UK Muslims targeted for speaking out about terror

Walsingham

That's incorrect.

The no deity bit? They don't seem to believe in a supreme creator, unless they've been lying to everyone.

What is your point again?

That all religions have violent extremists and Muslims should be considered innocent until proven guilty, because the vast majority do not partake in terrorism.

Or is it due to a sense of egalitarian justice? Meaning that every extremist organization should be equal in the eyes of the law, despite the current situation?

All groups should be treated equally. The fact that one group has been more successful at terrorist acts does not excuse or lessen the acts of another.

And why bring up history when the topic is of a current manner? Do you wish us to still treat every mongolian as threat because, historically speaking they have raped, murdered and destroyed more than any other in the world?

Yeah, a massacre that happened seven years prior to 9/11 and a bomb plot that happened right after 9/11 is the same thing as the Mongols. In ten years time, will 9/11 and Islamic terrorism be irrelevant if it has become incredibly scarce and a new group is responsible for more terrorism?

KP has painted himself into a bit of a contrarian corner, equating some old extremist activity as being on par with 9/11 and Global Jihad.

Schlong still lodged deeply dear?

Just in the interest of having accurate numbers, as of July 22, 2013 the total since 9/11 is 60 attempts including 4 successful according to Heritage.org

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/07/60-terrorist-plots-since-911-continued-lessons-in-domestic-counterterrorism

If you want to research terrorist attacks on US soil or get some more details, check out this site: 

National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START). (2012). Global Terrorism Database

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd

They list 207 terrorist attacks from 2001 to 2011 (that is the last year of data available in the public database)

91 of those attacks were perpetrated by the Animal Liberation Front, the Earth Liberation Front or by Anti-Abortion activists (14)

Thank you for the link.

So should we know start monitoring animal rights groups? They have been behind more terrorist attacks in recent years than the Muslims after all.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Dude, why have you transmogrified into such a tool over this?

Honestly, boring Friday and I'm banned from BSN and Gallifrey Base.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Mass shooting doesn't count as terrorism, even when carried out for political/religious reasons? I thought that's what Goldstein did.

In that case, insane gun owners are more likely to commit acts of terrorism than Muslims. Do you support a system to monitor gun owners, because a few individuals have committed heinous acts?

Hassan carried out his attack for political reasons, which makes it terrorism. The other mass shootings were carried out by insane people. Certainly I favor monitoring the insane and making sure they don't get guns.

How in hell do you even make that leap of logic? You're the one who started counting who did more attacks. And then you give an example of a Jewish terror attack, and ignore the thousands of Palestinian ones.

I don't recall ever denying that Palestinians committed acts of terror. I did point out that Jewish extremists have historically been behind more acts of terror(1985-2005) in the US than Muslims,

source?

but unless you are a raving lunatic, that doesn't excuse or deny that Muslim extremists have done it as well. I don't see why the fact that Palestinians have committed acts of terror excuses Goldstein or lessens what he did, as you seem top be implying.

I'm implying no such thing, just objecting to your attempt to smear Israel.

Facts you're obviously unable to dispute.

Still haven't seen any facts dear. Try adjusting the tin foil.

I don't see why I should have to quote the article I already linked to, but here are a few selections anyway, I guess you claim someone made it all up?

The first national Islamic organization in the U.S., the Muslim Students Association (MSA), was created by the Brotherhood in 1962-1963.

In 1983, the MB established the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) to be the “nucleus” of their movement and, within the year, about 100 “Islamic Societies” were established across the U.S.

Here is an easy snapshop: There are over 2,100 Islamic Centers in the U.S. today. From investigation and research, we know a large portion of them are controlled by the MB. Through land ownership by the North American Islamic Trust (NAIT)—the bank for the MB—or through known MB leaders at these Centers, we know that a large percentage of the Islamic Centers belong to MB.

Today, there are over 600 MSAs on nearly every college and university campus. There are over 320 Islamic Societies and several hundred chapters of the Muslim American Society (MAS), the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR),

The State Department has a program where they pay for imams to fly from overseas to the U.S. to meet with “Islamic leaders” here—almost all of whom are MB. One imam from Indonesia who is not supportive of the MB movement reported back to the U.S. Ambassador that this program should be shut down because the U.S. government, in this imam’s opinion, was paying for jihadis overseas to meet with jihadis here in America that have “control” over the Islamic community.

Men like Sayyid Syeed, Muzammil Siddiqi, Ishan Bagby, Mohammed al-Hanooti, Iqbal Unus, Ahmad Totonji, Hisham al-Talib, Yaqub Mirza and the children of the first-generation MB leaders (e.g. Suhail Khan and Zainab Alwani) are all heavily involved in the most prominent Islamic organizations in North America.

We need to take the enemy at their word and then begin assessing the threat from there. This would necessarily require us to look at sharia Law. If we did, we would see that Al-Qaeda is not “perverting” sharia. They are accurately citing it.

When the Hamas and MB entities in America tell the White House they are “offended” over training about this movement and its doctrinal basis in sharia law and that training is shut down and replaced by training from MB organizations, that is “civilization jihad” by our hands.

Also, here's the MB credo

Allah is our goal; the Prophet is our guide; the Quran is our constitution; Jihad is our way; and death for the glory of Allah is our greatest ambition.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Thank you for the link.

So should we know start monitoring animal rights groups? They have been behind more terrorist attacks in recent years than the Muslims after all.

Only if you have an unending fear of howler monkeys being freed and taking over gaming forums everywhere. 

Personally it's the bunnies that scare the hell out of me .... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgj3nZWtOfA

"You silly sod!  You got us all worked up ....."

• Like 3

Stuff....

Serious question: Do you suffer from any autistic disorders? Like Asperger's and such? Because i cannot phantom anyone with any understanding of the world around them to compare global islamic terrorism with animal rights activists burning down a animal testing facility, or anti-abortion activists for that matter. 

What are you even on about again? In the eyes of the law, a muslim is treated exactly the same as anyone else. And in terms of potential threat to global security, there are no other groups that work on a global scale and causes so much damage. Why are you trying to deny this? 

Also, instead of again coming back to the current situation, you leap-frog into the future on the relevancy of islamic terrorism. Again, completely pointless.

Jesus christ, i must've been trolled. Well done, my good sir.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Next possible argument: "USA and the capitalists have killed more than any jihadist dream to do; Who is the real terrorist here?" hurr-durrr-de-hur-durr

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Jesus christ, i must've been trolled. Well done, my good sir.

Took you Eurofags long enough.

My, my that has been a lot of words. Fear the Illuminati ans stay classy.

Edited by KaineParker

Only if you have an unending fear of howler monkeys being freed and taking over gaming forums everywhere. 

Personally it's the bunnies that scare the hell out of me .... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgj3nZWtOfA

"You silly sod!  You got us all worked up ....."

Well, I do love reveling in baseless fears.

Still, the schlong was too much. How about a hearty Texas I'm sorry.

I stand by the schlong. If anything, forum members now know how to circumvent c0ck blocking.

Go on, say sorry. That's classy.

I'm sorry I hurt your tender feelings, Monte.

Does this make you feel better?

Jennifer-Nicole-Lee-in-a-British-Flag-Bi

Edited by KaineParker

It's like you apologized with your fingers crossed behind your back.

Don't be silly, I kept my fingers crossed in front view.

Well played KP.

Always.

So far as I know JDL has never actually killed anyone.

I'm sure Baruch Goldstein didn't actually kill those people he gunned down while they were worshiping then.
Goldstein was a member of the Kach party. I'm not aware that the Kach party was itself involved in the attack. JDL is a US organization, this happened in Israel, not US. It's worth noting that there were thousands, may be tens of thousands of attacks from the other side.

Let's look at the "number of attacks" statement. "Thousands"? "Tens of thousands"? That is perhaps the most deranged stuff I have read here on this this week, and that is with competition from certain trolls. I know we have differing opinions on some matters, but here you've really got to get a grip on reality.

Here are casualty statistics from the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Note how ten times as many children have been killed on the Palestinian side. Here's a list of Palestinian suicide attacks for you to peruse.

Now I'm not counting attacks such as rock throwing, destruction of property, and so on. In that case, I'm sure it's quite possible we would actually reach over 1000 attacks in one year, from both sides. However the attacks from Israelis would likely be even higher (I can say that with certainty about the last few years at least), so in a blame game where it's "worth noting" which side commits the worst atrocities it's of no use to you. Note that this kind of violence almost exclusively occurs in the West Bank, and not inside Israel.

Yeah, too bad 16th century colonizers weren't the "peace and love" types. Did it also occur to you that may be the Indians had no desire whatsoever to integrate into anything?

Edit: And I guess Israelis could integrate the Palestinians into their society so that Palestinians teach them about the wit and wisdom of adolph hitler : http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/10/22/palestinian-authority-kids-mag-publishes-bogus-wit-and-wisdom-adolf-hitler/

Hm, I wrote a response to this but I accidentally closed my browser... Did you edit away something from your post?

Anyway I think you lack a bit of perspective here. In this case as in many areas of life it's important to be able to look outside of your own perspective and see yourself in the shoes of other people. Let's discuss a hypothetical scenario:

The worst predictions of the right-wing nutjobs comes true, and Muslim mass-immigration to the US is a fact. Not before long, when millions have flooded into the blessed American homeland do they proclaim their own independent state on the soil of Texas, the Islamic Caliphate of Texasistan. Obviously this is an unacceptable to any true Christian American patriot, so a resistance is formed (which earlier was brutally suppressed by the Democrat-controlled IRS. The current president is a female, liberal, communist African-American closet Muslim who obviously is not going to do squat to help the brave Texans). A bloody civil war is fought which ends with the ethnic cleansing of a majority of Texans from their native homeland. Most end up interned in squalid refugee camps in California*. You are among a minority which is left on occupied Texan soil. However you live in an area with a majority "native" American population, so the Caliphate chooses to wall you up instead of making you a citizen of their new nation, who would on paper have the same rights as a Muslim, including voting rights (the Muslim inhabitants of the Caliphate would constitute a minority if the let the refugees back, and let you vote, so that's a no-go scenario). A few Texans continue a desperate but completely inane violent struggle.

Now would you think that in this situation we would see symbols offensive to Islam and extremist ideologies, similar to the ones you linked to above? Or do you think all Texans would submit to their new Muslim overlords? Do you think the Texans would negotiate for the few worthless "occupied" scraps of land they still held on to, while more and more was being walled of for Muslim settlements? Of course the sensible option would be to push for both groups of people to co-exist peacefully, but how many Texans do you think would follow that route? What would you do? Trying to strip Palestinians of their human rights because of the behaviour of some makes you come across as having the shallow problem-solving mentality of a 6-year old. You can only ever solve problems by addressing their cause. Of course people are going to be pissed off and be easy prey for extremist ideologies if they've lost everything. What would you do if you lost your homeland?

*Yes, I know California does not share a border with Texas, but it makes for a better story.

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Well, this thread sure got lively.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Must...resist....urge to troll...