Keyrock's Hopefully Attractive Rodent Thread

Keyrock

Simple: convince a celebrity chef to make them the next 'must eat' middle class meat.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good luck doing that with what is basically a two foot (?) long rat. Even with Fallout (and Terry Prachett) extensively promoting the concept of rat as a tasty snack it'll be a hard sell... except for the name. I can see a big market for Nutria Bars/ Jerky as a healthy snack, the name just sounds so healthy. Not sure Nutria-On-A-Stick quite parses right though.

(We can't even get people to eat rabbit, and they're both nice to eat and a noxious pest.)

The suckers get pretty big.  Over ten pounds easily, perhaps up to 15 to 20.  I used to see them all the time when we lived in New Orleans.

Nutria as a meat source?  Already been tried a couple of times with minimal success.

''I just don't think people like to eat things that they see dead on the highway,'' said Dr. Thomas, a Loyola University professor and director of the Louisiana Nature and Science Center. ''And there's dead nutria all along the roads down here.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/12/14/us/louisiana-is-trying-to-turn-pest-into-a-meal.html

"Road Kill - it's what's for dinner ......"    :x

Good luck doing that with what is basically a two foot (?) long rat. Even with Fallout (and Terry Prachett) extensively promoting the concept of rat as a tasty snack it'll be a hard sell... except for the name. I can see a big market for Nutria Bars/ Jerky as a healthy snack, the name just sounds so healthy. Not sure Nutria-On-A-Stick quite parses right though.

(We can't even get people to eat rabbit, and they're both nice to eat and a noxious pest.)

Not as well as Orat-On-A-Stick

20080110190910!OratOnAStick.jpg

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Point. Sorry. I always forget that other people's childhoods didn't involve copious rabbit stew.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

5409713589_fe7e448168_o.gif

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Won't they be impressed, I am a genius,
See how I transform this old rat,
Into a most delightful hat.

Hm, my compliments from me to you,
On this your most intriguing hat,
Consider, though, this substitute,
A bat in place of this old rat.

:dancing:

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Bats are cute.

29w9WdS.gif

I believe I'm correct in thinking that bats urinate while eating, because they have to keep their flying weight down.

That's one less redhead I need to worry about.

-Elwood Blues

Vs8jGQs.gif

sloth are scary though..

Is it just me or are sloths suddenly 100 times more scary?

-Elwood Blues

Vs8jGQs.gif

sloth are scary though..

Is it just me or are sloths suddenly 100 times more scary?

It isn't just you.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Pic links not working now?

-Elwood Blues

Cats love to clean their dinner.

I was going to say "I wash spuds before I eat them" but same diff. :)

-Elwood Blues