What you did today

Rosbjerg

Depression also makes you disinterested in almost everything. You can look at a large list of fun things to do, shrug your shoulders and go "meh, I dunno".

Saw this on reddit yesterday btw: http://media.utoronto.ca/media-releases/moderate-exercise-not-only-treats-but-prevents-depression/

Always knew my mom's advice of "Get off your sorry ass" was probably on to something :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You just have to make sure that striking outwards is somewhat metaphorical and you don't try to use anger and a cricket bat to do so...

I find a good cup of tea always helps to calm things down :woot:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The government puts stuff in the water to turn people gay or make them sterile.

I KNEW IT!  :lol:
that's why I only drink rainwater and pure-grain alcohol.points if you get the reference

Dr.Strangelove?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

oh man the feels. I decided to watch an episode of Star Trek DS9 to procrastinate, woe unto me when it was S4E02 - "The Visitor" .. Which really struck me right in the heart strings.. whew, I don't think I've cried like that in years.

Also, study study study.. Reading about tolerance towards heretic beliefs in early modernity England. Part of my class with the beautiful title "Religious tolerance and uniformity in early modern European history" ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Had one of those days where the sheer absurdity of my cases has reached epic proportions, but for that precise reason I can't talk about it on the off chance that the individuals might be identified...

Apart from that, third day after vacation and having trouble staying awake :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Also, study study study.. Reading about tolerance towards heretic beliefs in early modernity England. Part of my class with the beautiful title "Religious tolerance and uniformity in early modern European history" ..

Heh, well you did know that a large grouping of the folks who went to America to start the early colonies did so because they didn't like the amount of religious freedom's that were being granted in England at the time? They thought it was wrong not to be able to persecute people with religious differences and as such, it was persecuting them to not allow them to do so...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Dr.Strangelove?

the very same. Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Not before this class no, there's actually been a lot of surprises. Seems 16th century Europe was a fair bit more tolerant than modern history usually portrays.

It's interesting how historical perspective can shift things. The church was actually a big backer of scientific advancement during that time frame, even the whole thing with Galileo wasn't as cut and dried as so many people like to think. But we have this big view of the church during the middle ages and renaissance period as firmly anti-science for some reason.

Actually, for a fictional read that has a lot of good history of the early 1600's in it, have you followed any of Eric Flint's Ring of Fire?

Edited by Raithe

Had lunch with some friends. The place was full but we got a table that was supposedly reserved in a more isolated area of the restauran. Felt good to not be in the middle of the rush. We had Thai buffet and I ate like a beast, fried chicken rolls filled with vegetables. Homemade meatballs in some sauce, chicken stew, beef and pork.

Then I bought myself new wiireless headphones. The range is 15 meters, so I can have them on everywhere in the house.

I really needed to have this time off work. Four more days to go!

• Like 3

Had lunch with some friends. The place was full but we got a table that was supposedly reserved in a more isolated area of the restauran. Felt good to not be in the middle of the rush. We had Thai buffet and I ate like a beast, fried chicken rolls filled with vegetables. Homemade meatballs in some sauce, chicken stew, beef and pork.

Then I bought myself new wiireless headphones. The range is 15 meters, so I can have them on everywhere in the house.

I really needed to have this time off work. Four more days to go!

Sounds like an almost relaxing yet productive day of leave, nice one :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Managed to lift my false vocal chords away from where they should be. Can't talk much. Good fun, though.

Sitting with friend, drinking drinktails, and watching District 9.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Studying for an exam. Will probably pick up Sandman Overture later.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Felt a serious chocolate deficiency and rushed down to the late open store and bought chocolate milk.. Damn this is heaven, until I realized I haven't been drinking milk in a year or so.. now my stomach is cramping.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Hm, someone I know was having a bad day, so I sent them this :

wrong.jpg

Then promptly got yelled at because I was sending them a "rape joke" and did I think it was funny?

When I replied that to my mind it wasn't so much a joke as a yardstick on dealing with crap and bad things happening in my life and that if it wasn't that bad it meant it was something you could survive, and thus a way to keep somewhat sane and moving forward through the bad things in life.

So I was basically yelled at again and told that I should have been apologising for sending it it in the first place and was thus incredibly dense and insensitive to women.

Woops.

• Like 1

The moral of the story is don't interact with women, stick to sluts, whores, and floozies.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

wrong.jpg

Then promptly got yelled at because I was sending them a "rape joke" and did I think it was funny?

When I replied that to my mind it wasn't so much a joke as a yardstick on dealing with crap and bad things happening in my life and that if it wasn't that bad it meant it was something you could survive, and thus a way to keep somewhat sane and moving forward through the bad things in life.

So I was basically yelled at again and told that I should have been apologising for sending it it in the first place and was thus incredibly dense and insensitive to women.

Woops.

You should have replied that the dog was male and that she was a sexist bitch for assuming that males can not be adversely affected by being raped.

• Like 6

wrong.jpg

Woops.

Its interesting because I can completely understand the humour in this joke and the purpose of it. But I can also see how most women would have been offended by it and misunderstood its point. Women want true sensitivity when they are having a bad day or  are depressed but men can handle bad situations through indifference or sarcasm. So your story demonstrates the  classic difference between the way men and women think :)

John Milton 

There is a level of civility that hysterics lose by means of their outrage, if she thought it inappropriate she could had just said so in a polite manner. Most situations are likely better handled through communication and if that fails at least you can proceed with further actions knowing that you tried.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Context: I understand there has been a degree of recent trouble in the UK media about people making rape jokes. Thus the young lady might have assumed Raithe should know better.

Further, isn't it more of a bestiality joke? Or racist about foxes? The possibilities are endless.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Context: I understand there has been a degree of recent trouble in the UK media about people making rape jokes. Thus the young lady might have assumed Raithe should know better.

Further, isn't it more of a bestiality joke? Or racist about foxes? The possibilities are endless.

I have to add I don't see anything funny about a rape joke about women in any context.

John Milton 

Another reason to just not make jokes. Also, it's raining all day today so say the forecast - this is good as there will be less trick or treaters out, hopefully. Or at the very least, they'll be miserable.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

insert snappy topical joke here

"Rape is never funny, unless you're raped by a clown" (oh how I hate that joke, it isn't even funny)

insert anecdote about personal life here "I did some things and then went back to bed" or "spent most of my day browsing this forum like a junkie. Also, I took a long walk with my friend because it's wise to make use of what light there is in winter when you are at risk from SAD. Made my own dinner" (actually that was yesterday)

insert funny or self-depreciating comment in order to get people to like me better "I might shake up this post by deconstructing it, it will be so meta!" or "My life is so interesting, lol"

return to voicing opinions in treads to help alienate others. "EA sucks balls"

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.