SW: The Old Republic - Episode VI (The Old Menace)

Gorth

8)  

Mind you, i don't really follow the EU stuff other than the in-game references. I read three of the paperback books many years ago, found them a bit too silly, only one I liked was a blue skinned guy Name Thrawn or some such. After one about some species that sounded like a Monty Python skit, Neowumpingzooo.... (the Knights who formerly said Ni!)  or some such, I dropped it. I doubt I'm the only one, hence the desire for something "recognizable" :)

If that satisfies your basic EU overview there? ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You should hunt down the graphic novels that started the whole "5,000 years before Star Wars" setup.

They're not too bad, and they lay out a lot of what got used as a basis for the KOTOR games.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You should hunt down the graphic novels that started the whole "5,000 years before Star Wars" setup.

They're not too bad, and they lay out a lot of what got used as a basis for the KOTOR games.

... <owns them all.

Also I've gotten back into this kinda... managed to finally get a toon to the max level and then just have no idea what to do.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

... <owns them all.

Also I've gotten back into this kinda... managed to finally get a toon to the max level and then just have no idea what to do.

Heh, then Calax, maybe you should take a look at the Knights of the Old Republic run they did - the introduction of Zayne Carrick, and the early simmerings of the Mandalorian war and all that jazz?

Once you hit that point in-game, have you looked at the CZ-198 and Oricon stuff yet?

... <owns them all.

Heh, then Calax, maybe you should take a look at the Knights of the Old Republic run they did - the introduction of Zayne Carrick, and the early simmerings of the Mandalorian war and all that jazz?

Once you hit that point in-game, have you looked at the CZ-198 and Oricon stuff yet?

did the intro to Oricon but not CZ although I did the flashpoints for that and for the Return of "Jedi superman".

did the intro to Oricon but not CZ although I did the flashpoints for that and for the Return of "Jedi superman".

CZ doesn't really have much in the way of Story. An intro dialogue and a debriefing after the Titans of Industry mission (which is just doing the 2 flashpoints, labs and meltdown one after the other).

Have you done Makeb? It was mildly interesting the first time, but subsequent toons was just boring because it's the same story for all classes, only the factions are different. Several of my imperial toons have only done "enough" (the first little bit) to unlock the taxi to the mesa with Toborros Courtyard (on Republic side it's immediately accessible).

Edit: Come to think of it, I haven't actually bothered finishing it yet on any Republic toons. The high mob density and immediate grind just turned me off at the time of release.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have to admit, I ran Makeb first with my Sith Assassin and then did the dailies.. and it has its grind but it wasn't a problem.

I then ran the Republic side dailies/weekly with my Smuggler, and holy hell, that was painful. So many freaking mobs and longer routes to get anywhere, it felt like I could barely move 5 paces without having another grinding combat. All these things that should take 5-10 minutes to run through and it took me about 4 hours to get through them.

I've pretty m uch promised myself never to repeat that experience... :shifty:

CZ doesn't really have much in the way of Story. An intro dialogue and a debriefing after the Titans of Industry mission (which is just doing the 2 flashpoints, labs and meltdown one after the other).

Have you done Makeb? It was mildly interesting the first time, but subsequent toons was just boring because it's the same story for all classes, only the factions are different. Several of my imperial toons have only done "enough" (the first little bit) to unlock the taxi to the mesa with Toborros Courtyard (on Republic side it's immediately accessible).

Edit: Come to think of it, I haven't actually bothered finishing it yet on any Republic toons. The high mob density and immediate grind just turned me off at the time of release.

I think I got through most of Makeb. Overall it's kinda boring, and right now I'm more interested in trying out an Operation, but the guild I joined doesn't have em going on when I'm online.

They've turned down the mob intensity and given you an GSI buff when you're on planet to get through the area quicker. 

And Gorth, about that returning character, I'm really sensing a lot of Kreia in him now. I like where the storyline is going. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

They've turned down the mob intensity and given you an GSI buff when you're on planet to get through the area quicker. 

And Gorth, about that returning character, I'm really sensing a lot of Kreia in him now. I like where the storyline is going.

Don't get me started on what Bioware did with Kreia... that was beyond embarrassing. I would recommend that writer to start writing under a pseudonym :lol:

Right... I remember reading something about that buff on Makeb. Sort of a Bolster "Light Version". I guess i should finish it at least once on Republic side.

Edit: Since I enjoy playing healer on my operative, I started levelling up a sage and a sorcerer, both healers. The latter aptly named 'Malpractise'. I got the Rakghoul Event currency to get him the Diseased Varactyl (or was that infected?) next time the event comes around :p

Don't get me started on what Bioware did with Kreia... that was beyond embarrassing. I would recommend that writer to start writing under a pseudonym

Funny enough, there's nothing in the game that supports that, I don't make that connection personally. It was Drew and the other writers that no longer work there that said that, and even then it was mostly a "maybe". Drew left Bioware. 

I just looked at wookiepedia, nothing of SWTOR is mentioned in Kreia's page (they probably erased it). So for whatever it's worth, Kreia died on Malachor and that thing on Corellia isn't her ghost. 

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

double xp weekends are your friend. Gromnir only levels characters at such times. can get from level 40 to 55 in one weekend if you got the flashpoint xp bonus perk maxed plus you use the 1-3 hour +25% xp bonus buffs. level 35-50 is likely the slowest leveling portion o' the game. do only planet critical path, and stay in fp que all the time. in any event, three such weekends is all it takes to complete level a toon. however, there is three (four) drawbacks:

1) 2x xp weekends happen 'bout once per month, so this is a three month plan.

2) you will need to spend five hours per day on friday, saturday and sunday o' a 2xp weekend to get enough xp.

3) doing fps with the people who do flashpoints will make you hate everybody.

edit 4) your companions will likely be having relative low affection... if you care 'bout such stuff.

am only slight kidding 'bout #3. if you constant run fps, you will run into many horrible players who gots bad attitudes and limited vocabularies. you will grow to hate fps and the people on your server.

HA! Good Fun!

ps we use fps to level 'cause typical the xp is better and 'cause it means we stay well-geared without wasting time sending gear from one toon to another. you do run the risk o' over-leveling from the fps, so sometimes you will need to drop your fp que as you don't wanna be wasting game time wherein you will be receiving no xp. it is kinda surprising just how brief a planet's critical path typical is.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am only slight kidding 'bout #3. if you constant run fps, you will run into many horrible players who gots bad attitudes and limited vocabularies. you will grow to hate fps and the people on your server.

(insert hysterical laughter here) :woot:

Yeah, there really are some atrociously bad personalities (not even talking skill, just attitude) amongst the pug crowds.

Quit the guild that my main characters were members of for a while. Call me old fashioned, but when the People I was supposed to run HM Ops with spend more time farming the NiM Nefra exploit and become way overgeared (not talking about trying it once or twice to satisfy curiosity, but farming it weekly on all their alts) rather than actually getting better at playing the game, you know you have a Problem. time to cut losses and see if it's possible to find people who prefer to learn and progress at the same time.

spend more time farming the NiM Nefra exploit 

Explain this to me.

spend more time farming the NiM Nefra exploit 

Explain this to me.

They tried to fix it so many times and failed (its a very old bug). Last patch they had a fix too in the patch notes. It's exploiting a bug that means you can 3 man 16m NiM (any mode actually) Nefra without breaking a sweat, just a bit of patience, wait for him to die and scoop up the loot drops. No skill required.

As said, probably old fashioned, but i would like to know when I clear HM (for now) content, it's because I've acquired the skill to do so.

I gotta tell me friends about this bug...

A couple of patches late though... from patch notes 2.9:

•Nefra, Who Bars The Way has a new “Frustrated Howl” ability, and now deals damage to all players participating in her Dread Fortress encounter if she reaches 80% health and is unable to reach a target.

I.e. rather than trying to prevent people from getting Nefra stuck, they made it a suicide move trying to do so.

And tonight I got taken into the first four bosses of Dread Palace hard mode and we managed to kill em all.

Guest Slinky

One of these days I really should get around to doing an Operation...

Unless you are in a good guild with people you like, don't bother.

Operations can be really fun when playing with people you know at least a little while using teamspeak or something to talk with each other, but with random pug groups? Pain and suffering are quite a bit more likely than fun.

(insert hysterical laughter here) :woot:

Yeah, there really are some atrociously bad personalities (not even talking skill, just attitude) amongst the pug crowds.

Played a handful of flashpoints before the Weekend, gearing up my assassin tank. It sort of covered the entire scale from friendly and pleasant to me "abusing" tank status to kick above mentioned attitude Problems ruining the run for everyone else.

On the positive end of the scale (Hardmode CZ Meltdown), despite getting a lightweight (gear, not skill) healer, we got two DPS that were better geared than some countries intelligence Services. Top of the line equipment. Checking Achievements, I guessed they very much "knew their stuff" too. No matter who I would put guard on, the other guy would be able to rip aggro off me at will, so I pretty much said so in Chat. we got a good laugh at that Kind of luxury Problem and agreed they would either just dump aggro or pull boss to right place until I could reacquire it. Smooth run from start to end, guys were as good as i guessed.

Same place, same difficulty, different day and pug Group. Had another low geared (mercenary) healer, but unlike the above, not a lot skill. Has a lot of Problems already at the sandstorm beast, despite us downing the boss after two and a half Generator, None of us has more than 10-15% health left (and various defensive measures and self healfs, med packs etc. on cooldown). Even worse with the Vrblter fight... i didnt even think it was possible to wipe on that one, yet we did several times. Explanation after second wipe "You kept LOS'ing me" (losing line of sight). Sure, we were all Standing in the middle of the effin Arena. Third time, he got eaten by adds, making a Point of running away from both where i could have taunted them and dodging the nice Orbital Bombardment that one the DPS guys fired off. That was by the way the first time I noticed him moving from the spot at all, way to go. Real killer was when one of the DPS lost Connection for 60 seconds and then reconnected. Instead of raising him, the "healer" decided to start a vote kick. Needless to say, kick didn't get any votes, the following vote kick sent the "healer" packing right away though. Some people should have stayed in bed that day :rolleyes:

Had some similar sad stories from a lowbie vanguard tank I'm leveling up, but in the level 35 range I'm just way more patient and tolerant with peoples antics. In Level 55 HM's, i do expect People to meet Minimum requirements in gear and in particular in knowing their role (not the fp mechanics, but their class and the role they queue for).

Now off to practise with my new L55 Guardian tank on Oricon again. Solo runs of the heroics are quite educational in teaching you to get the most out of your available skills.

So... new expac, and if you get the preorder you're looking at a 12X experiance bonus so you can just do the story and level to max