What you did today

Rosbjerg

I'm guessing you mean it's someone posing as a girl? and yeah I agree, but either way it's a dead end.

Rather narrow minded of you, Ros. I'd suggest at least giving it a go. ;)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Used the barbecue for the last time this year. We decided to go all out and had sausages, kebab, chicken fillet, fillet of pork and grilled vegetables. Three types of salads were made and some unhealthy potato salad. Served with cold Coca Cola and beers, it was a nice day.

I might work out in 4 hours, and probably spend most of the day playing games and watching movies.

• Like 1

I fixed a leak in the barn roof this morning. I worked in the garden for a little bit. I was going to watch the UF/Miami game but I think I'm going fishing instead. Whatever I catch is going in the pan tonight.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Took kitty to the vet because of a growth I found a couple days ago. Vet says it looks like a wart or extra nipple, but should get it removed to be sure.

With a dental cleaning, that's a $1200 procedure. Without, a little under $600...

:/

He was so eager to get back in the house afterwards he scratched me backhand style across the lip. Just flailing all directions to be let down.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Morally depraved night.. From a russian poledancer, adultery (not cool) to a kissing contest with 3 American exchange student, one of them a gay guy.. But my all time favorite was this pearl "Hey, I heard you're a good kisser, wanna kiss my wife?" .. Ehhh? sure..

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Morally depraved night.. From a russian poledancer, adultery (not cool) to a kissing contest with 3 American exchange student, one of them a gay guy.. But my all time favorite was this pearl "Hey, I heard you're a good kisser, wanna kiss my wife?" .. Ehhh? sure..

I gotta say you have some crazy and amazing nights :biggrin:

Where did this happen at a club or bar?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm taking Walsingham's advice

EDIT: Won't link to correct time.

Begin at 3:10

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Still getting used to the absence of my sister and the big dog. Suddenly not having to deal with it is feeling just slightly odd. Although the cat has taken it into place to start making an awful lot of pitiful meowing at odd times.

Sister actually did a flying visit today, apparently she's got a creepy neighbour with no social skills who stares at the windows from a distance and sets the dog barking. Along with such things as trying to talk to her along the lines of "oh, I love dogs. If you're having trouble getting time, feel free to give me a key and I'll go in and take him out for a walk during the day when you're at work."  :blink:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Shot my 70 lbs bow at a 3D-animal course in the forest. Man, do I suck at archery, today I realized that I'm not an archer and that I'll never be one.
When shooting a bow I'm always doing something wrong, either my leg stance is wrong or I'm gripping the bow too tightly, sloppy release, canting the bow too much..... its just ultra frustrating and it does feel..''wrong''.
Once in a while when all the stars align I make a good shot, but those are rare.

Also, as a rifleman the lack of sights always confuses the hell out of me for a second when I draw the bow, I instinctively want to aim, with sights. My instinctive rifle shooting techniques suddenly become very contra productive and they are very hard or almost impossible to turn off.

Give me a sword, halberd, crossbow, shotgun or a rifle. But keep your bows.  :getlost:

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Shot my 70 lbs bow at a 3D-animal course in the forest. Man, do I suck at archery, today I realized that I'm not an archer and that I'll never be one.

When shooting a bow I'm always doing something wrong, either my leg stance is wrong or I'm gripping the bow too tightly, sloppy release, canting the bow too much..... its just ultra frustrating and it does feel..''wrong''.

Once in a while when all the stars align I make a good shot, but those are rare.

Also, as a rifleman the lack of sights always confuses the hell out of me for a second when I draw the bow, I instinctively want to aim, with sights. My instinctive rifle shooting techniques suddenly become very contra productive and they are very hard or almost impossible to turn off.

Give me a sword, halberd, crossbow, shotgun or a rifle. But keep your bows.  :getlost:

I hope I'm not talking beyond my own abilities, but I believe the secret to archery is NOT to aim like a rifle. It is about placing the mind on your target, and allowing the movement to carry the arrow to the target.

There are several good books on zen and archery which I feel certain you would enjoy. They also taught me a lot about focus and the buddhism in general.

You mentioned sword and halberd in your list of acceptable weapons. These too are reflected in zen thinking on fighting prowess.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I fixed a leak in the barn roof this morning. I worked in the garden for a little bit. I was going to watch the UF/Miami game but I think I'm going fishing instead. Whatever I catch is going in the pan tonight.

Let's hope you don't catch a catfish, too.
  • Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:getlost:

• Like 2

Interviewed yesterday to become asst branch manager here, then hung out with a small group from my floor that're probably 5ish years younger than me with the oldest.

Today I was a tiny bit late getting out of the house, and apparently my passenger to come down to the airport was having a bit of an anureism about me not being there 10 minutes early. She tried to call our phone line and got run around so much that if I hadn't been talking to her for the trip down trying to smooth things over ("We in Iowa are saying the exact same things and are trying to fix it because it's bad for us too!") We'd have lost a customer for that.

Yay for salvaging two customers in 4 weeks (one who's wife was totally missed previously and gave me a 20 dollar tip!)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I love archery. I have two bows. One is a custom made recurve I had done by Mahsaka when I was working in Texas. That one is just for fun. I also have a 20 year old Browning Timberwolf compound bow. I use that one for hunting & fishing (once). Archery is ALL about technique. I always thought it was the purest form of marksmanship. You really should stick with it Woldan. (No pun intended :lol: )

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:lol: ... just :lol:

Thomas Sowell

Managed to get a nice shower in and just shaved. Going to a party tonight and am expecting to get incredibly drunk or have some fun, hopefully both.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Woke with a start caused by cramping calf muscles, then struck by sudden thought that I might be a total ****hole. Then it occurred to me that we might ALL be ****holes.

So I put some soup on, and opened a damn beer. So at least I can't be culpably sober.

EDIT: The beer was a mistake, so I'm fixing coffee and playing Civilisation. My computer appears to have taken pity on me, as my start position is covered in gold and flood plains.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

The coffee was a good idea, the Civ was a mistake. I'm going to play Rebellion, and blow up some planets.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Reading about the weeks long/big Yosemite Park fire, which is currently believed to have been started by a hunter's illegal blaze, makes me wonder if perhaps everyone should be required to take/have an (annual) 3 day course certificate of "techniques on how to build a campfire/signal fire, hopefully without burning down the forest," before being allowed a camping/hunting license or entrance into any National Park, or whatever.

...ok, not really...but sometimes I think it for a few seconds. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Reading about the weeks long/big Yosemite Park fire, which is currently believed to have been started by a hunter's illegal blaze, makes me wonder if perhaps everyone should be required to take/have an (annual) 3 day course certificate of "techniques on how to build a campfire/signal fire, hopefully without burning down the forest," before being allowed a camping/hunting license or entrance into any National Park, or whatever.

...ok, not really...but sometimes I think it for a few seconds. :p

I don't think you could expect any system to prevent the lone wolf idiot.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Ahhh the first day of the NFL season. GF is coming over. She's a big Titans fan (I LOVE women who are into sports, not THATS sexy) so were grilling shish-kabobs and watching the games and later on.... who knows!

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Warm and sunny, nice day.. Went out and had lunch with an American girl I've met. She thought I was taking her on a date hah.. Cultural differences are fun.

And I'm slightly freaked out by how accurate the new Netflix feature is, where it guesses what you would rate a movie. My tastes are apparently very easy to extrapolate. Oh well, makes it very easy to pick out movies and shows.

Fortune favors the bald.

Had a very long night. Not sure of all the details, but what I do remember is pleasant.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands