Tel Afar, primary school attacked

Walsingham

It doesn't make you a nazi. But it does make you anti-Israel.

Being anti-Islam means you're anti-Islam.

Have certainly heard that enough, say Israel is bad for bulldozing some Palestinian homes, now you're an anti-Semite and probably a closet Nazi.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, OK. I misunderstood the comment.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

But he said that to be critical of Israel was to be critical of the Nazis. How the funt does that work?

No, to be critical of Israel is to be considered a Nazi by some. 

Being anti-Islam means you're anti-Islam.

No one in here is anti-islam. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

This is powerful stuff from a 16-year old.

http://youtu.be/f506lCk6Tos

She is very impressive for someone so young who has been through what she has been through

It also begs the question " what type of people would shoot a 15 year old girl for wanting women to be educated"

And these are the types of the people the West is suppose to negotiate with  in places like Afghanistan

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

She is very impressive for someone so young who has been through what she has been through

It also begs the question " what type of people would shoot a 15 year old girl for wanting women to be educated"

And these are the types of the people the West is suppose to negotiate with  in places like Afghanistan

Probably anyone who's had to deal with the prosecutor I had yesterday.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If you're an adult of any description, and you're threatened by something a 15 year old kid says to the extent where you have to ambush and shoot them, then you really need to do a bit more growing up.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you're an adult of any description, and you're threatened by something a 15 year old kid says to the extent where you have to ambush and shoot them, then you really need to do a bit more growing up.

What if the 15 year old is saying he wants to kill your family or others or do something heinous ? Perfectly legitimate to blow out the back of his skull. Wonder how much security she has now, Taliban still wants her dead, I imagine, and taking her out with her profile would be big for them.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Did any of you watch the video?  She actually says that we should not resort to violence, that we are just lowering ourselves to the level of terrorists when we do.  That is stunning to hear from a girl who has been through her ordeal.

That sounds nice but I'm doubtful of it being feasible.

She is threathing the order of things in the region, which makes her a target, despite her age. Godspeed though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

She is threathing the order of things in the region, which makes her a target, despite her age. Godspeed though.

The Taliban are the ones threatening the order of the region.  Her whole argument is that things have gone terrible since they entered her region a few years ago.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

Didn't seem like there was much order in the region. And she is shaking things up - else she wouldn't need to campaign for anything.

The Taliban are the ones threatening the order of the region.  Her whole argument is that things have gone terrible since they entered her region a few years ago.

What Malcador said.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What Malcador said.

She's not threatening the order. She's threatening the disorder. You can't (well, you can, obviously) just abandon a small girl who has the guts to stand up.

Although it seems the Nobel committee can.

-Elwood Blues

Oh come on, don't be dramatic.

Oh come on, don't be dramatic.

I'm sure there is a shy, retiring way to get shot in the head and bravely stand back up to face your attackers. The quieter you get the more dramatic it becomes.

-Elwood Blues

I'm sure there is a shy, retiring way to get shot in the head and bravely stand back up to face your attackers. The quieter you get the more dramatic it becomes.

Right, chief. Her not getting a Nobel prize isn't a statement that brown girls' lives don't matter or anything like that. No one's abandoning her to the Taliban or random jihadis any more than they were yesterday.

http://www.cspipublishing.com/statistical/pdf/Statistical_Islam.pdf

This is interesting. Breaks down the Koran, Sira, and Hadith to statistical data. Finds that Islam is more a political ideology than a religion.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Probably anyone who's had to deal with the prosecutor I had yesterday.

Al it takes for Islam to be threatened is a teenage girl with an opinion.

That's just people with opinions.

http://www.cspipublishing.com/statistical/pdf/Statistical_Islam.pdf

This is interesting. Breaks down the Koran, Sira, and Hadith to statistical data. Finds that Islam is more a political ideology than a religion.

That is an interesting statistical breakdown.  However it is pretty dismissive of what it refers to as the Meccan Koran, which in my experience with many US Muslims is crux of their faith.  It also seems to miss a chance to observe how religions adapt and change with time.  Over time, Islam became highly politicized, just like Christianity.  But that hardly means it it can be defined as such in every nation.  Islam looks very different depending on where you are in the world, but the 'Meccan Koran' and the Sunnah are the basis that they all have in common.  Also the connection between the Sunnah, which are the practices of Mohammad that are supposed to be followed, and the Hadith can vary depending on the region.  What is agreed upon by Muslims in this regard are mostly the simplest steps, such as the 5 pillars.  

Teenage girls with opinions threaten plenty of people here in North America, regardless of religion.

I certainly feel threatened by Twilight fangirls.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands