The NFL 2013 Thread

Keyrock

Why am I a Bills fan again?

Geography?

Masochism?

Probably the latter. That would explain many of the other teams I cheer for.

At least the Blackhawks are winning again.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Btw. a lot of interesting matchups this week.

Not super-interesting, but every team in San Diego's division will be on one local channel here ... an AFC West triple-header with Chiefs/Titans early, then Dallas/Denver, and finally Chargers/Raiders as late as I've ever seen a football game, 8:30pm. Tomorrow could be the day to achieve unprecedented inactivity. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Btw. a lot of interesting matchups this week.

Not super-interesting, but every team in San Diego's division will be on one local channel here ... an AFC West triple-header with Chiefs/Titans early, then Dallas/Denver, and finally Chargers/Raiders as late as I've ever seen a football game, 8:30pm. Tomorrow could be the day to achieve unprecedented inactivity. 

I dunno, in the context of this season there's a lot of fairly even games coming, at least. The sort of games where I'd expect to really get an idea of the performance for the season.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Does Peyton Manning's mom even realize she has released a weaponized superhuman mile-high architect of crushing hope onto an unsuspecting league full of regular fans and average players--wait, turnover, gotta go. One quarter left.   

Somebody forgot to tell the Cowboys to mail it in.  Dallas 48 - Denver 41 with 7+ minutes left.  WOW! 

Sorry, Keyrock. I guess miracles don't happen in Jerry world.

I should be throwing things against the wall, but I'm completely calm.  I'm so used to this from Romo and the Cowboys that I'm completely desensitized to it.  Really, it was the only way that game was ever going to end.  It was the only way it could end.  The worst part will be when the Cowboys finish 7-9 at the end of the season, miss the playoffs on a tie-breaker, and Jason Garrett somehow keeps his job.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, well. Seahawks seem to be quite dependent on their home crowd. Going to be interesting to see, if somebody can crack that later on. I'm starting to think that there's something in the saints playbook that makes it look like their opponents are playing badly, since it's now five times in a row. Crowd at soldier field seemed really quiet during the first half. I'm gonna be watching the Kansas City game when I get home from work - something I couldn't have imagined I'd ever say even a few weeks ago.

That 3$ mil is on top of his signing bonus and salary from the Bucs.

I didn't realise that. So that's what desperate looks like.

That 3$ mil is on top of his signing bonus and salary from the Bucs.

I didn't realise that. So that's what desperate looks like.

LOL  11.4 million$ for the entire year (according to ESPN) and he's a free agent at the end of the season.   

• Like 1

Good move for the Vikings, I still think Freeman can be decent.  I'm really shocked the Browns didn't scoop him up.  I'm thinking the Texans may be wishing he was still out there too.  Schaub looks like he's beyond salvaging at this point.  Jags need a QB desperately too, as Gabbert is horrendous, but they're obviously tanking for Teddy Bridgewater.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Good move for the Vikings, I still think Freeman can be decent.  I'm really shocked the Browns didn't scoop him up.  I'm thinking the Texans may be wishing he was still out there too.  Schaub looks like he's beyond salvaging at this point.  Jags need a QB desperately too, as Gabbert is horrendous, but they're obviously tanking for Teddy Bridgewater.

Probably a good move for Freeman too.  Not sure why the Browns passed - Hoyer, Campbell and Weeden combined only count 3 or 4 million against the salary cap. 

Schaub is a train-wreck.  Is it three or four games in a row with a pick six?  But Texans have almost 12 million $ cap hit at QB already. 

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

Probably a good move for Freeman too.  Not sure why the Browns passed - Hoyer, Campbell and Weeden combined only count 3 or 4 million against the salary cap. 

Yeah, at least he's going into a situation that isn't a COMPLETE disaster, and has Purple Jesus to work with.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, at least he's going into a situation that isn't a COMPLETE disaster, and has Purple Jesus to work with.
Indeed, Freeman might have passed the Browns :p
  • Like 2

Indeed, Freeman might have passed the Browns :p

He might have.  It wouldn't surprise me if he had offers from Oakland, Buffalo, and Cleveland and passed on all of those.