The NFL 2013 Thread

Keyrock

Ugh, the Cowboys are terrible.  On the bright side, everybody else in the NFC East is terrible too.  Someone is going to win this crappy division by default.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm not gonna trash Smith now because he's good. Whatever the case, it took him 6 years to live up to his potential which is a pretty long time, when you are a #1 pick.

Harbaugh absolutely made the right call in making the switch to Kaepernick.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I'm very excited to see Alex Smith thrive in KC.  The guy works extremely hard, is tougher than nails, and never gives up.  That being said, he needed a good coach that can play to his strengths, and he found that in Harbaugh.  Andy Reid is also a great coach, so it's not that surprising to see him continue to succeed.  

Kaepernick is a very different quarterback.  It is a high risk high reward situation with him in comparison to Smith.  Do the 49ers make it to the Superbowl last year with Smith instead of Kaep?  It's hard to say, but I doubt Alex Smith sets the NFL playoff record for QB rushing yards with Smith.

Also calling Harbaugh garbage seems a little silly.  He only has two seasons in the NFL and they were both spectacular.  Before he showed up the 49ers were bad.   

• Like 1

"Ugh, the Cowboys are terrible.  On the bright side, everybody else in the NFC East is terrible too.  Someone is going to win this crappy division by default."

Yet, they'll have a shot at making the SB.

"Kaepernick is a very different quarterback.  It is a high risk high reward situation with him in comparison to Smith.  Do the 49ers make it to the Superbowl last year with Smith instead of Kaep?  It's hard to say, but I doubt Alex Smith sets the NFL playoff record for QB rushing yards with Smith."

They made it the eyar ebfore with him so I don't see why they wouldn't have last season. They'd likely have beaten Baltimore.

"Harbaugh absolutely made the right call in making the switch to Kaepernick."

No. 4-0 vs 2-2 with a vastly inferior team.        

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Ugh, the Cowboys are terrible.  On the bright side, everybody else in the NFC East is terrible too.  Someone is going to win this crappy division by default."

If Seattle gets the #1 seed, no one else in the NFC has a chance to make it to the Super Bowl.  

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If Seattle gets the #1 seed, no one else in the NFC has a chance to make it to the Super Bowl.  

I remain unconvinced, even yesterday seemed a lot more the Texans coming apart in the second half than the Seahawks being amazing. The Seahawks are still to be properly challenged, beating the Panthers, Jaguars, 49ers as they've been and yesterday's Texans still doesn't a #1 seed make.

Saints are pretty much in the same boat, though Miami tonight might be some kind of indicator... Their season also sharpens up rapidly, soon.

Ok, I just looked at the Seahawks' schedule and looks like they have it pretty easy the whole season, but Colts next week just might be interesting. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Saints 38-17 over the Dolphins.  :)     4-0 with games upcoming against Chicago and New England.

Yeah, got spoiled already on FB. Managed to watch the first quarter in the morning before going to work, their offense is (still) poetry in motion.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I remain unconvinced, even yesterday seemed a lot more the Texans coming apart in the second half than the Seahawks being amazing. The Seahawks are still to be properly challenged, beating the Panthers, Jaguars, 49ers as they've been and yesterday's Texans still doesn't a #1 seed make.

The Seahawks are a completely different team on the road than at home, that's why it's imperative for the rest of the NFC not to let them get the #1 seed.  Come December and January, if they have to go into, for example, Green Bay, yeah I can see them potentially losing.  If the Packers, or whoever, has to go into Seattle, that's a completely different story.  Obviously anything can happen, to break out the tired, worn out cliche, that's why they play the games, but for a team to go into Seattle to play the NFC Championship game and beat the Seahawks there with a rabid crowd dropping some 130 decibels on them?  Good luck with that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Seahawks are a completely different team on the road than at home, that's why it's imperative for the rest of the NFC not to let them get the #1 seed.  Come December and January, if they have to go into, for example, Green Bay, yeah I can see them potentially losing.  If the Packers, or whoever, has to go into Seattle, that's a completely different story.  Obviously anything can happen, to break out the tired, worn out cliche, that's why they play the games, but for a team to go into Seattle to play the NFC Championship game and beat the Seahawks there with a rabid crowd dropping some 130 decibels on them?  Good luck with that.

I'm not entirely sold on Seattle after the Houston game either.  Schaub's pick six cost the Texan's the game imo.   But Seattle is a tough home crowd.  I think Seattle has some OL issues they need to work out as well.

Game to watch:  Monday December 2    New Orleans @ Seattle    

Edited by kgambit

Wanted to jump in on this thread. Concerning the Seahawks I think they are a really good team but I feel so far in the season, Russell Wilson has not been as dominant as he was a season ago. There were flashes of the 2012 Russell last week in Houston but for the most part it was Seattle' defense that kept them in it and eventually got them in a position to win the game. I think the New Orleans game will absolutely be a great indicator of how good this team really is.

Anyone play Madden? I never have, but the next-gen version of 25 is maybe finally wanting me to try a team-sport video game. They say it will individually render every blade of grass at Qualcomm Stadium. Although I hope it doesn't render every single Raiders gorilla pirate in the stands, too. Sorry if I am asking in the wrong thread.  

All Stop. On Screen.

It just dawned on me that the Cleveland Browns are currently the AFC North division leader.  The ****ing Cleveland Browns.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Indeed, Unfortunately for Browns fans  I don't think they will continue to enjoy so much success. That Brandon Weeden guy leaves much to be desired in a QB. Tough break for Hoyer, I knew when I saw that tackle last night that it was bad.

Indeed, Unfortunately for Browns fans  I don't think they will continue to enjoy so much success. That Brandon Weeden guy leaves much to be desired in a QB. Tough break for Hoyer, I knew when I saw that tackle last night that it was bad.

Sadly Hoyer's done for the year - torn ACL.  Not sure if it's an upgrade or stopgap, but the Browns can pick up Freeman for nothing now. 

• Like 1

Sadly Hoyer's done for the year - torn ACL.  Not sure if it's an upgrade or stopgap, but the Browns can pick up Freeman for nothing now. 

They should definitely scoop up Freeman.  A bag of rocks soaked in oil and lit on fire would be an upgrade over Weeden.  I think Freeman can still be a decent QB, he just needs a change of scenery in the worst way.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I have the new Madden for my Xbox

I like it well enough but I don't play it that often

Reminds me of a stupid joke

Q. Why is the Xbox called the Xbox 360?

A . So you can turn all the way around and moonwalk away from it

my 8 year old cousin told me that one

Free games updated 3/4/21

They should definitely scoop up Freeman.  A bag of rocks soaked in oil and lit on fire would be an upgrade over Weeden.  I think Freeman can still be a decent QB, he just needs a change of scenery in the worst way.

Well Cleveland certainly qualifies in that regard .......   :)

• Like 1

Well Cleveland certainly qualifies in that regard .......   :)

:lol:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If we kept Leinart, we might have won that game. Instead, our backup to our rookie QB, is an undrafted rookie QB whose career college record was 4-22.

Why am I a Bills fan again?

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.