The NFL 2013 Thread

Keyrock

Wouldn't it be crazy if the Giants wound up winning the NFC East after starting 0-6?  It's actually quite possible.  The Iggles are imploding.  The Redskins are only halfway decent when RG3 is fully healthy, who knows when that will happen again and for how long.  The Cowboys can't even win games that are being handed to them on a silver platter.  This could happen.

1290603068_crazy-brazilian-murderer-inte

This is the NFC East in a single picture:

dumpster-fire-o.gif

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"He has destroyed the Dallas Cowboys. Destroyed them. He has done NOTHING to contribute to the success of the franchise. NOTHING. His teams won three Super Bowls only because he happened to be a roommate at Arkansas of Jimmy Johnson, who never especially liked him. Jimmy won those Super Bowls, all three of them, even the one he didn't coach. And what did Jerry do after Jimmy won two straight championships and looked poised to win four or five in a row? FIRED HIM. Fired him! Barry Switzer's second team had enough runoff talent from Jimmy's squads to win one more Super Bowl, and then that was it. Jerry was on the path to destruction."

I couldn't take the article seriously after this nonsensical paragrapgh. And, anyone who does, is as idiotic as the writer.

"Wouldn't it be crazy if the Giants wound up winning the NFC East after starting 0-6?  It's actually quite possible.  The Iggles are imploding.  The Redskins are only halfway decent when RG3 is fully healthy, who knows when that will happen again and for how long.  The Cowboys can't even win games that are being handed to them on a silver platter.  This could happen."

I know. It likely won't but it is possible. Only 2 wins out of first now. Even scarier is the Giants are fully capable of beating the better teams. Theya ren't your typical 0-6 (now 2-6) starting teams and with the deivision being so out of control wacky anything is possible.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Giants remaining games:

Oakland, Green Bay, Dallas, @ Was, @ SD, Sea, @ Det, Was

To have a legit shot they probably have to finish 6-2 to end no worse than 8-8.  That means they likely need to beat Dallas (by more than 5) and Was twice (for tie breakers) plus Oakland, SD and Detroit.   Sea and GB aren't likely wins for them.   That's not a difficult schedule.  So it is doable.  Likely?  No.  But certainly doable. 

Out of those teams, Detroit is the most worrisome. I don't feel scared by Seattle despite them being a good team and Giants seem to do well versus Green Bay despite   Packers' passing game.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

OH MY GOD SHANNON SHARPE JUST SAID ON NATIONAL TV THE CHARGERS WILL FINISH 10-6 AND WIN THE WILDCARD

The most impressive part of that is that you were able to decipher what Shannon Sharpe said.  I keep begging for him to spit the marbles out of his mouth so that I can understand what he's saying.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

J. E. T. S. JETS. JETS. JETS. The Jets have a good defensive front. They were in face of Brees all game long.

And the Boys have another garbage win. The worst part is, if this team knew how to finish games, they could be well above .500 for the season.

Edit: Ha. A reporter just asked Romo why they make winning so hard. ****ing lol.

Edited by Inyourprime

It's essentially a case of the other team being even more pitiful than the Cowboys.  I guess they just need to make sure that when they take the lead they leave no more then 30 seconds or so on the clock so even a defense as abysmal as the Cowboys defense won't be able to blow it.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Another week, another heartbreaking loss for the Pewter Pirates. I hate Sundays!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

J. E. T. S. JETS. JETS. JETS. The Jets have a good defensive front. They were in face of Brees all game long.

And the Boys have another garbage win. The worst part is, if this team knew how to finish games, they could be well above .500 for the season.

Edit: Ha. A reporter just asked Romo why they make winning so hard. ****ing lol.

Yeah, Saints' season long running game issues also blew up in their face when Sproles got knocked out of the game. Chris Ivory rubbing salt to the wounds didn't help.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

San Diego loses to Washington and then Minnesota beats the Redskins ... if this bizarro world thing continues, please can Denver lose big on Sunday, kthx.

No, wait, nevermind ... hollow victories are even worse than crushing defeats at Little Big Horn. I'm addicted to NFL disappointment, anyway, so please, Peyton, throw 8 touchdowns and no interceptions at Qualcomm, kthx. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Well, the Cowboys season might be over, depending on how long Sean Lee will be out.  Their defense is already rubbish, if they lose him for an extended period of time they're all done.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well I didn't think the Cowboys would even have a chance at this game anyway. San Fran, hopefully, will get it done next week. THE PANTHERS WILL WIN THIS DIVISION.

Next week you have Belichick. Get it done.

Even before the game began I assumed they'd lose tonight, and badly.  You had the Saints coming off a bad loss, looking to take their frustrations out on someone.  You had Drew Brees going against one of the absolute worst passing defenses in the league, one of the worst defenses any way you measure it, actually.  It was a recipe for a thorough beatdown, and that's exactly what we got.  The bigger deal is losing Sean Lee.  He is far and away their most important player on the defensive side of the ball.  Now, they have a bye coming up, which helps, but if he's out for a long period of time, the Cowboys have no hope this season, not that they'd do much of anything anyway.  Best case scenario for the Cowboys is getting smoked at home by either Seattle or San Fran (whoever doesn't win the division) in the wildcard round.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well I didn't think the Cowboys would even have a chance at this game anyway. San Fran, hopefully, will get it done next week. THE PANTHERS WILL WIN THIS DIVISION.

Next week you have Belichick. Get it done.

Even before the game began I assumed they'd lose tonight, and badly.  You had the Saints coming off a bad loss, looking to take their frustrations out on someone.  You had Drew Brees going against one of the absolute worst passing defenses in the league, one of the worst defenses any way you measure it, actually.  It was a recipe for a thorough beatdown, and that's exactly what we got.  The bigger deal is losing Sean Lee.  He is far and away their most important player on the defensive side of the ball.  Now, they have a bye coming up, which helps, but if he's out for a long period of time, the Cowboys have no hope this season, not that they'd do much of anything anyway.  Best case scenario for the Cowboys is getting smoked at home by either Seattle or San Fran (whoever doesn't win the division) in the wildcard round.

Not to mention Dallas' run defense made Mark Ingram look like an all-pro with a 10+ yd per carry average.