging something) of and really disliked it. If I wanted to watch Batman Begins I'd pop in my DVD.

• Like 2

Season 2 of Arrow is better so far. With The Undertaking happening and Ollie's list being moot, he's starting to take a more traditional Protect the innocent role. Plus all the DC name drops and cameo characters.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm with TN. Arrow doesn't feel like Green Arrow, more like Batman with a bow.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands