What you did today

Pidesco

It's overcast today. GF is coming over soon. Sounds like a good day to just sit on the couch and watch Netflix.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Also, why are up before 0600 on a weekend ? :p

Usually in my case, it's more like "why are you still up?" :p

...altho this time I actually went to bed early because I've been up far too late the past week. So I fell asleep at midnight ... and woke up at 2am. :getlost:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was out running when it started pouring. It had been great weather with scorching sun all day, so I said to myself that it would be a great time to go out and move my *** for a while. I wasn't surprised at the rain, just the amount! Even my boxers got wet! I feared the worst for my phone, but it survived. I even got two calls, but I was never going to take it out of my pocket. :D

Oh, and I've lost 13kg since Christmas.

• Like 2

Went out clubbing with 5 pickup artists (2 of them girls).... that was pretty interesting.. Especially when the 2 girls completely disarmed a group of marketing boys and had them pay for drink for the entire group all night on the company card.  lol

Fools and their money.

In this case, their line manager.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I worked last night, started at 10 pm and then the customers storage team didn't do part of there job and we waited for 3 hours for feedback.

I ended up leaving at 4:30 am and got to sleep at 5:30 am. Its amazing how you feel what a waste of weekend it is when you get back so late in the morning due to work and sleep half of Sunday but its fine if you do this when you are partying and need to rest :blink:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hubs and I reached lvl 58 in BL2. Fell asleep at 1am, woke up at 4am. Drat. :)

Surfed Amazon for various things ... window shopping, moved to the internet. I see it's still hard to find an adjustable arm height  deskchair that I'd find comfortable (can't stand the curvy, molded/butt shaped, angled/tilted seat surfaces).

Currently sitting around, a little bored, TV/gaming not on my agenda this hour ... maybe I should go wake the spouse. :dancing:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just woke up. GF still asleep. Time for coffee & breakfast and of course say good morning to you folks.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just woke up. GF still asleep. Time for coffee & breakfast and of course say good morning to you folks.

Poor bugger's got it so bad he's even thinking of us in a good way!

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I'm going to relax and drink.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Today I woke up and thought it was Monday. Realised it was Sunday and shut down for the day.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Listened to test match special backlog.

Watched two horror movies.

Hoping they cancel each other out.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Trying to write. I like to drink while I do it, partially because I feel it helps me relax and not criticize my work. Partially because I think it helps me achieve a supernatural connection to the great sloshed writers of history. Sadly, the rum ran out far earlier than it was supposed to. I have resorted light beer.

Seriously, 4.1% alcohol content? Is it even possible to get drunk off this stuff?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Trying to write. I like to drink while I do it, partially because I feel it helps me relax and not criticize my work. Partially because I think it helps me achieve a supernatural connection to the great sloshed writers of history. Sadly, the rum ran out far earlier than it was supposed to. I have resorted light beer.Seriously, 4.1% alcohol content? Is it even possible to get drunk off this stuff?

I would advise that you flush that piss down the toilet and get some stout or pale ale. If you are writing fiction, I would suggest getting to that nice mellow stage of intoxication where you still have control of your faculties but feel good about everything.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Trying to write. I like to drink while I do it, partially because I feel it helps me relax and not criticize my work. Partially because I think it helps me achieve a supernatural connection to the great sloshed writers of history. Sadly, the rum ran out far earlier than it was supposed to. I have resorted light beer.Seriously, 4.1% alcohol content? Is it even possible to get drunk off this stuff?

I would advise that you flush that piss down the toilet and get some stout or pale ale. If you are writing fiction, I would suggest getting to that nice mellow stage of intoxication where you still have control of your faculties but feel good about everything.

I assure you, I am neither a college kid nor a redneck. That level of inebriation is not the goal. I like to think of the target area as somewhere where I can be a little silly, but not quite to the point of writing poetry.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Remember Tale, Hemingway did his best work when he was three sheets in the wind. Joyce & Poe too.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I assure you, I am neither a college kid nor a redneck. That level of inebriation is not the goal. I like to think of the target area as somewhere where I can be a little silly, but not quite to the point of writing poetry.

Its funny how creativity works. I work with software so its not creative and I find my senses can't be impaired in any way in order to do an effective job :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Remember Tale, Hemingway did his best work when he was three sheets in the wind. Joyce & Poe too.

Me too. And by that I mean 'urination'.

-Elwood Blues

Well Shelly, Byron and Polidori were all meant to be a mixture of drunk and stoned together in that summer of 1816, and look what they produced.

Woke up exceptionally groggily this morning, phasing in and out of some bizarre dreams and a semi-grindy/stabby headache. Also had a large german shephard sat next to my bed poking my face with a wet nose.  Plus it's a Monday.  Was highly tempted to ignore the Monday and pretend it was Sunday again.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Someone in the household forgot to turn the TV before they went to bed and no the image is all messed up. At first, I thought it was me, but then I remembered I was not the last one to go to bed nor the last one to use the damn thing. It was already acting a bit strange and would probably only have lasted 18 months at most. Now I have to get a new one this week because the dumb-dumb person forgot such an easy thing as to power off the damn thing. R.I.P. friend, teacher, sometimes enemy. I'm really picky when it comes to TVs, so I'll be looking really hard before I decide which one to get, most probably a Samsung of some sort.

Oh, and as I type this, my computer screen decides to act all crazy. Me and my wallet will not get along this month.

Edited by Labadal

I'm really picky when it comes to TVs, so I'll be looking really hard before I decide which one to get, most probably a Samsung of some sort.

Really picky, huh? OK then!

http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1828326

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm really picky when it comes to TVs, so I'll be looking really hard before I decide which one to get, most probably a Samsung of some sort.

Really picky, huh? OK then!

http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1828326

I said Samsung!  :bat:

This is more likely and actually affordable.

http://www.samsung.com/se/consumer/tv-home-theatre/tv/led/UE46F6475SBXXE

Someone in the household forgot to turn the TV before they went to bed and no the image is all messed up. At first, I thought it was me, but then I remembered I was not the last one to go to bed nor the last one to use the damn thing. It was already acting a bit strange and would probably only have lasted 18 months at most. Now I have to get a new one this week because the dumb-dumb person forgot such an easy thing as to power off the damn thing. R.I.P. friend, teacher, sometimes enemy. I'm really picky when it comes to TVs, so I'll be looking really hard before I decide which one to get, most probably a Samsung of some sort.

Oh, and as I type this, my computer screen decides to act all crazy. Me and my wallet will not get along this month.

It's the planned obsolescence that makes them cheap. Never shall a Samsung enter the Nepenthe household.

Meanwhile, dropped my iphone on a stone floor, which was enough to finally wreck the poor abused thing. Happily, i'm crashing at my mother's place post-sinusitis, so it set off my traveler's insurance meaning free replacement.

Apart from that, spending the week in Helsinki and setting up enough dates so I can bear the desert of the North for the rest of the year. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif