Pictures of your games Part 3

Rosbjerg

Why wear a tie if you can't blow your nose with it?

You can, and I have.

Besides, the analogy fails because a tie is a fashion item, its sole purpose is aesthetic.  A greataxe is a weapon, its purpose is functional.  That top spike serves no function because i's too short.

Wrong. The tie is just part of your attire. You could just wear normal clothes so you don't freeze to death, but you wear a tie anyhow to uh.. spice things up.

That little spike is the axe's tie. Analogy complete!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why wear a tie if you can't blow your nose with it?

You can, and I have.

Besides, the analogy fails because a tie is a fashion item, its sole purpose is aesthetic.  A greataxe is a weapon, its purpose is functional.  That top spike serves no function because i's too short.

Wrong. The tie is just part of your attire. You could just wear normal clothes so you don't freeze to death, but you wear a tie anyhow to uh.. spice things up.

That little spike is the axe's tie. Analogy complete!!

Nah, clothes are just there to hide out self made shame.  Unless you live near the arctic or antarctic circle, you could survive just fine butt nekkid, especially if you lived nekkid all your life and didn't come to become reliant on clothes (like a drug habit).

Besides, I don't want a tie on my axe...  unless it's an ascot, in which case, I'll think about it. 

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What MMO is that, Astiaks?

That's Drakensang, a game in the The Dark Eye universe(a german Roleplaying game). You should definitely give it a try, it's a rewarding experience right from the start. The only thing that has annoyed me so far is the camera, it can be pretty bothersome to constantly change the camera in closed spaces and dungeons.

On a different note, I just noticed that Metro: Last Light and Bioshock: Infinite are now available on the PS Plus Instant Game Collection...*faints*

Edited by Astiaks
  • Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

so how's the combat in Blackguards?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

it's odd. shame that they did not implement "fatal wound" mechanics, so basically rapiers are useless, spears are ok only for the reach in certain places. It took me a while to somewhat understand the mechanics behind spellcasting (and the three base stat rule for them and that many spells have various combinations of required base stats).

Some maps are very annoying, especially those with respawnable enemies like louses in gladiator arena or a map with ghouls when you want to get unique item in a sidequest. they could use some tweaking on some of the maps, and add some love to piercing weapons, but other than that it feels ok-ish.

I think Skyrim might be the prettiest game I've ever played.

2014-02-01_00003_zps4d32a0ba.jpg

It helps being able to play it on Ultra settings and 2560x1440 though.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's quite lovely as long as you're looking at strictly scenery and not any of the (unmodded) characters.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was about to disagree but then I realized you might not have played the prettiest game I ever played or even share a remotely similar visual aesthetic. I'm surprised no modders actually go to the trouble of replacing the LOD assets with higher quality ones, that would go a long way to making Skyrim look the best. What kind of DPI are you rolling, exactly?

But really, I shouldn't be getting a drop in FPS in the Rift with a video card that's beyond the level of what was top-shelf in late 2011. The vicinity of Autumnwatch Tower was always, visually, my favorite area in Skyrim.

Edited by AGX-17

It's quite lovely as long as you're looking at strictly scenery and not any of the (unmodded) characters.

Honestly, from what I've seen, Bethesda's character art is constantly superior to the modders work in Skyrim's case. Not as high-res, certainly, but they don't do barbie dolls and creepy inflated **** barbarians (don't search these, just take me on my word and spare yourself the sight).

So you got a new monitor? Looks like a good size to go with that balls-out GPU. That's cool, I mean, you know, 1080 is still where some cool kids hang out, with our measly 23" panels. IPS 4 life  :p

All Stop. On Screen.

Honestly, from what I've seen, Bethesda's character art is constantly superior to the modders work in Skyrim's case. Not as high-res, certainly, but they don't do barbie dolls and creepy inflated **** barbarians (don't search these, just take me on my word and spare yourself the sight).

I agree that the vast majority of character model mods make them look like barbie dolls, but if you search hard enough you can find some mods that improve the looks of the characters while staying out of hyper air brushed pin-up territory.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

what's wrong with this pic? 

hn49.jpg

Decided to see what happened if you opened up the canopy mid-flight, did we?  :dancing:

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling