What you did today

Rosbjerg

Got back from the birthday bbq somewhat drunk.  A random conversation ended up with the birthday boy blowing a pipe full of icing sugar across the bonfire to cause mini fire-bursts. He's a chemistry PhD and Researcher. Various wives / girlfriend / female cousins of the family were present and while they enjoyed the fire bursts were a bit disappointed in the effort it took to get it right. I gave him a good bottle of 10 year old tawny port, which we ended up drinking as we smoked cigars around the fire afterwards. Then he gave me a good bottle of Azul tequila as a present after some good natured threatening of me after I hugged his wife  - he'd just been attending a chemistry conference in Mexico.

I realised how long it's been since I last tango'd a pretty lady, and his wife poked me and asked why I didn't impress any of her friends and family at the wedding some months back with it. To which I replied salsa music is not a good intro to a tango, and holiday romances with the family of your best friends bride generally isn't a good idea.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Spent four hours arguing with my cat about what legacy I would leave behind were I to end up dead in the near future.

Didn't go well...

That means you had best not end up dead in the near future. You still have too much to do!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

holiday romances with the family of your best friends bride generally isn't a good idea.

Since when?

You are Sir Gawain, and I claim my five pounds.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Got in 2 fights.. First was not serious and my fault, second was very serious and not my fault.. I'm as angry as I've ever been and most of my body hurt.. oh and my clothes are sprayed with blood (but the guy is ok, mostly hurt his pride).. Crazy stupid ****ing day..

Fortune favors the bald.

I got in a fight with another girl when I was in 7th grade. Kicking and rib-punching and rolling around on the asphalt. It hurt, I got in trouble, and I learned I didn't like fighting. :biggrin:

And Ros, I'm glad nothing major was injured (I'm hoping), since you're here posting...hope the rest of the weekend goes better for you.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah I'm fine, it looked more serious than it was - thanks. A couple decided to use me as part of their little jealousy trip. Unfortunately for the guy I didn't take it lying down when he punched me in the face.

Fortune favors the bald.

I got in a fight with another girl when I was in 7th grade. Kicking and rib-punching and rolling around on the asphalt. It hurt, I got in trouble, and I learned I didn't like fighting. :biggrin:

And Ros, I'm glad nothing major was injured (I'm hoping), since you're here posting...hope the rest of the weekend goes better for you.

Speaking as an English gentleman, I would like to see pictures.

I would also like to know what 7th grade is. I'm going to assume it means 17 years old.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It is strangely arousing isn't it. Can't be helped. I like the fact that you needed to know how old they were so as not to feel like a pedo while getting your freak on. 

Well, given the freedom to choose, I think 17 is a good year.

-Elwood Blues

My last real fist fight was in the military. In the Philippines no less. Fights in the bars around Olongapo & Subic City were common. Marines would fight the Navy, the Aussie Navy, French Foreign Legion, Philippine defense forces, US Air force from Clark, you name it. And if no one else was around we fought each other. There was a running joke that is you didn't get at least one NJP in the PI you weren't really there!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It is strangely arousing isn't it. Can't be helped. I like the fact that you needed to know how old they were so as not to feel like a pedo while getting your freak on. 

Well, given the freedom to choose, I think 17 is a good year.

Sorry to dampen your fantasy, but 7th grade is 12-13 year olds.  That's actually the grade I teach.  So watch it   :disguise:

• Like 1

I went for a bike ride this morning.  I rode about 23 miles in just under 2 hours with plenty of climbing, including a 2 mile long climb with a little over 500 ft elevation change for the final climb.  Absolutely perfect conditions for riding:  Low 60s when I left, mid-upper 60s when I got back.  Practically no humidity, mild breeze.  Gorgeous autumn foliage, relatively low amounts of traffic.  The ride was simply spectacular.  I feel fantastic right now.  Once my adrenaline fully wears off I'll grab a bite to eat, crack open a beer, and plant my ass on the couch for a day of NFL watching.

:biggrin:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I hope you did'nt get any injuries, Ros. Especially fingers have a tendency to get busted, wich you typically don't notice until the day after.

I think it's been a couple of years since I was in a proper fight, my friends don't LARP anymore, so I don't have to otherwise amuse myself by prowling around town for the neonazi rejects that typically harass them. I'm kind of embarassed to admit it, but fighting is alot of fun, aslong as you can count on no knives or bats being brought out when the other side is losing.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm big and inoffensive, so I don't get into a lot of fights. Came close at the last office xmas party, but then the girls whose honour I was protecting leapt to my defence and the other guy decided to call it a day ;D

+I deal with too many aftermaths of too many bar fights that wind up costing people too much. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Even though I'm kind of aggressive I never get into fights, don't know why, nobody ever treats me in such a disrespectful way that I would start a fistfight.

What I did today: went to the H.R Giger exhibition, cool stuff, they even showed a short film showing Giger making Alien art/props and the derelict ship of Alien 1.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Even though I'm kind of aggressive I never get into fights, don't know why, nobody ever treats me in such a disrespectful way that I would start a fistfight.

What I did today: went to the H.R Giger exhibition, cool stuff, they even showed a short film showing Giger making Alien art/props and the derelict ship of Alien 1.

Might it be because your arms are bigger than most adult men are? ;D

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I think this is the 3rd time in my life.. I'm not the guy that goes looking for fights and I never throw the first punch, but in hindsight I have to admit I went out pretty angry and so, to no surprise, I found exactly the trouble I was looking for.

Had a good talk with a friend about it and realized learning from these kind of mistakes is how you grow in life.

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

The last time I got in a fight, I got hit with a bottle and had to pick out glass from my arm. Wasn't a very good experience.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands