What you did today

Rosbjerg

The point is, Raithe, that for a lot of women sexuality is about being safe, pretending to be unsafe. And you can't much more safe than major Hollywood pretty boy, carefully supervised, pretending to do bad BDSM. Or something.

I actually consider it a little scary. I've known a few people who are into it and they pretty much say the same thing. To quote from a blog piece:

"It’s not even that it’s about BDSM - it’s just that the writing is so damn bad and it’s SO misleading… Ok, so I read a *little* of it. The thing is, Bella is reading it - and getting very turned on by it. She admits herself that it’s awful and that the writing is the sort of thing a 9-year-old turns out… but the situation is hot and she enjoys the fact that the main character act a lot like I do at times. The thing is, she’s educated about the reality of BDSM, she has no illusions about it. So many women (say the 100’s of thousands who’ve bought the books) have NO idea about the real ways that BDSM works… And I’m worried that a lot of these women (and girls) are going to be taken advantage of, or worse, because of their interest in the lifestyle.

You see, if I’m honest about it, about 70% of the men who *claim* to be dominants are really just **** who like to hit girls and claim that it’s kinky. And I know that these guys are all just rubbing their hands together in glee at the idea of all this fresh meat coming into the lifestyle; girls they can abuse, slap around and do god knows what to but who don’t know any better. This idea scares the **** out of me. I feel like its akin to giving a gun to kids who don’t really understand that it fires real bullets. Anyone who’s older and educated about it (like Bella or other friends of mine) will be fine - it’s puerile and stupid, but kind of a turn-on. For so many women though, they have no idea of the risks, the nature of consensual non-consent or the safety precautions necessary in BDSM. All of this together makes this, in my view, a catastrophe waiting to happen."

The fact that it started off as crappy Twilight fanfiction erotica just flares my distaste even more :p

Although I do think this was inspired marketing:

50ShadesMarketing_zps792888ac.jpg

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Bracing myself for the incoming surge of back to school illnesses as filthy kids congregate and transmit their germs to each other and then their parents who don't sanitize them fully. At least it's getting cooler out.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today I did about two hours worth of cardio and listened to a bit of a friend's act. Going to watch a movie and relax for a few hours.

Bruce are you after your brother's lady? :lol:

I've come to the conclusion that Bruce is after every somewhat attractive lady.

That just means he has a pulse.

Hey, can't fault a man for being a man. That's like getting mad at a compass because it points north all the time!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Was in the elevator earlier today with an elderly lady neighbour, who said that "men never stick it out" when I stepped off a couple of floors before she did.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Re-energizing for my school day. Have to do my foreign language then go pick up Rome 2.

And if I don't get an email from one of my professors, tomorrow I'm gonna need to hit up the student disabilities office and tweak the system so I'm "full time" at 10 credits.

And for the record: Many of the new freshmen look like they're all of about 12 years old.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So first day back .. Uni is awesome, a lot of the new recruits are hot. Is gunna be a good year :dancing:

Ah, you non-Engineering students :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ah to be young and in college again. Actually college wasn't much fun for me. I took all night classes and worked full time and was desperately broke most of the time. But I AM envious of you guys getting to do it right!

• Like 6

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm just bummed out that I can't sttend the party next saturday - where all the freshmen come out and drink with the older students..

But luckily Copenhagen has just been flodded with over 2000 American exhange students as well, who are loving the fact that the drinking age here is 18, so they are out almost all nights of the week and they want to sample the local cuisine..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Ah to be young and in college again. Actually college wasn't much fun for me. I took all night classes and worked full time and was desperately broke most of the time. But I AM envious of you guys getting to do it right!

Pretty much the same here. Plus most people in my faculty thought being in law school made them kind of a big deal. Have very few friends from there and most of those are from the humbled post-graduate corps.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Mr. Grey still eats some baby food but is at the no-strength so piddles & poos on himself stage and weighs hardly anything. Won't spend more trying to futilely figure out what's wrong (not teeth, not kidney failure, not feline leukemia etc). Time for that last trip. I'm sorry, Mr. Grey. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mr. Grey still eats some baby food but is at the no-strength so piddles & poos on himself stage and weighs hardly anything. Won't spend more trying to futilely figure out what's wrong (not teeth, not kidney failure, not feline leukemia etc). Time for that last trip. I'm sorry, Mr. Grey. :(

My condolences LadyC. I know exactly how that feels. I have one dog now, I used to have 15 once. I think of them all everyday. There is an old saying "Old men miss many dogs". That works for cats too. You did everything that could be done for that cat. I am certain at some level he knows and loves you for it. 

Thomas Sowell

University was fun looking back, at the time it felt like agony with the course load and such. But the studying all night or working on a compilers project from 2 pm to 8 am I do miss. Couldn't be assed to work that hours for my job but would willingly do it for myself. That stretch in winter 2005 when I didn't see the sun for 2 weeks, came out and saw it at last and acted like I was high is also memorable.

Today I went to class, worked out, and am thinking about auditioning for a part in a film a friend is working on.

I did what you did for the first three years and I'm currently working part time, but I should have enough money to go full time student for the final two years. My experience has led me to the opinion that everyone should go to college/university and party their ass off.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Shaved off my mustache, those damn hairs were constantly stabbing my upper lip and I could still taste the meal I ate two hours ago. Not sure though if I should get rid of my chin beard too, those hair are much less....rebellious.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

*hugs her remaining cat* 

...you'd think it gets easier after so many, but it actually gets harder. I don't think I can go through it too many more times.

Adding to stress, hubby hasn't been feeling all that well, either...nothing specific, general malaise...to the point he may make a doctor run if he doesn't feel better soon. Could be his apnea getting worse, making him feel worse. So my frowny face will remain a while.

...cleaning house, trying to think of cheery things, like waterballoon fights.

Shaved off my mustache, those damn hairs were constantly stabbing my upper lip and I could still taste the meal I ate two hours ago.

:lol: That make me laugh. "He had 'stache hairs like daggers...."

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

*hugs her remaining cat* 

...you'd think it gets easier after so many, but it actually gets harder. I don't think I can go through it too many more times.

Adding to stress, hubby hasn't been feeling all that well, either...nothing specific, general malaise...to the point he may make a doctor run if he doesn't feel better soon. Could be his apnea getting worse, making him feel worse. So my frowny face will remain a while.

You have my sympathies, LadyCrimson, it's awful to have to do it - but atleast he's not in pain.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Shaved off my mustache, those damn hairs were constantly stabbing my upper lip and I could still taste the meal I ate two hours ago.

I once cut my palm with my own stubble. True story.

Also sorry to hear about your cat, I feel with you, I once had a baby bunny euthanized so I know how awful that experience is. :unsure:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

*hugs her remaining cat* 

Aw, sorry to hear about that LC. Never easy.

Hm, have to admit I lost track of a few hours and misplaced the afternoon..  My copy of Saints Row IV turned up so I installed it as I was working on other things, then made the mistake of going "I'll just have a break and seeing what it's like...."

I still can't find a bloody pillow that I like and that doesn't have me waking up with a crick in my neck. I became too used to/spoiled by this one large, round, micro-beanbag type pillow I found at random. It lasted for 2+ years and it was perfect for my head/neck and shoulder height (I'm a side-sleeper).

My closest is littered with all the pillows I've tried since. Noisy rice husks, memory foam, plain polyester fill. Hate them all. Can't find one like that one, online. Closest are kid animal toy shaped deco pillos. *shakes fists*

Watching Transformers again, because...I don't know. Still love the attack on the shuttle, the music coming to a screaming finish just as Ironhide gets shot at point blank range -- priceless.

And condolences LC. Tis never fun to go through that.

Nelson here pretty much refuses most forms of cat food especially any of the jellied kind. He pretty much only eats the kibble.